main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Handmadien EU, is there any?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ParanoidAni-droid, Apr 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

Pretty self explanatory.

Where in the EU do Nubian handmadiens appear?

~PAd

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Nubians are from Nubia, not Naboo.

3. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

So then Amidala's starship isn't homemade? :confused:

~PAd

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Yeah, the ship itself was made on Nubia, but the chromium finish was added on when it became a part of the Naboo fleet.

To get back on topic, I don't believe there is much, if any, EU on the subject of the handmaidens.

5. dark_jedi666

dark_jedi666 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    As of now there really isnt any Handmaiden EU. And other than some possible cameo's in novels, i doubt we will see any either.

6. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

other than some possible cameo's

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Anything and everything. TPM tie-ins and all.

~PAd

7. snarf5181

snarf5181 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    PAD must care about handmaidens. I don't recall them mentioned in any EU novels (besides maybe tPM and AotC novelizations). I haven't read any of the other stuff, like Amidala's journal, so they may show up in the childrens stuff like that.

8. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    Would Winter be considered Leia's handmaiden?

9. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001

No, she's not. She was Leia's friend, but she didn't work as a hand maiden.

There's a Jedi Reader book that has an interesting story about how Padme came to integrate herself into the handmaidens, but I can't remember the title. There's an RPG with quite a lot of information about a handmaiden, but you'd have to check TimeTales for more info. Sorry I can't be more spicific. :p

And the term "Nubian" can be used to describe natives of Naboo as well as Nubian (check out TPM's novel.)

TC

10. KamSolusar

KamSolusar Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    There's a Jedi Reader book that has an interesting story about how Padme came to integrate herself into the handmaidens, but I can't remember the title.

It's Queen in Disguise

11. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Beat me to it.

I've read a synopsis of this story (in SW Fact File) and it seemed pretty interesting. You might want to get the Ep1 Visual Dictionary (it's 4 years old now, however) because that has some very good Naboo background, especially in regards to the RSF and the handmaidens.

12. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

Thanks guys, is that everything? I think there's some mention in the Queen Amidala adventure journal.

~PAd

13. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Handmaiden Sabé is mentioned several times in the Star Wars Queen Amidala Journal by Jude Watson, but the book focuses mainly on Amidala's view of the events of the movie and the reader sees very little of Sabé's personality or background. Sabé also appears in The Queen's Amulet, a (very) short hardcover book by Julianne Balmain that was marketed with a necklace and "hideaway" box as a gift set. It's a brief story about Amidala realizing she's lost a treasured necklace; she and Sabé go in search of it on the morning of the Trade Federation invasion.

I realize this doesn't really count as EU, but if you don't mind reading fanfiction, there are a number of fan authors doing Handmaiden tales, some right here at the TFN Fan Fiction boards. Many of the stories are quite good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.