main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Hand of Fate - (L/M post TLC AU) - Completed!! November 27

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Max, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_M_Sky

Master_M_Sky Jedi Master star 1

Aug 3, 2006
    :eek:

Well, he just jumped right in there, didn't he?

You know, I think I read a fic like this a while ago, but honestly, I am loving this version a lot more. Especially because it's very early in their relationship and the Force-bond has already been established. Please continue, and fast! I can't wait to see Mara's reaction!

UPDATE! Thanks for the PM.

2. redtenko

redtenko Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    I hate to break it to you, Skywalker, but I've never had the urge to know you had a crush on your sister, or that she kissed you as a way to make Han jealous. Some of us prefer having one screwed up personality, not two."

I loooove that line. poor Luke, she's gonna spit all over his kitchen. you know, if the prosecution expects Luke to abuse his force bond against Mara, he might as well get to throw it back at em as proof of their marriage. or maybe the prosecution doesnt know about it--they probably dont, actually, and there's probably a leak somewhere else--and they can use the bond to help them pretend to be a couple

3. Feng_Huang

Feng_Huang Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    Great cliffie. Both Luke and Mara are about to take a good leap of faith... (Indiana Jones ost on the background)

4. Bianka_Kenobi

Bianka_Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Jun 21, 2005
    Here I am, lurking along peacefully, and you end a chapter like that? whoa! That's ok, she's probably going to kick his butt before she hears him out.

I love it that their bond is already in place! great idea! So, can I get on the PM list?

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I figure, if nothing else, Mara will be choking for a while on that last piece of conversation. Farmboy sure knows how to win a girl. I thought it was funny that he could hear her thoughts about his body. That could either get very embarrassing or very hot, depending...

Great job.

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    "I think I know how to save you from execution as a traitor. Marry me."

:eek: :eek: :eek:

WOW - what a way to propose.

I can't wait to see what Mara's response will be.

I have to say, I'm very impressed with how she is handling the NRI agents. I really expected her to lose it completely with Cracken, especially when he wouldn't tell her who their source is.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Wow, that's a zinger! I wonder what kind of response she'll have, calm, or explosive?

8. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    *pant pant* Need......more.....story....*Pant pant* Ooooh please don't leave us hanging long, right there at that incredibly....many words come to mind.....CLIFFhangish moment!!!! AAAHHHHHH!!!! Luke's gonna get Jawa Juice all over him, his floor, his kitchen and his "long, muscled line of his legs." A woman darn better well be allowed to just "observe"....hahahaha...oh Mara, if you only knew what was coming...

:eek: :oops: [face_whistling] [face_worried] [face_love] [face_praying] =D= 8-}

There, that's just a sampling of the emotions you now have running through me at the moment.

More, please oh please!! Pretty please?

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Damn the man for looking so good when she felt so low.

[face_laugh] Loved it! ;)

=D=

10. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    now that I'm thinking of it, and have read a couple of the other replies. . .

any one else *hear* Luke say that line in a tone akin to Sabrina's father asking the cook to Marry him in the early 90's version of Sabrina w/Harrison Ford?

Or am I just weird?

11. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    He waited for a heartbeat as she lifted the glass to her lips and then; "Marry me."

That Luke. Never goes for the overly-mushy proposals, does he? [face_laugh]

I have to say, I'm loving this fic. I love Mara's voice and how they're dealing with this bond that's not yet so welcomed. I'm sure it's going to come in handy at some point, though...

Great update and thanks for the PM! :D

12. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    I hope she doesn't choke to bad. I bet she at least gets a good laugh out of it until she realizes that he is serious. LOL great post and thanks.@};-

13. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    "I came peacefully, I've cooperated with you in every way and you expect me to what?"

Great opening line. :D

It was a figure she'd have stopped to look at anywhere else in the galaxy but Coruscant. His blonde hair was still shaggy and in need of a cut but it only added to his innocent charm rather than make him look unkempt. Damn the man for looking so good when she felt so low.

[face_laugh] Guys are good at that.

He stopped several paces away, the intensity in his blue eyes catching her off guard. "I'd like to help you."

Aww, that's so farmboy!Luke. :)

"I didn't create this thing between us on my own you know. Everything I've found indicates Force Bonds are created mutually; they can't be forced on another person."

Somehow I doubt that's what Mara wants to hear right now. [face_mischief]

"I hate to break it to you, Skywalker, but I've never had the urge to know you had a crush on your sister, or that she kissed you as a way to make Han jealous. Some of us prefer having one screwed up personality, not two."

[face_laugh]

The repulsors wound down and were promptly replaced by hovering data droids and the flashing of lights as they took holo footage remotely for the holo reports. Luke waved his hand, irritated at the intrusion, sending the bots careening over the side of the building.

I guess being a Jedi would give you the edge in dealing with paparazzi. [face_devil]

"I hope not. I think if I did, it would mean that a part of me believes I deserve their attention and I know I don't.

Good boy, Luke. =D=

It was an unconscious gesture, one Mara had never noticed before, and one she only noticed now because he wasn't thinking about it. Interesting.

[face_devil][face_whistling]

She couldn't help but trace the long, muscled line of his legs as he bent forward to grab the juice from the back of the container.

"I can hear that, Mara."

She arched an eyebrow at him when he shot her a look. "A woman's allowed to observe if nothing else."

[face_laugh] Luke totally just caught her checking him out. I'd never thought about that aspect of a Force bond, but that could lead to some very interesting situations later. [face_whistling]

"I think I know how to save you from execution as a traitor."

"I'm all ears, Skywalker."

He waited for a heartbeat as she lifted the glass to her lips and then; "Marry me."

[face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh] Oh, that was amazing! I can't wait to see how Mara reacts to that proposal! :D

14. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    It's probably a good thing that Luke gave her juice instead of caf. Less likelihood of third degree burns when she throws it at him.

15. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    She followed him into the kitchenette, watching as he rummaged through the cupboards for a couple of glasses before turning to the chiller. She couldn't help but trace the long, muscled line of his legs as he bent forward to grab the juice from the back of the container.
    "I can hear that, Mara."
    She arched an eyebrow at him when he shot her a look. "A woman's allowed to observe if nothing else."

[face_laugh]:cool:

Sorry it took so long for me to catch up. I love the cliffie ending here. I'm inclined to agree with the opinion that Luke's in need of an umbrella.

16. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    waiting (im)patiently for the next part.... O:)

17. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    RedGold ? Possibly, possibly ;)

Jedi_Liz - *laughs* I had to leave it there, I couldn?t resist when I wrote the chapter. But, I do have the next one ready, so not too long of a wait I hope.

academygrad88 - :D Thanks!

star_writer24 - :D

maramijade ? Exactly, how is she going to take it? *arches an eyebrow* Of course, Luke had it all planned. Cold is better than hot if there?s a chance of having it thrown at you ;)

He can even make it temporary, do the whole keep it up for a few years, and divorce latter (gahhh I hate that as an option, but something to sooth mara for a little while.. . )

Actually, I?ll address that in this post too ? stay tuned :D

any one else *hear* Luke say that line in a tone akin to Sabrina's father asking the cook to Marry him in the early 90's version of Sabrina w/Harrison Ford?

LOL! Nope, can?t say that I can, but then, I?ve never seen it *grin* Interesting line of thought though :D

Rivad_Bacar2 [/v] ? Thanks for reading :) I think the lady doth protest too much too ? she just doesn?t realize it yet.

Jedimaster_JainaSolo - *laughs* Thanks! I hope her reaction lives up to your expectations ? and is a bit of a surprise at the same time ;)

TenelKaSolo ? Thank you, I?d be happy to add you to my PM list.

Daughterofflame ? Ah, but has she actually swallowed yet? ;)

cggunnersmate ? Yup, evil cliffie ? and they?re going to continue since they?re the perfect ways to break up my chapters lol!

Could this be turning into an epic/novella and not just a short story?

Entirely possible *laughs* There?s a lot of potential for conflict and angst ? as well as romance ? which will be fun to explore.

Jedi-2B - *grin* Thanks. I hadn?t actually heard of this particular idea until I read it on the Plot Bunny Thread ? and then it just grabbed me and wouldn?t let go.

Jade_eyes ? Ah, but Mara may not be showing how irritated she is. It could just be inconvenient when they?re near each other and around others. Of course, that?s going to change too... ;)

Jaded_Rose ?*grin* Thanks :D I think Luke had it planned from the start. No hot drinks ? they scald when they?re thrown at you.

Also, my bunny henchmen were actually most concerned with Lady Luck, and a sequel I'm trying to see if I can trick you into writing.

LOL! Well, send your evil plot bunnies my way and we?ll see if we can tango ;)

IceFire27 - *grin* thanks :D More to follow!

Master_M_Sky ? Luke?s never been one to put things off, not really anyway. Plus his visit from Mr. Skyes would have lit a fire under his butt. If he doesn?t do it now, there?s going to be speculation later as to why he would ? or Skyes would try and prevent it based on legal grounds etc. etc. etc.

redtenko ? Thank you, I?ve been having fun with their dialogue in this. As to the trial ? that?s going to show up eventually as their marriage begins and hit the rocks; and Skyes tries to get his cake and eat it too ;)

Feng_Huang ? Indeed!

Bianka_Kenobi - *laughs* You didn?t have to come out of lurking on my account ? but thank you for leaving your comments. I?d be happy to PM you when I update.

dianethx ? lol! Indeed. Of course, I think Luke is pretty sure Mara?s not going to take him seriously, not initially anyway. And the Force Bond is going to be a very... conflicting part of their relationship with thoughts like Mara?s...

KELIA ? Indeed ;) Mara with the NRI isn?t done yet, and Cracken will appear once more. I?m looking forward to a ?chat? between he, Luke and Mara in which Mara gains and keeps the upper hand ? it?ll be fun :D

AvenKiel ? Indeed! What kind of response? that?s to follow :)

Irish_Jedi_Jade - *laughs* Ten days isn?t long ? besides it lets your imaginations run wild :D Glad you?re enjoying it!

VaderLVR64 ? Luke has a way of looking good no matter the circumstance, do

18. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Chapter 5

The drink paused a fraction of a heartbeat away from sliding into her mouth and Mara tipped it back into the glass. "Marry you - right." She laughed; she couldn't help it. "I don't think so, Skywalker."

He was quiet, watching her, his weight braced on the one arm he had on the countertop, the other hand holding the barely touched glass of juice. "Why not?"

"You're not serious."

Blue eyes held hers and she felt him lift the temporary shield he'd placed between him and their bond. He was serious. Deadly serious. She recoiled from the intensity of that look, but managed not to show it physically. Her glass started to slip through her fingers and she tightened her grip before replacing it carefully on the counter without having tasted a drop. "You are serious. Come on, Skywalker, marriage? Isn't that a little extreme?"

"They're going to subpoena me, Mara. They'll force me to testify against you - which they can't do only if we're married. I consider you a friend, I find you as attractive as you find me and we already know each other's little quirks - you know I sing in the shower, I know you like to paint your toenails before going on assignment. The added bonus to this situation is that it would keep you alive."

"But in chains." She shook her head, hardly believing a part of her was even considering his off hand proposal. "I'm not the marrying kind, Luke. I'd be a horrible wife."

"We don't have to be a real married couple; just until this whole mess blows over."

"When? In twenty years? Thirty? How long does it take for the taint that was the Emperor to be forgotten?" Serious green irises met blue. "They'll never forget this. You know it as well as I do. If, and I stress if, I even considered your proposal, it would be for life."

His lips kicked into a small smile. "Is it your freedom or mine you're so worried about?"

Mara pushed away from the counter. "It wouldn't work."

Luke finally placed his own glass beside hers and straightened with her. He searched her face for something. "It would only fail if we wanted it to. I wouldn't ask you to change for me Mara; if you did, you wouldn't be you."

"And the Smuggler's Alliance?"

"If you've no objections to my continued search for more potential Jedi, I have no qualms about you continuing your work. In fact, I'd insist."

"Already sick of me?"

"Never." He smiled, easing the seriousness of the observation. "Though we would have to spend the mandatory Coruscant honeymoon period before either of us could return to our jobs."

"Mandatory honeymoon period?" She choked on her laugh. "You're not serious."

He shrugged. "I read it somewhere. I'm sure we can talk our way out of it somehow."

"And if we can't - if it really is some kind of law?"

"Then we comply and try not to kill each other before the end of it. I don't know about you, but dying once by your hand is enough."

"Ha!" She snorted. "That wasn't even you."

"He looked like me."

"But lacked the farm boy charm," she grinned. "Don't tell me the noble Jedi Master is holding a grudge."

He grinned back. "Occasionally. I'm not perfect."

"No, you just like people to think you are."

"Do you honestly believe that?"

Her smirk told him she did. Luke picked up her glass, offering it once more. "So can I take that as a yes to my proposal?"

"You do realize there's a few things we have to get straight before I even consider saying yes, right?"

"Like the possibility of execution being less painful than life with me?"

"Ha ha." She accepted the drink. "I was thinking of our sleeping arrangements."

Luke blinked in surprise.

She almost laughed. "Is your couch comfortable?"

"Do you plan on camping out there?"

"You're the gentleman; you tell me - unless you want to live at my place."

"I've never seen your place."

"Then it would be a gamble, wouldn't it?" Her eyes gleamed with challenge. "Do you gamble, Jedi Skywalker?"

"Only with my life, never my accommodations. Besides, I doubt your

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Lovely update. Very realistic and natural things they covered. A mandatory honeymoon. LOL So... when does the snogging start? [face_laugh] ;)

20. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Mara agreed more readily than I feared she might. Is Karrde invited to the wedding, too? After all, he'll have to give her time off for the Mandatory Honeymoon. LOL! Good update.

21. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    You sure know how to torture us.....evil cliffhanger and all.....of course I should talk [face_whistling] O:)

Anyway, I didn't expect Mara to hesitantly readily agree, but then again, I think she's gradually warming up to Luke......I think Han's going to knock the comm over and Leia will hopefully not jump up and make the babies fall off the couch where they were resting with her.

This is becoming very interesting.

I just hope it won't be another ten days of waiting for H and L's reactions. [face_whistling]

22. Master_M_Sky

Master_M_Sky Jedi Master star 1

Aug 3, 2006
    Wow! Mara must be really freaked out about this trial thing to agree so quickly. But then again, who could blame her for agreeing? The farmboy is irresistible. [face_batting]

They're getting married quite quickly, aren't they? Wow. Well, no sense in waiting, I guess.

By the way, I loved Luke's argument about knowing each others quirks. He's so cute.

Leia's going to go into cardiac arrest. Really. She's probably going to need to be hospitalized. Along with Luke, after she tries to kill him.

Thanks for the PM. Update soon!

Edit: I can't spell today.

23. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Loved the way you upped the humor and the tension as the post went on.

LOL on the bombshell at the end.

"I'd like something from you both."

"Nothing expensive is it?"

"No, not expensive."

Han waited expectantly.

So Luke obliged and dropped his bomb shell. "I'd like you both to come to my wedding."

Go, Luke!

24. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I forgot about the too shocked or amused to toss the drink option. I'm actually beginning to think that Mara was the easy one - Leia is gonna have a problem.

25. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    I think you're right, RebelMom. But still...that was an awesome chapter. And I'll think there'll be a lot of spilling, shooting, hitting, throwing, and otherwise violent behavior on the "mandatory honeymoon." I can't wait for the ceremony....she'll probably deck Luke after the obligatory kiss...LOL, I LOVE it, please oh please, may we have more soon?! Pretty please?

=D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.