main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC HANDICAP STALL

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Malthael

Malthael Jedi Master star 1

Sep 27, 2012
    I often use the larger stall at the end as long as it doesn't have the handicap sign on it. You'd be surprised how often that happens.

2. LifeInTechnicolor

LifeInTechnicolor Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I never really thought of them as handicap stalls. I've always viewed them as a family stall where a mom can keep her kids and stroller contained.I only use them as a dressing room where I work because it is horrible changing in a little stall.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I've never used one.:(

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    TBH, a lot of times the handicap stall will be the cleanest one in there (some people seem to think that just because certain places have toilets that automatically flush means that they don't have to check to make sure the toilet flushed), so in that case, I will use the handicap stall over a regular one.

5. Erwin

Erwin Jedi Master star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    Screw privacy

[​IMG]

6. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I never saw the big deal about using handicapped stalls until I was in a wheelchair for several months. Having to wait patiently while some perfectly healthy douche checks email and takes a fifteen minute dump blows.

PRENNTACULAR and Darth Guy like this.
  7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    If there is one complaint I have it's the urinals without walls in between. That is a troubling trend and I want it stopped.

8. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Haha, you would hate me, I am in the process of watching an episode of the xmen animated series on Netflix per sit-down visit to the toilet. Luckily, I only do this in my own home.

I never use disabled toilets when I'm out. We have one at work which, if I really have to go (I am weird and don't really like doing it at non-home), I will use. This is more based on my friend, knowing I was in the stall, laughing and turning the light off as he left the toilet. My iPhone has never been more useful. Ever.

In an old job we had one of those big spaces you guys talked about already. I found it tricky to use, I just felt awkward with my pants down in this big wide open space.

9. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    How is that different from not being in a wheelchair and having to wait for that same douche(when everything is full)? At least you got to sit down while you waited.

10. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Since there are far more normal than handicap-accessible stalls, a disabled person will wait considerably longer to use the restroom than their able-bodied counterparts would. In spite of their place in line, they are unable to exploit any openings in the other stalls, whereas the reverse situation is not true.

11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    What, a blithe and seething indifference is inadequate? SINCE WHEN?

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    If it takes 15 minutes for the person to take a dump, they're probably not healthy. :p

Eat plenty of fiber, kids.

13. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    odds are it's only 5 minutes for the dump and ten minutes for the email. i'll be honest i made this thread while in a handicapped stall and it took a solid 15 minutes until i was out of there.

granted if i had seen wheelchair tires underneath the door waiting on me i would have hurried up.

Also, JEDI MATT, you can't call them disabled toilets because most of them work really good.

Jedi_Matt and Ender Sai like this.
  14. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I only use the handicapped stalls at work. I need the room to hold myself down from the explosion coming out of my bunghole.

15. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Not that we want to go down this route at all, but isn't it in fact easier to brace yourself in a smaller space than a larger one?

16. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    They all have some kind of arm rail to grab on to.

Also, every bathroom needs to ditch those wussy hand dryers and get the Xlerator or the Dyson Airblade.

17. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Says the guy clearly unaccustomed to the first class luxury of the handicapped toilet.

Handrails, Wocky. They have handrails to help people out of wheelchairs.

I discovered at work we have secret toilets, just a random mini-handicapped one in the same place, down a corridor, on each level. No signs, just a self-appointed room in which you can get a few minutes solace.

Inevitably, if you don't, you'll hear the fat guy two stalls down wrestling to make peace between the warring factions of a high-fat diet, and the bowel movement. Such conflict produces inevitable collateral damage and who wants that when you can have the space that previously only royalty enjoyed?

Jedi_Matt likes this.
  18. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Handrails, Wocks, handrails.