Hands up if you love ADELE.

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Everton, Feb 13, 2012.

1. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
  2. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Are sex tapes really that common? I mean, I've never heard someone tell me, "Hey, maybe it would be a good idea to film this." Or are celebrities naturally that narcissistic/dumb?
  3. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Most of them are done for publicity and nothing more. I always find it funny that celebrity tapes happen to have "gone missing" or "somebody stole it" which makes you wonder exactly how many people were made a aware of the sex-recording habits of the famous. And who exactly steals sex tapes from people's houses? And did they leave it lying around with a label saying "sex tape" in big letters?

It's always too convenient, celebrities let these things out in order to get articles about themselves. After all a lot of the sex tapes I know about are usually done by people of minimal talent who won't get attention any other way (Paris Hilton, Imogen Thomas etc)
  4. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
    I believe Adele answered the question for you at the Brit awards last night, harps.

5. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    That was disgusting, cutting her off like that. All because ITV couldn't possibly overrun. As if there's anything important on ITV anyway (save CL football) and Downton Abbey).
  6. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    they overran anyway. so they decided to cut off the major award winner of the entire evening to ensure the ITV news started at 10:03 instead of 10:04.

ITV are an absolute joke.

p.s. i love Blur but maybe they should have prompted them to cease their ridiculously long thank you speech if they knew they were potentially pushing it for time.
  7. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    To be honest I switched off in horror when Adele was stopped, but if the news only started at 10.04pm that would be quite in keeping with ITV's general attitude towards punctuality. They are not adverse to starting and finishing shows a few minutes after the hour in order to maintain their audience. For example, if the BBC's 10pm news started at 10pm, and ITV's started at 10.04pm, then viewers coming off the back of the Brits are more likely to stick with ITV.
  8. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    Adele's reaction was pathetic and a slight to all of her fans.
  9. Everton Chosen One

star 10
  10. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
    They apparently weren't watching the Oscars a few years ago when Ellen Degeneres hosted: you don't cut of the speeches because they're too long, but because they're boring.
  11. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    IMO, Video Games and Talk To Me are the best Adele songs.
  12. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    So what happened on ITV, they stopped her singing instead of just cutting away, so Adele stuck her fingers down her throat and purged on stage?

I assume thats whats happening om that french magazine cover.