main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hand of Thrawns Mission

Discussion in 'Literature' started by -RebelScum-, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    they said it was to help everyone in the Unknown region with some threat that was like nothing they had ever seen... do you suppose it was the Vong... they might of gone through the Unknown regions (im only to SbS so if its already in a book tell me)

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    What are you talking about?

3. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Umm, VotF says that the Chiss (not HoT) has been fighting threats that put the Ssi-Ruuk to shame. HoT's mission is to be an out of the way backup for Thrawn, stash some nice personnel (Parck, Fel), hold tons of information, and to serve as a main fortress for Thrawn II.

4. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Oh, write it out a bit clearer next time.
    There has been some debate over whether it was the vong or not, and I think that they were talking about some of the people in Survivor's Quest, I can't remember their names, and other threats like that.

5. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    The ones in SQ were the Vagaari.

I highly doubt the Vongs were the threat Stent, Parck, and Fel were talking about. Though considering Thrawn's reputation, who knows? Maybe he saw something no one else did. I don't know.

And I think the Hand of Thrawn was one of the fortresses of the Empire of the Hand, not the Chiss. I don't think the Chiss Ascendancy, or whatever they call themselves, were a part of the Empire of the Hand as of SQ.

You can be certain that those Chiss who joined the Empire of the Hand were well prepared when they went against the Yuuzhan Vongs. That may be speculation on my part, but it's not unreasonable.

As of the end of the NJO, the Chiss may have joined the GA, but there was nothing mentioned about the Empire of the Hand. Chances are they're only known about, but no official ties have been made yet.

Who knows, maybe in Denning's trilogy next year...

6. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Or they indirectly allied with the GFFA through the Imperial Remnant.

I don't think the HoT is the HQ for the EotH. More like a sort of hidden redoubt, like Dathomir was for Zsinj.

7. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Think Wayland, more like it. :D Exactly what "the forces of the Empire" in the UR amount to isn't clear, but they are there... kinda...

?[face_plain] ;) [face_mischief] [face_laugh] :D

- The Impeiral Ewok

8. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    I'm still puzzled by this guy Aabe (sp?) in FH2. maybe he was sent by the IR and had a hand in splitting up the EotH?

9. recurit03

recurit03 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2003
    I would say that it is more of a "Boy who cried wolf" sitution, with the Chiss claiming that they have faced some as unknown threat that no one else could handle

10. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    I thought Aabe was either someone sent by the EotH for disinformation or to ferret out hardline Chiss traditionalists, or a Peace Brigadier. The latter seems more likely.

It seems almost certain that Pellaeon's Remnant absorbed the EotH, but I don't see why it wasn't the other way around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.