main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Handoff" Discussion

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mazzic, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    The one from TftNR is the one where, with the help of H'Sishi, Mara steals her ship, the name of which momentarily escapes me!

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Is Gamer 10 out? What's Handoff about?

3. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    I'm just saying that Zahn didn't "fix" anything - suggesting that this might make Zahn-Haters mad, since they won't have a reason to get upset. ;) Just giving ya a hard time...

Anyway, any speculation as to who Markko is? What possible rebel agents might we have had during this time? I'm thinking something along the lines of Stackpole character...or I might be completely off.

I'm still wondering what is was that Karrde found in her room...or did he?

And when do you think this story takes place? Before, or after "A Night on the Town"?

-Mazz

4. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    :"I'm just saying that Zahn didn't "fix" anything - suggesting that this might make Zahn-Haters mad, since they won't have a reason to get upset. Just giving ya a hard time...

Nope. In fact I'm very happy.

5. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    Like I said, just giving you a hard time. :D

I really liked the way Zahn tied up loose threads in "Handoff"...and made some new ones.

One of my favorite parts of the story was the great insight to Mara's character - deciding whether or not to save Ghent. And the fact that he TRUSTED her, if that was all that mattered. Great insight as to why she's so loyal, for one thing.

And I disagree about Zahn being the only writer to get Mara right. I think Kathy Tyers REALLY nailed her personality in "Balance Point." Still one of my favorite books.

Of course, I would have liked to have seen Ysanne make an appearance, but as long as we know that the former Director of Imperial Intelligence is the driving force keeping Mara moving, I'm happy.

-Mazz

6. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    No, I mean, I thought there was a slicer named Ghent in the Jedi Apprentice books. Ran into Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon on some planet and helped them or something.

But I could be wrong. Or it's a big screw-up.

Dantana

7. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    It was a pretty good story. Hopefully this bodes well for Zahn's upcoming novels.

8. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Maybe there is more than one Ghent.

9. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Its the same Ghent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.