main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Handball Tournament 07

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Sai-Mera_Saa, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hollyinlowercase

hollyinlowercase Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2006
  2. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    Sometime in the not so distant future. I imagine in this lifetime, maybe this year even. But I've been wrong before.

3. hollyinlowercase

Oct 13, 2006
  4. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    I told him! What more do you want me to do? :p

5. hollyinlowercase

Oct 13, 2006
    Make him! Force him!
    Or just tell him to hurry up and get online and organise it!!!! [face_whistling]

6. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    Uh...so, about that handball....

7. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Yeah, Judd's a lazy boy.

8. Telpefac

Telpefac Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 5, 2002
    I see this subsequent painting mishap covered your quote of my brilliance!

9. mle

mle Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2003
    Lets Play! I have a tennis ball! C'mon guys!!

10. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    I have a tennis ball as well....and a brick! :D

Now all we need is a meet, and it seems that here is not the place to get it! ;)

11. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Yes, you can get those at a shopping cen... wait, you did say meat right?

OOOOOOoooh ... meeeeeeeeeeeet! Right. I get it. Well ... Sydney would be a good place to host it. How about .... ummm ... here *points to a spot on the UBD* That should do it.

12. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Let's hold it on the Harbour Bridge. :D

13. mle

mle Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2003
    how bout hyde park?

And why didnt we think of the harbour bridge idea when it was actually OPEN? bloody hell...

Perhaps we can illegally set up roadblocks somewhere and make a political stament whilst handballing. I dont really mind what the political statement is. Pehrpas something agreeable like "down with global warming." We'e less likely to get arrested if thats our slogan as aposed to "up with communism" or something.

I wasnt kidding about hype park tho. Is sat or sun bettwe for everyone?

14. JediMasterKieca

JediMasterKieca Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Oh I don't know. Up with Communism sounds good to me!

15. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    There's plenty of time during the easter break, including friday and monday, but since that's only a week away, planning that for then would be touch and go.

I'd suggest a week or two after that, on a saturday afternoon, when there aren't as many kids around that can muck things up. We'd need a fairly open park area, unfortunately I don't know my way around Sydney well enough to suggest any particular places, so that's up to you guys.

Anyone who can't make the handball game on the day could meet up later that evening for dinner, perhaps movies, depending on time.

16. hollyinlowercase

Oct 13, 2006
    i think movies or dinner and whatever else is good for peeps that can't make it! sounds like a good idea kart!
    i suggest we make a poll.. is that the word? poll poll poll poll poll... sounds funny...
    poll

17. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    I'm up for whatever...but just not in the next week. :) And polls...well, people round here don't really like them. Unless, of course, they serve a purpose and don't clog up the threads and stuff. Yeah, stuff is good...

18. hollyinlowercase

Oct 13, 2006
    omg i love easter!! lots of chocolate!!!!!! :D

19. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Can I make the suggestion that we do this some place that isn't a popular park where we'd take up the walk-way and piss off pedestrians and other park patrons? It's probably not going to be a popular idea, but I'm throwing it out there anyway.

20. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Sai and I couldn't do Saturdays, either. Sundays would be preferable, but of course the majority is the way to go.

I don't really mind where it is, but the handball combo with food afterwards sounds great.

21. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Well then, why not suggest a park too? Makes the conversation go a little quicker ;)

22. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    There was a couple of basketball courts near my work that would have done the trick, but the whole area's being re-tarred.

So a basketball court? Or an open hard surface?

23. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    They act as one and the same really, and most hard surfaces these days are basketball courts in the first place ... unless you count footpaths, but that might cause problems with passers by :p Or tennis courts .... evil, evil tennis courts.

*cough* But aside from that, basketball courts would be worth looking at, mainly because the various lines of the court could be taken advantage of. Otherwise, we could just mark it out with tape ... evil, evil tape.

*cough* But aside from that ... wait a minute, where was I? Oh yeah, Clinton. Great President, and I'm sure he'd approve a basketball court to play handball on. Or we could use the old method of two on two, using a wall instead of lined areas, if we get stuck for basketball courts.

Too much? :p

24. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Basketball courts are ideal for multiple box games. Otherwise it's usually on a wide footpath... and we know what footpaths are used for *cough*peoplewalkthroughthemiddleofus*cough*

Maybe I should just tell Sai to get his body into this thread and he'll have an idea since he started this thread (note: I didn't say the handball obsession).

But yeah, I agree with Clinton.

25. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    We need exact locations, folks, if we want to organise this any time soon. So if anyone knows any public courts, or quiet walkways where we won't get arrested for illegal handball tournaments, say so! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.