main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Hand of Fate - (L/M post TLC AU) - Completed!! November 27

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Max, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm glad Mara finally came around to accepting Luke's proposal.

I just wonder how long it will be after they are married before she succumbs to his charm =P~ =P~

Loved how casually Luke invited Han and Leia to the wedding.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

2. Jaded_Rose

Jaded_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2006
    All things considered, she took it remarkably well. As to Leia... that will be a fun conversation. Though, maybe it would throw her off the scent of the bond, if she thinks a relationship with Mara is what Luke was lying about?

J_Ro

3. smiley_rancor

smiley_rancor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2006
    LOL - talk about a complete bombshell!!! I agree, I wonder how well Leia will take this...
    Really great story so far - If you have a PM list it would be great to be added.

Thanks,

s_r

4. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I love your Mara and I love the ending to this chapter. Heck, I just love the whole thing. I even love the PM. :D

Excellent update!

5. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    Hey! you didn't let her spit the juice all over the place! no fair!:(

Just kidding. anyway, that was very cool. I'm glad she said yes...now they can begin the journey to figure out that they really love each other. Good characterization in the debate though. Mara definitely would have weighed the pros and cons before accepting.

I can just see Han and Leia's faces:

Han::eek:[face_laugh];)=D= "That's a good one, kid! How did you expect us to believe you found someone crazy enough to marry you?"
    Leia: :eek::mad:[face_shame_on_you]"Luke! That's not even something to joke about!"

Haha, anyway. Nice post! I can't wait for more.

[face_cowboy]Jaina[face_cowboy]

6. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Wow, that went a lot better than I expected!

7. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Mara sure said yes alot faster than I thought she would. Yet she is a very smart person and I am sure inside she is very scared even though I doubt she would ever admit it outloud. I have faith in that farmboy charm and they proubly won't have to 'mount' that frame in the guest bedroom.[face_blush] The reaction from Leia will be very interesting. Han will proubly be in favor of the union because he always knew something was hot between the two of them. Leia is more black and white where her brother is concerned. Great job and can not wait for the next chapter. Thanks!@};-

8. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    "I'd like something from you both."
    "Nothing expensive is it?"
    "No, not expensive."

[face_laugh]
    I love Han. He's so practical.

And yet another cliffie that's really fun. How do you do it? Cliffie endings usually drive me crazy, but your's are great.=D=

9. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Oh wow! What a way to break the news to his family. Talk about shocking! Great story. I look forward to the next chapter.

AG88

10. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    Blue eyes held hers and she felt him lift the temporary shield he'd placed between him and their bond. He was serious. Deadly serious. She recoiled from the intensity of that look, but managed not to show it physically.

Wow, Mara took that a lot better than I thought she might, but that's a good thing. Plus I miss earnest-farmboy!Luke, and you write him really well here. :)

I consider you a friend, I find you as attractive as you find me and we already know each other's little quirks - you know I sing in the shower, I know you like to paint your toenails before going on assignment. The added bonus to this situation is that it would keep you alive."

[face_laugh] The man makes some good points. ;)

If, and I stress if, I even considered your proposal, it would be for life."

I have a feeling that will come in handy later. [face_whistling]

Artoo bleated something from another room that sounded distinctly unflattering.

[face_laugh] I love how you worked Artoo in.

It wasn't until Mara finally left though, with the promise to meet him that afternoon to take their vows, which Luke finally breathed easier.

They're certainly not wasting any time. This is going to be interesting. [face_mischief]

So Luke obliged and dropped his bomb shell. "I'd like you both to come to my wedding."

:eek: Whoa! I think Luke's used up his quota of bomb shells for the next couple of decades! Leia's going to flip...

11. dawn7191

dawn7191 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2007
    More,more. pretty please. Can I be added to your pm list too.

12. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] Amazing! :D

"When? In twenty years? Thirty? How long does it take for the taint that was the Emperor to be forgotten?" Serious green irises met blue. "They'll never forget this. You know it as well as I do. If, and I stress if, I even considered your proposal, it would be for life."

His lips kicked into a small smile. "Is it your freedom or mine you're so worried about?"

I loved the interaction between these two! :p

=D=

13. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I finally got a chance to read this, and it's wonderful, J_M! =D= I love the way you write L/M. :D

"Then it would be a gamble, wouldn't it?" Her eyes gleamed with challenge. "Do you gamble, Jedi Skywalker?"

"Only with my life, never my accommodations

The banter about living arrangements was great and that part cracked me up! [face_laugh]

Can't wait to see what happens next. Can I be on your PM list, please?

14. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    *bump*

You know, even if Jade_Max gives us a post tomorrow or Tuesday, I doubt it will be the one that contains the wedding vows. Han and Leia have to get over the shock, I can see it now "Yeah right, Kid. What do you really want?" and Leia saying "Be serious Luke, you're not even dating anyone!" and then there's the chance Luke will get held up going to the justice of the peace or whatever they use for the wedding. So, I think we are just going to have to wait. ;)

15. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Jade_eyes - *laughs* well, I can?t just have them thrown together without adding a touch of conflict, now can I? ;)

Jedi-2B ? I think Karrde?s a little far out to get to the wedding, but he?ll make an appearance later ? if I get the courage to write him ? to offer his felicitations *grin* That?s going to be fun :D

Jedi_Liz ? I think Mara realizes that Luke?s option is about the only one that make any kind of sense given the circumstances; she?s a smart lady after all, not that she won?t have second thoughts ;)

Master_M_Sky - *grin*I have to agree that Luke?s irresistible; of course, Mara might just be thinking that marriage to him won?t be so bad because she?ll walk all over him

They're getting married quite quickly, aren't they? Wow. Well, no sense in waiting, I guess.

Why wait when it will only give you the chance for cold feet? ;)

dianethx ? I?m working at including my humor into my stories. It?s not my forte my any means, so the comment is well appreciated thanks!

RebelMom ? lol! Yeah, Leia?s going to have a thing to two to say...

Irish_Jedi_Jade ? The Mandatory honeymoon?s going to be a lot of fun to write ? when I get there ;)

I can't wait for the ceremony....she'll probably deck Luke after the obligatory kiss...

LOL! That?s a mental image :D Somehow I don?t think her decking him will convince the justice that they?re supposed to be married *snicker*

KELIA - Ah, the ride after the wedding is going to be the fun one :D

Jaded_Rose ? Leia?s kind-of aware of the bond between them, she?s just as adamant as Mara about getting rid of it though ;)

smiley_rancor ? I?d be happy to add you, thanks for reading!

ginchy ? Thank you! :D

Jedimaster_JainaSolo ? I was tempted to have Mara spit her juice, but I figured a calm, amused reaction fit the situation better. It?s been bizarre enough that she?d take it in stride, I think.

AvenKiel ? Things get interesting from here ;)

JEDIFLYSWATTER ? Yoiur faith in Luke?s charm is well placed ? but I think there are a few things that have to happen before she?s willing to succumb; and that?s going to be the interesting part. Leia?s reaction is up next *rubs hands together*

Blue_Milkshake ? Han?s always practical. Even being rich, he?ll always be practical lol! Cliffie endings drive me nuts too, but in this case, the fun involved I think makes them more enjoyable.

academygrad88 ? I?m sure Luke couldn?t resist after all the surprises Leia and Han have thrown his way.

Emerald_Lady ? Mara?s a smart lady ;) she?d know how to weigh her options and after her discussion with Luke I?m sure she?s aware he is the best option. And I couldn?t resist adding artoo ? he?s so overlooked sometimes.

Whoa! I think Luke's used up his quota of bomb shells for the next couple of decades! Leia's going to flip...
    LOL! I think you?re right too :D

dawn7191 ? I?d be happy to add you to my PM list :D Thanks for reading!

VaderLVR64 ? I think Mara?s rational side is going to balance out Luke?s impetuousness perfectly; once she gets over being stuck with him and him alone for several weeks ;)

Jedi Trace ? Tracie! I?m flattered you?ve stopped in, thanks for reading my first full-length L/M piece. I?d be happy to PM you when I update :)

Update to follow - thanks for reading everyone [:D] !

Note: Sorry for the late update guys, but we had a death in the family and things kind of got hectic. Hopefully I won't be so long between updates next time ;)

16. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Chapter 6

"Wedding?" Leia elbowed her way into Luke's apartment less than ten minutes later. She was twin-less and Han-less; which meant he was in big trouble. "Since when are you engaged?"

"Nice to see you too, Leia."

She waved it away, rounding on him. "I would have hoped you would have told at least me about a fiancée. Who is it?"

"You know her."

"I know a lot of people and few meet your high qualifications for female companionship, little brother."

"Hey! We don't know if you're older or not."

"I act older; that's enough." Leia sank down into one of the chairs in his living room. "Luke, I just don't want you rushing into something you'll regret later. No matter who she is, I'm sure she's a wonderful person, but-"

"It's Mara."

Silence descended as Leia stared at him, her perfectly cultured manners preventing her from showing much beyond initial shock. But she did open her mouth twice before being able to voice her thoughts. "Pardon?"

"I said; it's Mara."

"Mara. As in Mara Jade? The ex-Imperial assassin who tried to kill you?"

"Do you know anyone else named Mara?"

"Luke!"

"Leia!" He mimicked her hurt expression. "I know what I'm doing."

"Isn't this kind of sudden?"

"A little." Luke's concession was accompanied with an uncomfortable shrug. "But if we don't do this now, I'll be forced into a situation I'm not comfortable with; I'll be putting one of my friends ? my best friend ? on the execution block."

"So marrying her is the logical course of action. Naturally." Leia's dry observation was accompanied with a venomous shake of her head. "There has to be another way, something that won't get you tied to someone like her."

Luke blinked. "Someone like her?" He eyed his sister carefully at the unexpected attack. "What do you mean?"

"Well, she's not exactly the most discreet person when it comes to her affairs."

"They'll all show."

"Oh?"

Luke waved away her expectant expression. "Don't ask how I know, just forget it. Next objection?"

"She's not really your type."

"And just what is my type, Leia? Even you have to admit I've had lousy luck with women."

She colored. "I didn't know you were my brother!"

"I know." He smiled to take the edge off. "But I wasn't talking about you."

"Oh." She settled back in her chair. "It's not that you have a type, alright, it's just... I can't see Mara making you happy."

"Why not?"

"You're too contrary. You argue all the time, she still holds a bit of a grudge, she's focused on her career and I can't see her all that keen on starting a family."

"And I am?" Luke shook his head. "I know all of that, Leia. Trust me; I'm not jumping into this to martyr myself for Mara."

"I don't know... you do love to play the hero."

He grimaced. "Fine. I like to play the hero and save the girl; but that's not the reason here." He blushed and corrected himself. "The only reason, I mean."

Leia's brown eyes - so different from his own and yet not - were soft and compassionate as she regarded him. "It's this Force bond thing, isn't it?"

"Mostly. I can't explain it, but this decision feels like the right one. I know it's not going to be a conventional marriage, but just being with her is enough. Even if we do fight all the time, we manage to find common ground somehow."

Leia laughed softly. "I suppose you do. You did manage to stay alive through her campaign to kill you."

"There, see? She knows I'm useful and Mara never throws away a good resource."

They shared a laugh before Leia rose to her feet. "Are you sure you know what you're doing?"

"Not really, but it's not the wrong thing, so that's something."

Leia still didn't look convinced, but she knew her brother well enough to know Luke wasn't going to be talked out of this particular decision. Something in his gaze and posture was warning her not to pry and she heeded that warning - reluctantly. Once he and Mara were married, maybe then Luke would open up to her about why it was so important to ha

17. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Mara, don't complain - it's a good deal. You'll be the envy of every female in the galaxy. :*

18. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Jade_Max - I'm very sorry for your loss. [:D][:D]

"You're too contrary. You argue all the time, she still holds a bit of a grudge, she's focused on her career and I can't see her all that keen on starting a family."

Luke should have pointed out that Han and Leia argued all the time, Leia's fairly focused on her career and she also hesitated to start a family before learning about their father as a little boy growing up on Tatooine from her grandmother's diary.

Hmmm, convince the judge, huh? Just don't use a Jedi Mind Trick, farmboy. ;) And I do wonder what will happen after the obligatory kiss......Mara can't slap him, that's too obvious. ;) [face_thinking]

19. Master_M_Sky

Master_M_Sky Jedi Master star 1

Aug 3, 2006
    Mara! Don't you realize how fortunate you are??

That woman can be so thick-headed. She's marrying LUKE SKYWALKER, for Heaven's sake!

Anyway.

Great update. Leia was very agreeable. I'm proud of her.

And I think it's hilarious that Luke and Mara are attracted to each other. Might make for some very embarrassing situations.

Love it!

And I'm very sorry for your loss. Hoping your family is doing okay. [:D]

20. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    THIRD!!!

EDIT: GREAT update!!!! I'd comment on the whole dang thing...but that would take up a lot of time and space! Hehe, however, I have to comment that I LOVED the little detail of Luke shining his boots "to a militiary shine"!! That is so like our farmboy! And Mara...goodness gracious!! She's about the luckiest woman in the galaxy, but then again, Luke is the luckiest guy in the galaxy cause he's getting mara. And she WOULD show up looking gosh darned GORGEOUS!!! I LOVED your description of the dress...

AWESOME!!! Awesome job!

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

EDIT again: My sincere sympathies to you and your family. [:D]

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL moment: Leia saying she acts older :)

Yeah-baby_I-bet moment: Emerald green fabric two shades darker than her eyes pooled from a single knot on one shoulder and slid like water down across her breasts only to dip into
    the curves of her waist and then flare out around her hips. The vision she presented was one he hadn't been prepared for, and completely side-tracked his
    thought process. He had the strangest urge to reach out and unknot the shoulder to see if the dress would fall from her body the same way it-

Lovely dress. :D Luke's thoughts are getting less .... platonic all the time [face_laugh] [face_batting]

My warmest condolences to you & your family

[:D] At such a time, it makes me even more grateful for this fun update. @};-

22. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Too much looking and ut-oh... :p

great update, I love how well it flows around their aprehensions!

23. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I absolutey loved the mental image of Luke throwing Skyes out of his apartment :) :)

Leia's chat with her brother was wonderful and I hope she was able to set aside her doubts. Regardless of what she thinks of Mara, Luke is willingly marrying her.

"Tell Han when the justice asks if anyone has any reason why Mara and I shouldn't be married he's not allowed to speak up."

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Now why would Luke think sweet ol' Han would do such a thing? :p

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

24. IceFire27

IceFire27 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2007
    [:D]I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences go out to you and your family.[:D]

My favorite part of the update has got to be: "And Leia?"
    "Yes?"
    He smiled faintly. "Tell Han when the justice asks if anyone has any reason why Mara and I shouldn't be married he's not allowed to speak up."
    [face_laugh]

Though I can't believe that Mara would even doubt that she had made the correct decision. After all how could you go wrong marring Luke Skywalker?:p

25. dawn7191

dawn7191 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2007
    Thank you for adding me to your pm list. I love the update.I can't wait for the moment luke can kiss the bride. Will he or wont he. Will she let him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.