main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Hand of Fate - (L/M post TLC AU) - Completed!! November 27

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Max, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences...

This story was adorable. I loved that they were both somewhat reluctant but Han's reaction was classic!

Loved this.

Emerald green fabric two shades darker than her eyes pooled from a single knot on one shoulder and slid like water down across her breasts only to dip into the curves of her waist and then flare out around her hips. The vision she presented was one he hadn't been prepared for, and completely side-tracked his thought process. He had the strangest urge to reach out and unknot the shoulder to see if the dress would fall from her body the same way it-

Yeah, Luke's a guy and in love at that.

Good job.

2. smiley_rancor

smiley_rancor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2006
    I'm glad that Leia was so tolerant and that Luke and Mara have approached this well. Loved the description of Mara's dress (I want one) and Luke's reaction!

Can't wait for the wedding...

s_r

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, many condolences.

3. redtenko

redtenko Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    hrm, for some reason Han's crankieness suprised me, but I can hardly wait for Karrde's reaction! heheh...

4. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [:D] to you and your family!

Wonderful update--you're writing L/M and H/L just perfectly. I just enjoy this story so much and am so excited whenever there is an update! Now, to see if they can marry... :D

Thanks for the PM!

5. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    awesome!! I love the banter...its perfect!! Only Leia knows the real reason for the marriage..*snicker* but I'm sure Luke and Mara will find out soon enough. Right? *hopeful* can't wait for more!!!!

[face_cowboy]Jaina[face_cowboy]

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I've been offline and behind, but it's so good to be reading this again. I'm sorry for your lose though, just take your time updating.[:D]

I love Luke's solution to the situation. That's a way to get them to tie the knot earlier in their relationship. I loved Han and Leia's reactions, and Mara's too for that matter.

She's getting a good deal. Can't wait until she realizes that.[face_love]

~MJ@};-

7. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    She was twin-less and Han-less; which meant he was in big trouble.

Loved this sentence! Though Leia seems to be taking this a lot better than Han. Great update. Looking forward to the wedding.

And my sympathies to you and your family. @};-

8. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    She was twin-less and Han-less; which meant he was in big trouble.

[face_laugh] I love this line.

"Hey! We don't know if you're older or not."

"I act older; that's enough."

lol I really like the way you write their sibling relationship. :)

"And just what is my type, Leia? Even you have to admit I've had lousy luck with women."

She colored. "I didn't know you were my brother!"

"I know." He smiled to take the edge off. "But I wasn't talking about you."

Well, it makes sense that she would still be weirded out by that. ;)

"Tell Han when the justice asks if anyone has any reason why Mara and I shouldn't be married he's not allowed to speak up."

Leia's the only woman in the universe who could hold Han back, too. [face_mischief]

It had been what? A moment of weakness? Fear for her life? Insanity possibly that had encouraged her to consider and then accept Skywalker's proposal? Her lips twisted. All of that and more probably.

I like this look into Mara's reservations. They're very believable and in-character.

Emerald green fabric two shades darker than her eyes pooled from a single knot on one shoulder and slid like water down across her breasts only to dip into the curves of her waist and then flare out around her hips. The vision she presented was one he hadn't been prepared for, and completely side-tracked his thought process. He had the strangest urge to reach out and unknot the shoulder to see if the dress would fall from her body the same way it-

"I can hear that, Skywalker."

This is a gorgeous description. [face_hypnotized] I like the way you show their burgeoning attraction to each other. :D

9. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    I think Mara is going to like this more than she will even say. Business transaction, my butt. The deal is that they did it right. They were best friends before they were lovers. Super post and thanks.@};-

10. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    My condolences to your family. @};-

This was a really nice chapter! Hopefully, Mara will realize very soon that she is the lukie - I mean, luckiest - gal in the galaxy. =P~

He had the strangest urge to reach out and unknot the shoulder to see if the dress would fall from her body the same way it-

"I can hear that, Skywalker."

[face_laugh] [face_love]

That's perfect! [:D]

11. Jaded_Rose

Jaded_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2006
    I'm so sorry for your loss, Jade_Max. @};- [face_hug]

I love how Han and Mara snipe back and forth with each other - I can see that relationship becoming very close, soon. That is, if Luke and Mara manage to tie the knot! I can't wait to see how Justice Maddox reacts.

J_Ro

12. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Oh yeah, Mara's fightin' this real hard, she's sooooo upset! *insert sarcasm* :rolleyes: She totally wants it. Stop fighting yourself Mara!!

13. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I'm sure the next post will be here soon. I want to see how much Jade_Max will torture us.....will it be the actual wedding ceremony or will she only have the chat with the judge. Or will she end the chapter just as the obligatory kiss begins or........... sorry ;)

14. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    More more more more more more more more PLEASE!!!!!! [face_praying] [face_praying][face_praying][face_praying]

And pretty please actually write the ceremony!!! I HAVE to *see* them kiss!!!!

15. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers ? my family and I appreciate it [:D] [:D] [:D]

[b]RebelMom [/b] ? Ah, but she has yet to realize just how lucky she is? but she will ;)

[b]Jedi_Liz [/b] ? Luke could have thrown it back in Leia?s face, but he?s a nice guy, remember? As for the Justice ? that?s coming in a minute, it?s going to be fun :D And the kiss? ah, next chapter; after this one so you?ll just have to keep speculating on how that?s going to work *grin*

[b]Master_M_Sky [/b] ? Nope, she hasn?t a clue ? but that?s part of the fun. Luke?s going to ensure she does know though.

[i]And I think it's hilarious that Luke and Mara are attracted to each other. Might make for some very embarrassing situations. [/i]

Oh, more than one. [i]Definitely[/i] more than one :D

[b]Irish_Jedi_Jade [/b] ? Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it!

[b]Jade_eyes [/b] ? Leia?s got a few years of maturity on Luke I find *grin* And she wouldn?t be shy about pointing it out!

[i]Luke's thoughts are getting less .... platonic all the time[/i]

Can you blame him? Mara showed up looking like a million bucks ? I bet she just wanted to repay him for her own perusal earlier ;)

[b] RedGold [/b] - *laughs* things get fun from here :D

[b]KELIA [/b] ? I think Leia?s realized that Luke either knows what he?s doing or won?t be dissuaded. Plus she does owe Mara ? I just think she believes Mara should have another compensation other than Luke?s hand...

[b]IceFire27 [/b] ? I have trouble writing most of the OT cast so I couldn?t resist having Luke tell Leia Han couldn?t speak *laughs*

[b]dawn7191 [/b] ? I don?t think Mara?s going to have much choice in letting Luke kiss her in front of the Justice ? you?ll see why in a minute ;)

[b]dianethx [/b] ? Luke isn?t about to admit he?s in love yet though ? I don?t think he quite realizes it himself, though it will become apparent with time.

[b]smiley_rancor [/b] ? thank you!

[b]redtenko [/b] ? Karrde?s going to have a scene to himself in a bit. He?s going to be one of two names Mara puts down as ?Kin? ? so he can come visit *evil grin*

[b]ginchy [/b] ? I have such trouble with the OT cast so your comments made my day!

[b]Jedimaster_JainaSolo [/b] - *laughs* Luke and Mara will figure it out eventually. They are going to be stuck together for a fairly long time thought *laughs* so they might not have much of a choice.

[b]Mira_Jade [/b] ? Mara?s going to take some convincing I think to believe she [i]is[/i] getting a good deal ? but our farm boy will be up to the task!

[b] Jedi-2B [/b] ? Leia?s a big bad sister when she wants to be :D I like that line too!

[b]Emerald_Lady [/b] ? I never really figured out why Leia and Luke didn?t act more like siblings. The building blocks are there so I admit I?m drawing from my own experiences with my brothers to fill in the gaps. It?s fun!

[i]I like this look into Mara's reservations. They're very believable and in-character.[/i]

Mara?s a strong lady, but she does have her moments of weakness. In this case, it?s weakness and being blocked into a corner. She doesn?t like that so, I admit, I think a part of her is perversely enjoying tipping the scales despite her reservations.

[b]JEDIFLYSWATTER [/b] - *laughs* As long as they?re married, I think eventually they?ll realize what they?ve got ;)

[b]Jedi Trace [/b] ? Mara?s a stubborn one, but Luke will prove to be her match ? or he?ll just make himself so invaluable she won?t [i]want[/i] to get rid of him.

[b]Jaded_Rose [/b] ? Justice Maddux is about my favorite character in this so far. He?s fun ? and he?s going to cause a lot of tension between our couple *evil grin* The Han and Mara relationship is going to go an unexpected way I think, but that?s a side story ;)

[b]AvenKiel [/b] ? LOL! Yeah, she?s fighting really hard, ain?t she? *arches eyebrow*

[b]Jedi_Liz [/b] - LOL! Torture you? IT?s all in the details, darling. All in the details, and they are fairly important to this story before the wedding ceremony ;)

16. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Chapter 7

"Absolutely not." Justice Maddux planted his meaty palms on the desk top, glowering from under heavy eyebrows at the group before him. "It would be unethical to join the accused and the prosecutor?s star witness in any kind of legal ceremony at this juncture in the proceedings. Completely out of the question."

Luke's tone turned persuasive and Mara could feel him drawing on the Force to add weight to his words. "Your honor, we understand it looks a little suspicious, but you can't honestly expect me to testify against my fiancée. We were only waiting for her to return from her last deal with the Smuggler's Alliance before making our intentions official. Surely you've heard we're bonded."

"A rumor to that effect has been going around." The Justice stroked his salt and pepper beard with one hand. "What exactly is this bond?"

Mara, to Luke's surprise, pressured him silently to let her answer and he did. Mara had needed to be an accomplished actress in her role as Emperor's Hand, and that training suddenly came to the forefront as naturally as breathing. None of her misgivings showed, none of her nervousness. Her tone turned silky and sultry, almost as if she were speaking to a lover rather than a hostile judge.

"Justice Maddux, a Force Bond is unlike anything you could have possibly experienced. It's a literal sharing of two minds, hearts and souls," the smile she turned on the justice was charming and completely disarming - and appeared to be working. "The joining is so intense that the fragments Luke's found about other cases indicate it's perfectly natural for people who deliberately form these kinds of Bonds to be married. In fact, it's almost impossible to be in a relationship with anyone else."

"Harrumph." Justice Maddux settled back in his chair, contemplating the young couple, and Luke mentally crossed his fingers, sending a feeling of thanks towards Mara.

She didn't acknowledge it - and he hadn't expected her too - but she did shift in her chair a little. He barely managed not to jump when her fingers splayed possessively across his knee. She didn't look at him even as they stroked firmly and completely unbidden images of what else she could do with those strong capable hands popped into his mind. Thoughts he had no business thinking despite the fact they were technically getting married. He shifted in his chair uncomfortably; well aware that Mara knew that he knew she was doing it deliberately to unnerve him.

Temptress.

Mara continued, as if nothing were out of the ordinary. "Are you married, Justice Maddux?

"For thirty years, young lady." The Justice looked from one to the other. "I trust this union will last as long."

"Oh, Force Bonds are quite irreversible. Luke's stuck with me for life."

The Justice laughed, thoroughly delighted with her observations and response and seeming unaware of the fact she was speaking of her own view on their upcoming nuptials and her fears regarding the Force Bond. If Luke hadn't been bonded to her, he never would have guessed at the storm boiling beneath her open and seemingly honest exterior. His admiration for her grew even as it put him on his guard; she could manipulate with the best. He had better watch his step with her or he'd find himself manipulated despite himself. She squeezed his knee once more, a sense of caution accompanying it.

The Justice turned to Han and Leia, a smile on his face. "Senator Leia Organa-Solo, I understand Luke Skywalker is your brother."

Leia smiled, suddenly the diplomat as she rose to return the Justice's firm hand shake with her own. "The pleasure is mine, Justice Maddux. You come very highly recommended in all departments."

He waved away the compliment. "I just do my job, Senator. And this is your husband?"

"Han Solo." Han made no move to offer his hand. "I'm just here so they don't kill each other."

Leia kicked him with her heel.

The Justice looked from Luke to Mara and then back to Han. "Kill each other, you say? Am I to understand they've not a

17. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I'll edit this post in the morning with a better reply. Just getting my reply in before bed. [face_tired]

edit: I was actually first to reply, but waited to give my longer reply this morning. Mara is definitely right on with characterization. Being cooped up with Luke for up to eight weeks......will it be hurricane Mara? ;) Or will she learn to be calm? ;) Luke learning to cook from Threepio? [face_laugh]

Well, I think the ceremony is next. Hmm, did they forget anything important like rings? :p

Great Post as usual Jade_Max.

18. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    FIRST!!

EDIT: OOh Liz...that was ART!!!! Nice way to write something we'll all love, but forestall the actuall "you may kiss the bride." Still, I loved ALL of it, especially the part in the Judge's office...ROFL!!!

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

19. redtenko

redtenko Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    She didn't understand, and neither did he, why this felt so right. Luke had accepted it and embraced it; Mara was fighting it, believing that nothing came free and he could almost hear her asking herself what this feeling would cost her.

So very Mara.

Horray for update! This was a delightful suprise in my pm box. I'm loving thier particular spin on sexual tension, especially Luke's adorable persistance. You're writing them both fantastically, especially Luke. He's handling her temper perfectly-- with patience and polieteness but still holding his own against her.

Mara was great too. It's nice to see her get credit for her acting skills, but boy does she know how to work a room when she feels like it!

20. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This was great. I could just see Mara doing that and Luke being his typical understanding self while still enjoying the feeling of rightness.

It was no surprise to Luke when Mara's relief was followed quickly by confusion and irritation. She didn't understand, and neither did he, why this felt so right. Luke had accepted it and embraced it; Mara was fighting it, believing that nothing came free and he could almost hear her asking herself what this feeling would cost her.

Yep, that's Mara all right!

Great job. Looking forward to more.

21. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    what is mara's secret? oh, I love deep secrets in this stories... :p

and those two... LOL... at least Luke isn't going to stop being himself around her ;)

22. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh, my. Those 6-8 weeks will be fun, if only for us readers. :D

Great update! Your L/M are cracking me up--they're wonderful!

23. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    If Mara is unwilling, I'm right here! :D

Sorry it took me so long to get here. I'm slow, what can I say. :p

They spoke for a few minutes more before she finally got up to go, confirming the time and place of the wedding before taking her leave. Luke saw her out, standing by the door as she turned to go.

"And Leia?"

"Yes?"

He smiled faintly. "Tell Han when the justice asks if anyone has any reason why Mara and I shouldn't be married he's not allowed to speak up."

Loved it! And please keep me on the PM list! [face_praying]

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Terrific update. =D= Your Mara is totally in character and Luke is his adorable self. He's closer to falling over the edge into a "real" marriage than Mara is... or maybe she's readier than she wants to admit??? [face_laugh] :) That's where all that "How dare you rope me into this???" came from, I'll bet. [face_laugh] ;)

25. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Two to eight weeks alone with Luke?

=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

Perhaps Mara is afraid she'll enjoy the time a little too much?

Loved the banter in the Justice's office.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.