main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han's Deli--(the official social thread of 'stop abusing han and leia's romance' vers. 3.0)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Yanksfan, Oct 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Aw man, I LOVE that movie! I've seen it a million times. I swear, in a perfect world I could just join the Rockford Peaches and be a professional baseball player my whole life.

And I believe in my Yankees. We just gotta take it one game at a time.

But I swear, if the baseball commentators spend 80% of the game talking about Ichiro, I might have to puke. That gets pretty annoying. Get some new material already...

2. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    <finishes cleaning up his MAINERS RULE carving, but might have secretly carved it somewhere else>

The Mariners are the best team ever because I live in Washington, duh!

I will be here tomorrow with my Mariners paraphanilia to watch them cream the Yankees.

Yanksfan, I'm sorry in advance for the brutal beating your team will get in the game. Sucks when your heroes let you down :p

Can I have the puddin' now?

3. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    Puddin? Sure.....*bites back temptation to smear in storm's face*

"You're overconfidence is your weakness.." and don't be too proud of this seattle team you've constructed. The ability to win 116 games is insignificant next to the power of the Yankees..." :D

And NBC, huh? What, you itchin' to get a case of anthrax are ya? ;)

4. stevenhunter

stevenhunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2001
    Ah, SOMETHING we have in common! Yeah, that movie kicks butt. Except the ending always gets me depressed, when they're all old and Tom Hanks died (Tom Hanks is God).

FlareStorm! I feel like that night when I went to New York and I was in this bar with all these rabid Yankee fans, and I found this ONE guy who was going "Go Mariners!" and getting beat up. Buy the man a drink!

5. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    Okay, I don't beat anybody up for rooting on another team. I may pity them and make fun of their mothers, but I never beat them up... :D

Unless they're from Boston. Just kidding.

Yeah, the ending's depressing, but still, you know they're gonna win it the next year so it's okay. And seriously, that is my favorite role of Tom Hanks. I think he is dead hysterical as Jimmy Dugan. Ha ha!
    "There's no crying--THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!!" :)

6. DemonicJedi

DemonicJedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2001
    oooo, its all nice and shiny... ill fix that sooner or later [face_devil]

7. stevenhunter

Oct 9, 2001
    Oh completely! I get so tired of seeing Tom Hanks in "the nice regular guy who's in a conflict" role - It's great seeing him be an a$$hole.

I WAS beat up by a Yankees fan once, in a pub after they lost to the Mariners, and since then I've had a hatred of Yankee fans that has only grown and festered since.

Just kidding.

8. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    Hmm...so I guess those 'warm and fuzzy' feeling towards New Yorkers from the past month or so is starting to wear off? ;)

I love Yankees fans. We're passionate about our team. We're loud, yeah. We're obnoxious--true. But we love our Yanks! I dunno, nothing beats a crowd in Yankees stadium. Nothing. :)

9. stevenhunter

Oct 9, 2001
    Nothing beats whipping the Yankees like Seattle's going to do this week...

10. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    You're all talk. Why don't you go back to sipping your latte and leave the baseball to us. :D

Awww yeah, look at this:

Check this out!

EDIT: Ha ha, what a dumbass I am. I posted a link to my 'post new reply' page. Ha ha! Awww man.....I guess all my critics calling me 'unintelligent' may be onto something. Oh, well.

EDIT 2: Sorry, I had to throw this on for good measure. It's one of my favorite pics:

Awww yeah!

:)

11. stevenhunter

Oct 9, 2001
    Wait, what do you want me to do? Stare at his ass? Remember I'm not a girl.

12. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    D'oh! NOoooo! You're supposed to be in AWE of that AMAZING play!!!!

And you ARE in awe, but you're just too jealous to admit it. :D

13. Corran9

Corran9 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    You see what you did Yanks? You open a new store and all the poor missguided souls wander in :D

Yanks! I got yo back girl!

As a great man once said: "Ca estaramos para ver" or in english: "We'll be here to see it." In order words....we'll see what will happen when the Yankees play the Mariners. For now...I suggest you stop speaking trash about the Yankees, or you might just be eating you Nikes in about a week.

14. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    Ah, thank you, corran.

Hmmm...have you ever considered becoming a bouncer? :)

15. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    *drifts in*
    Congrats on the new building! Though I'll miss seeing the near- 13000 post count always there near the top. But I figure you'll grow so fast that in a month or two you'll have to move again...
    *drifts out*

16. mena_lyn

mena_lyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2001
    Yeah, Corran, maybe you should be the bouncer.

Ooo! I see Colin Firth on the Diary of Reese Witherspoon! (Colin Firth, if you don't know, is the incredibly good looking British actor who played Mr. Darcy in both Pride & Prejudice and Bridget Jones's Diary...GOD I love him.)

EDIT: Ooo! I forgot to tell you! It was the whole reason for this post! The Deli website is finally undergoing redesign...it's gonna look really nifty. The new splash page is up right now, check for the rest later. :)

17. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    Wow, that splash page is making me hungry...

Nice job, though! *shakes head* Wow, I can't believe this place has it's own page. Cool.

But seriously, now I'm craving a cheese burger.

18. Leela

Leela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    *comes rushing in, panic stricken*

I discovered the old Deli closed yesterday and spent ALL DAY trying to get into the new one!!! :eek:

And all I kept getting were stupid ERROR messages. NEVER got one in the OLD Deli :mad:

So, I'm here now... *calms down a little*

Wassup? :D

19. sweetheart

sweetheart Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Leela! How you doing? Sit down..order a drink. I'm the new barmaid :D

With all the rivalries in here I think we need to open up a mud wrestling corner. What do you think?

Since I'm rooting for neither, I can watch...

20. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    Where's the website, near those links Yanks posted? All I got from there is:

"This website has exceeded its data transfer limits"

I'm pretty sure that means you are going to hell.

21. Leela

Leela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    "going to hell" LOL!

Mud wrestling? :eek: Okay... so long as I get to wrestle with Han! :D

22. C_Minor

C_Minor Jedi Master star 3

May 21, 2001
    Hello hello.

You know, I'm still waiting for that han Vodka ... service here isn't great. :) Good thing I have Han to keep me busy :D

23. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    You got an error message with the NEW thread??

*smells a rat* Heeeeeey.....did kadue con me or something?

Ah, well. No matter! You're here now, right?

Man, I got beer bloat. It's gross. Ah, and it all begins again tomorrow....

*waits patiently for the familar pregame anxiety to set in...*

Sooo....uh, read any good fics lately? I need to take my mind off this.

EDIT: Here's your Han vodka, dammit! And a straw. Drink it under 30 seconds and the second one's free..

24. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    Nonononononononononononono...

I got error messages with the picture links you posted a while back: http://www.geocities.com/derekjeteronline/pic59.html, and I was wondering if thats the Deli web site that you all were talking about.

No offense, but I do mud wrestling for a living, I'm kinda burt out on it.

25. mena_lyn

mena_lyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2001
    The Deli had exceeded it's transfer limits? Dammit! I have geocities! The addy is in my sig, but here you go:

Han's Deli--the Official Website

If it says again that it's exceeded it's transfer limits, try again during the next hour. Geocities has this stupid rule about how much data you can transfer from your site per hour. Peh. They want your site to be popular, but not TOO popular. They forced sweetheart to cave and pay them money. PEH! I WILL NEVER GIVE THEM MONEY! ::ahem:: sorry...Eventually, the Deli will have to be moved, but until then, you'll have to deal with stupid geocities. :(

MAN, this TPM DVD is coooooool. Ewan is so adorable....he fights extremely well with the practice lightsabers...do you know he actually got to choose his own hilt? They gave him a bunch of choices and he chose the lightsaber hilt he liked. Huh....ya learn somethin' new every day.

Even if you don't wanna buy it, I reccommend everyone at least RENT it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.