main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Handmaidens: Eirtaé's story ~*~*~*~*~Finished Sept. 26

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obischick, Mar 12, 2002.

1. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
  2. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    Replies, but no post today kiddos! :( Sadness, I know... :p

Lol Saché! Yes, very undignifed indeed! :p Ohhhhhh boy...I have a bunch of ballroom fanatics on my hands.. [face_shocked] ;)

LMAO Denny!! That's hilarious!! [face_laugh] Yes, Saabac! :D

Hey lija! It made me hungry too...food...must...have...fattening...food!! Yeah, I figure Padmé would want to do something nice for them, but seeing as they're supposed to be invisible, she can't really go around telling everyone how great they are... :(

Yay menilma!! :D I was wondering where you had got off to!! :) Thank you so much! [face_blush]

I'm glad you liked the rings idea bobill! A rather random and good idea on my part, and part of random and good collaborations with my sister! :)

Lol Aly! I like that line too! :p Oh, Panaka... As for Saché and what's going on with her...well, that's a surprise. ;) Call it an inducement to read the next installment of my Handmaiden Series, Saché's Story. :D

Thanks Eirtaé! Lol...yeah, I don't think that Panaka would be one to go off duty easily... :p

As for Saché... [face_devil] MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oye! [face_shocked] Another ball fanatic... :p

Thanks for the up bobill!! :)

More soon, I promise!

~Obischick :cool:

3. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Okay, you lucky people...for some reason, I feel like posting. So that's what I'm going to do. :p

Enjoy the Parade!! :D :D :D

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We walked down the near-empty hallways of the palace, the few servants and people who were inside bowed to us gracefully. Obi-Wan, Anakin, Artoo, Governor Bibble, Chancellor Palpatine, the Jedi Council, Panaka, the members of the Advisory Council and the nobles all waited for us in the little alcove before the steps outside. I saw my parents among them, my mother resplendent in a white gown that faded to a brilliant gold, and my father in his green and gold robes of office. I smiled at them, but did not wave.

?Your highness,? Panaka said with a stiff bow, ?we are ready to begin.?

Amidala nodded. ?Excellent. Chancellor, Governor?? She said. They nodded and stood next to her. Finally, we walked out into the vivid sunshine of a Naboo afternoon. The noise, which had been a distant rumble, now went full force, screaming and cheering for the Queen. I stood behind Governor Bibble and Chancellor Palpatine, with Rabé on my right and Yané on my left. Amidala waved to the crowd, and in the distance, I could hear the loud, happy music of the Gungans.

A soft breeze cut across our faces, cooling me off on the warm day. In Governor Bibble?s hands, he held the Globe of Peace, a gift from some outlying settlers to the First Queen of Naboo on the first anniversary of the Great Time of Peace. Giving it to the Gungans, that left me slightly astounded. The sound of the Gungan army grew, and I found myself enjoying the upbeat music of the Gungans.

Okay Bukuro, my better half spoke up wryly, admit it, though they may be stupid, and have armies, they did help, and they aren?t as bad as you think.

At first I resisted that idea, but as I stared at Amidala?s back, I realized something. Padmé hadn?t wanted this war anymore than I had. The difference between her and I was how we reacted to the situation. Padmé was much more open to putting aside what she believed to reach her goals. She was more open to change, where I was very resistant.

It?s her ability to put aside her own priorities for those of her people that separate us. I thought as the Gungans grew closer and I wanted to tap my foot with the music. I remembered my earlier thoughts at Master Jinn?s funeral, to stop thinking so much and start feeling more.

What did I feel?

Happy?content?regretful. I felt like smiling, so I did. I noticed Yané out of the corner of my eye, her dark eyes lit up underneath her green hood, a large smile plastered on her face. Yané looked so happy, so content; the younger girl looked so at ease. Just looking at how she held herself now as compared to before the Invasion, there was so much more confidence. She had really changed. I looked to the other side, catching Rabé?s eye and smiling at her.

At first she looked a bit surprised at my happy mood, but then she smiled back. In that moment, when the two of us were smiling at each other, anything seemed possible.

Nass approached the Palace, and he, Binks and Tarpals dismounted their creatures and came up the steps, Nass leading the way up the steps where Amidala and Bibble stepped forward. Amidala took a step more than Bibble and turned to Nass as Bibble handed her the Globe of Peace. Nass stepped up to Amidala as Binks and Tarpals took places over by Chancellor Palpatine and Panaka.

Amidala handed the Globe of Peace to Nass and he hefted it in the air above his head, thundering one word.

?PEACE!?

The crowd went berserk.

I grinned happily to myself at Nass?s word, for there was none other that described what I felt at that moment so well. I had peace on my world, peace with everyone I knew, and most importantly, peace within myself. For once, there were no conflicting emotions within myself, no conflicting thoughts, just?peace. I was content.

I smiled even more as I watched the crowd break through the barriers of Guards to join the Gungans

4. menilma

menilma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    [face_laugh] Eirtaé still is no fan of the Gungans, but at least she's trying now :) And the ball, their first after the war, adn they're of duty! Can it get any better? ;)
    And my absence was noticed :eek: Dear.. :)

5. Alybrylla

Alybrylla Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Someone pushed Yané? Jerk. :mad:

I am glad though that Eirtaé is getting over her prejudice against the Gungans...

6. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    so what's the revenge on the jerk who pushed yane?
    anyway, great post! looking foward to the ball

7. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehee. :D :D :D :D :D

(Oh, btw it's nice to finally see Eirtaé stop and think about her prejudice. ;))

8. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
  9. Denny

Denny Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 29, 2001
    "They helped you take back Naboo, you owe them civility. They helped you take back Naboo, you owe them civility. They helped you take back Naboo, you owe them civility. They helped you?"

ROTFLMAO :D LOVE Táe. She´s nuts! LOL

Great post Em!

UP YOU GO!

Denny

10. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Eirtaé and the Gungans ;) That´s always funny. At least she tries to accept them and that´s a step in the right direction ;)

They are off duty and can go to the ball?

Well I think they all deserves it well ;)

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

Angel

11. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Of course your absense was missed menilma!! I miss everyone who doesn't post... :( *coughIHATELURKERScough* ;)

Yes, at least she's making an effort to try and be civil to the Gungans...don't know how well it's going to work though.. :p Oh, things get a lot better... ;)

Yes, he is a jerk Aly!! I agree totally!! Slimy boot-licking noble... **gets angry** :mad: Who made him up? Ohhh...oops. [face_blush]

No revenge bobilll. ;) Just having the Queen ignore him is vengence enough. :p

Are you excited about something Saché? I had nooo idea... :D ;)

hehe...I liked that too Denny. :D

Hey Angel!! :) Yeah, she's trying...maybe not succedding at first, but she's trying, and that's good.

I think they deserve it too!! After all, whats more fun than a ball with nice guys? ;)

Thanks for the up bobilll!! :)

Postie tomorrow!! :)

12. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Okay, so I talked myself into updating :p ;) ...enjoy!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We ran back up to our rooms in a very undignified and unhandmaidenly way. Gasping for breath because we ran and laughed excitedly at the same time, we entered the main sitting room at a stumbling pace. Sabé disappeared into her room as Rabé and Yané scampered into theirs and Saché and I went to our own room.

We quickly showered and leafed through out closets in search of our favorite gowns, and, after the scary woman Padmé had gotten to do our hair had left in a rage, we hurried over to Rabé and Yané?s room to have Rabé do our hair. I handed her an emerald on a golden chain and asked her to use that in my hair. She did, and she did a marvelous job.

She gently curled all of my long blond hair and then took hair from my temples and from above my slight widow?s peak and braided them, pulling them all back to the back of my head and clasping it with a small golden ring, letting the rest of my hair flow over my shoulders. The emerald lay on my forehead, the golden chain pulled back into my hair someplace. After spraying it thoroughly with hair spray and both of us nearly dying because of the fumes, I got up and carefully hugged her, which I must say, shocked her.

That sort of pleased me, knowing that she could be caught off guard. I hurried back to me and Saché?s room and Saché left to get her hair done as I pulled out my dress. After taking my time to get dressed, I put on my minimal jewelry and turned a critical eye on my image in the full length mirror.

My hair looked perfect of course, and my full, sleeveless and strapless dark green silk dress puddle on the floor. The stiff, pale gold corset that went over the upper part of my body made me look curvier than I actually was and it perfectly matched the color of my hair. I worn nothing at my neck, but I had the ring Padmé had given me on my right middle finger and a thick white-gold bracelet on my left wrist. I used very light make-up?gold eye shadow and light mascara, soft rose lipstick and a layer of gloss over it. With my softly curled hair spilling over my bare shoulders, I dare say I looked quite grown up and lovely.

Immensely pleased with myself and my appearance, I went out into the main room, where Yané and Sabé sat, both looking absolutely gorgeous in a dusty rose and two shades of blue, respectively.

?You guys look beautiful!? I said as they turned to regard me. Sabé raised an eyebrow.

?You look grown-up.? She said mildly. I blushed and Yané giggled.

?Well,? I said, gracefully sitting down on a straight-backed chair, ?you look very nice too.? I finished primly. I fixated her with a regal stare, but we both broke into giggles as Saché emerged from Rabé?s room, her hair put up elegantly. She took one look at us, then poked her head back into Rabé?s room. When she turned back to us, she spoke up.

?Rabé wants us to go ahead without her. She says she?ll meet us downstairs.? Yané took a deep breath, as if she was steeling herself against an enemy and stood as Sabé grinned and shot to her feet, almost falling to the ground as she took her first step, I stifled giggles at that as Yané did the same. I was a bit more graceful about the whole thing, gathering up my skirts before standing and joining the lavender-and-silver clad Saché. We exchanged smirks and went out the door, the younger girls in tow.

The hallways on the way to the Great Ballroom were scattered with servants, guards, and elegantly dressed people, though I dare say none of them look quite as good as we did. I could hear the enormous sound of the music and people?s voices through the marble walls of the Palace, and grinned excitedly. Behind me and Saché, Yané and Sabé giggled eagerly. We rounded the corner and stepped through the intricately carved wooden doors that lead into the Grand Ballroom.

What I saw as I walked through those doors I was met with a sight that nearly stunned me into non-movement. Now, I had been in the ballroom before, but

13. Alybrylla

Alybrylla Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Each and every one of us managing not to trip over our skirts and fall, which was impressive, I had my worries about Yané for a minute or two there.

[face_laugh]

That was lovely post :D
    I'm glad that Eirtaé's father admitted he was wrong :)

All the dresses sound beautiful, too!

Does anything happen with Dev? Eh?
    Can't wait for the next post! :D

14. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    "That sort of pleased me, knowing that she could be caught off guard."

...leaving Yané and her boyfriends alone."

Argh. There were more favorite quotes but I couldn't remember what they were! :p

Argh!!! How annoying is Eirtaé's mother?! She needs a good thwack. ;)

And finally! He finally admitted he was wrong about our beloved queen.. I'm soooo happy!!!!!!!!!!

What's next, what's next? **sits forward eagerly**

15. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    wow! this is great! sache and her cousin's little reunion was so heartwarming! makes me curious about what you will write about her story! and eirtae's mother, what can i say exeph grrrrrrrrrr! cant that woman just not be snotty for once!!!!!!!
    anyway, great post! loved the crack about the hairwoman and yane's skirts!

16. Denny

Aug 29, 2001
    that was a sweet post Chica! Your description of the ballroom was great and you made the girls look wonderful too!

can´t wait for the next post.

Denny

17. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
  18. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Hehe...that was a great line, wasn't it Aly?? :p Anyways, I'm glad you liked Firon admitting he was wrong...that doesn't happen too much, that he's wrong. As for the dresses, I want them all... :p

And stuff happens with Dev, just not the kind of stuff you're hoping for, I don't think. ;) [face_devil] MWAHahahaha!! Okay, I'm over myself. :p Next post on Thursday I think...

Lol Saché!! More favorite quotes?? Ohh! I had a good post this time! :p Oh, she definatly needs a good thwack! I agree totally... poor Eirtaé... :(

Saché's story is the next one bobilll, I've outlined it and written a bit, but it won't be on the boards for a while, I can guarentee that. Yeesh!

And no, Eirtaé's mom can't be non-snotty...it's not in her nature ;) Glad you liked it though! :)

Thanks Denny!! :D :D I'm glad you liked it! More soon, I promise! :D

Thanks for the up bobilll!!!

Now, I'm off to finish the story...yeesh, this is taking some time! :p

~Obischick

19. menilma

menilma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    Ooooohh Obischick! You make me so envious of all the handmaidens, I want to go to a ball too! And mostly, I want my hair done by Rabé :D For now Eirtaé is dancing with her father (and I must say it was very sweet of him to realize his mistakes) but will she find some males of... younger age perhaps? ;) Hope so!

20. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Lol menilma!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

First off, YES! Younger males coming up soon! :p ;) :D

Second off, I want my hair done by Rabé as well! :D

And Third, if you find a ball to go to, let me know! ;) :D

21. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Just caught up with your story! Wonderful!

I loved the descriptions about the ball! If I could ever become half as good a writer as you are, I would be honored!

22. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Yané!! [face_blush] [face_blush] Thank you so much!! Your compliments are so sweet!! [face_blush] :)

Okay folks, The Ball, part II of III is now here! Eeck your heart out! :p

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Father and I danced till then end of the song, talking and laughing, me forcing him to admit lots of things about Amidala and how wonderful she is. When the song ended, mother came and dragged father over to talk to some people, leaving me alone on the floor.

For about a half second that is.

?Eirtaé!? I heard Firenzé calling me. I turned to see her, Chellé and Danzé all hurrying over to me, miraculously, smiling. I waved to them and we gathered together in a little huddle, giggling.

?You?re dress is gorgeous Taé!? Danzé moaned jealously, looking down at the pale yellow and white chiffon dress that she was wearing.

?You look gorgeous too.? I pointed out. Danzé offered a half-smile.

?I suppose.? She said. I turned to look at Chellé and Firenzé. Chellé had a nice silver and pale blue theme going on, and Firenzé was sheathed in a deep blood red color, that set off her upswept coal black curls.

?You two look lovely as well.? I told them. Firenzé smiled softly and Chellé grinned. She then started chattering with Danzé about some boy or something and I mentally sighed. Danzé and Chellé didn?t seem much changed because of the Invasion, but Firenzé had a total personality transformation. My eye caught Rabé descending the staircase to the Ballroom and she smiled and waved to me. Giving her a wave back, I mentally pleaded with her to come over and save me.

Obviously, my mental capabilities are not that strong, and I had no such rescue from Rabé.

However, I did get rescued by the most unlikely of people.

?Danzé, Chellé,? Firenzé spoke quietly, pointing to the backs of some boys, ?isn?t that???

?It?s Joran!? Chellé gasped, blushing, and smoothing her skirts.

?And Wyl!? Danzé exclaimed, adjusting the top of her dress and fixing her hair.

?See you guys later!? Chellé said as they took off toward the pack of boys. Firenzé and I watched them go. It was quiet between us for a second.

?They were really getting on my nerves.? Firenzé finally said in a flat voice. I cast her an appraising glance, and she blushed. ?They just went back to their petty mentality after the Memorial service,? she said hesitantly, ?as if nothing happened. I couldn?t do that, and I don?t understand how they could.? I struggled with diplomatic words for a second.

?Chellé and Danzé?are??

?Stupid?? Firenzé said with a small smile. I grinned.

?That?s one way of looking at it.?

?Eirtaé!? Rissé came through the crowd, her pale golden red hair plaited and braided intricately, and green and silvery blue dress clung to her and she turned and motioned to people I couldn?t see as I waved to her. Firenzé and I smiled as she, Alexé and Dev came over to us. Alexé looked stunning, her dark blond hair back in a simple thick braid and a silver headpiece across her forehead, her straightforward silk dress spectra-dyed from silver shoulders to a warm blue skirt.

Dev looked handsome, of course, in light blues and greens that set off his hazel eyes. I hugged them all, and Firenzé said hello shyly, as if meeting them for the first time, which, in essence, was what she was doing. Meeting them as a brand new person.

?Have you seen outside Taé?? Rissé asked excitedly. I shook my head to indicate that I had not; noticing Dev couldn?t quite keep his eyes to himself. ?It?s so beautiful! They put up little lights everywhere, it?s so enchanting!? She sighed romantically and Alexé rolled her eyes, indicating what she thought of over-the-top romances. Firenzé noticed and giggled, and Dev, his eyes still on me, was jolted out of the gaze by her laughter. He grinned foolishly, then held out a hand to me.

?Can I have this dance, Eirtaé?? He asked in, what I like to call his ?Man Voice,? deeper and far more polite than he normally was. I smiled.

?Of cour

23. Denny

Aug 29, 2001
    *GASP* Dek! :eek: You just HAD to step there, hadn´t you? [face_blush]

Great post Obichiquita! Glad to see everyone getting back together and Eirtáe´s and Dev´s dance was well... you know :D

Can´t wait for Ball part III! ;)

Denny

24. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    DEK! WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN! and he's in clothes of mourning, too! can't wait till next post!

25. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    *sprints in, out of breath* Whoah, I should not be online right now ... *glances at the mountain of hw piled on her desk and gulps* ... But anways, I'm here because I'm totally IN LOVE with your story Chicks! Yeah, give me an E, give me an I give me an R, give me a T, give me an A, give ... me ... an A!!!!! Yeah!!! *crowd cheers wildly* ... not. 8-} Unfortunately, I am again stealing time and have not been able to read the posts (nice and long and juicy and I see I love you in there though [face_love] :D ). Of course[/i[ I'd drop in before it ended, how could I not? I really appreciate you offering to e-mail it though. [face_thanxies] Looking foraward to next post!

~Tahiri