Hands up if you love ADELE.

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Everton, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    *both hands up*

She's a beautiful woman, and I can't stop listening to her albums. I was genuinely relieved to hear her sing well at the Grammy's last night.

[image=http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/28100000/Adele-adele-28104264-500-410.jpg]

[face_love]
  2. Teegirloo Force Ghost

star 6
    She is awesome love her music.
  3. AcklayComeHome Force Ghost

star 7
    How can you type with both hands up??
  4. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    HANDS UP BABY HANDS UP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTeQ6gSveRI [face_dancing]
  5. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    [image=http://www.eksperymentuj.pl/images/stories/obrazy/simp.jpg]
  6. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    I hate her because her name is pronounced like there's two L's when there's only one.
  7. TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost

star 5
    My kids tell me I look like Adele. Alas, I do not sound like her too.
  8. tom Chosen One

star 6
    that is the strangest penis i have ever seen.
  9. DarthLowBudget Force Ghost

star 5
    Her beauty comes before her singing ability?
  10. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Duh, it's the modern world. Looks before ability happens in almost all cases now, including buying cars or technology or whatever else.
    Looks sell more than ability.
  11. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
  12. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Look at reality TV, littered with no-talent hacks who end up becoming celebrities usually based on how they look.

Adele is OK-looking, she's hardly in the Katy Perry league in the realm of musicians. It is her actual talent that makes her marketable and popular and it's good to see.
    Also nice to see a British star doing well in the US, seems to be difficult these days.
  13. mrsvos Force Ghost

star 5
    She's been Narnes & Boble in store muzak since October 2011.....possibly Sept... I know all the songs by heart.
  14. Terr_Mys Force Ghost

star 6
    That's why there's a grave accent on that name in French: Adèle.

I would probably appreciate her music a lot more if it weren't played on the radio 24/7.

15. Kiki-Gonn Chosen One

star 6
    I'm not a big fan but she is the only person with actual talent that gets regularly played on the teenie bopper garbage station my wife listens to. So thank you for the respite Adele.
  16. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    While I don't love her, I do like her music.
  17. duende Force Ghost

star 5
    yes, she's usually playing when i walk into my local noons & boobies.
  18. Jedi_Reject_Jesse Force Ghost

star 7
    No. Her name sounds like a brand of ibuprofen.
  19. Mustafar_66 Force Ghost

star 5
    Hands so far down they're below my feet.
  20. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6

Don't get me wrong, she's talented, with a great voice. Rolling in the Deep is one of the best tracks of the last few years, her cover of Dylan's Make You Feel My Love was fantastic. But my goodness, she has minimal thematic variation in her songs. Just about every one is about how she's broken up with a guy and not take the breakup well, in one way or another.

The less beautiful, less vocally gifted Florence + the Machine is a superior artist in my opinion.
  21. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
  22. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
    If a man sang "Someone like You", he'd be considered a stalker.
  23. Dingo Force Ghost

star 5
    21 is a break-up album, she's never hidden the fact and even openly acknowledged the fact that it was what made that album so strong. If you go and listen to 19 you'll hear a lot more variation for the type of singer she is with some songs that are nearly as powerful as her current ones.
  24. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    I agree with Dingo on this issue. The only thing I'd say is that her third album needs to display more variation to validate the focus of 21.

Rolling in the Deep isn't even my favourite track from 21. It's probably my 4th favourite. I prefer One and Only, I'll Be Waiting and Someone Like You.

Not at all. I became addicted to her music long before I realised how beautiful she is. When I bought the two albums I was basically caving into the tracks I kept hearing in stores and on the radio.
  25. nostalgia Jedi Master

star 2
    Personally, I like her. I sometimes switch the station when her songs are playing because I don't want to get incredibly sick of hearing them.

I have to say, her regular speaking voice totally gives me goose bumps. It sounds like a bad Russel Brand impression.