main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han's Deli--(the official social thread of 'stop abusing han and leia's romance' vers. 3.0)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Yanksfan, Oct 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Oh, *sniff*, sweetheart, you've made me so proud! Finally seeing the beauty that is Derek Jeter! Right, though? I'm not just another delusional Yankees fan, after all! (now hands off! ;) )

2. _fuschia_

_fuschia_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2001
    Oh good gracious! I'm away for a while (flu from Hell) and I come back to find a new Deli! What happened? Did the fascists finally get to you and close you down, Yanksfan? Do I still have a job, or will I have to resort to singing in the streets for Republic credits?!!

3. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    You still have a cushy job here, fuschia. No one can quite croon out the old stand-bys like you can.

Naw, I made a deal with the baseball gods that if my boys pulled off the impossible (pfft! not for the Yanks!) and come back to win an important series with the A's, then I would shut the old thread down.

My boys did, so I did. It was all done for a good cause. :)

4. Corran9

Corran9 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    My oh my...is that Fuschia I see over yonder? Hello there you crazy Great Britaner! Are you aware Manchester United is partners with the Yankees? Its like a monopoly thing.

I'd post picture of me and show you a REAL man...but...well....I cant find any of my pics...it is my belief they were all stolen by rabid fanatical women...

5. Kirana

Kirana Jedi Master star 2

Nov 13, 1999
    About Jordan:

I think its his second comeback. First was after he retired to go play baseball *cringe* and now this. Seriously, he should have stayed put, I mean, what a way to end your career. And there's something really unsettling about seeing him in a blue uniform, and not a red one. It's... weird.

Ooh, thanks for the pic Yanksfan!

Hope you feel better, fuschia!

I have a whole week of holiday! Yay!

6. Corran9

Dec 8, 2000
    Its his third comeback

1.Baseball
    2.Retirement
    3.Retirement

7. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I don't care anymore that he's back.

And about Jeter, I seriously don't think he's hot. Maybe there's some viel in front of my eyes that only allows me to see the big NY on his uniform, but I honestly don't find him attractive. Maybe I'm being biased, but I don't think so. I think other members of other baseball teams besides the Sox are cute(Gabe Kaplar), but Jeter just doesn't do it for me. Anyway, good luck today Seattle.

And I'm sorry Mena for not sending you those things yet. :( I've been insanely busy. I promise I will get them to you shortly, but what do you want? An enormous bria-rant? I'm quite good at those. :) And Sweetheart, I'll try to review a fic as soon as possible as well.

EDIT: I take it back Mena. I just went to the Deli site and you're not getting anything until that color scheme is gone! :p Or at least until there's a picture of Nomar or Pedro somewhere.

8. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    WTF?? No, I love my boys, I do. BUT WTF WAS THAT????? They were playing like the bad news bears out there. It was embarrassing. But unlike you fickle Seattle fans, I don't run and hide when my Yanks play a bad game. I come out with my blue and white flag waving. Clemens will bounce us back in game four! GO ROCKET!!!

Come one guys, you're better than what I saw today. MUCH BETTER. You can do it! Go Yanks! :)

And adi, there IS a veil. Because Jeter is hot. It's not even up for debate. The man is a certified hottie. Look it up.

9. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    I take it back: I'm still out there waving our GRAY and Blue flag. White and blue sounds like surrender, but we NEVER surrender!! The fire's back in our belly, go Yankees!!

All right, seriously, we'll be okay. Come on, guys.

Okay, enough of this. Time to shake this game off. I hope everyone's having a nice evening. I'll be out of here in a few minutes, but you know. Just didn't want anyone to think I was intentionally keeping a low profile. NYers never cower.

A friend of mine just got the Episode I DVD. I can't wait to check it out. I heard there's some good Ewan stuff. Awww yeah!

10. Corran9

Dec 8, 2000
    Dont worry about it Yanks...its only a minor setback in the quest for four in a row. Its ok....this way they get all that giving runs away thing out of the way. Clean slate tomorrow. Go Rocket!! Go Yanks!!

but....DAMN that 6th REALLY sucked.

11. Corran9

Dec 8, 2000
    Oh by the way I got the Ep1 DVD...its off the meat rack.

12. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    <walks in with Edgar Martinez and Ichiro>

Good Game

<snicker>

13. Leela

Leela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Hello sweet Deli :D

14. Elektra

Elektra Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 18, 2001
    Wow - I go away for a week and come back to a new deli!

Ah, well, as long as the Corellian's still behind the bar :D

15. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    Hello yourself, Leela. Um...(would love to make confused face, but can't find proper keys on keyboard)

Anyways, *ahem* down to business. I feel suddenly nervous for today's game. I don't like sweet lou pinella promising the series will go back to seattle. Who does he think he is? Joe Namath?? I mean, Lou, I appreciate what you once did for the Yankees in the seventies, but you're a Mariner now. You better fall short, that's all I'm saying. Rocket's gotta lead the Yankees back on track tonight. They need to reclaim their focus. One game at a time, boys, one game at a time......oh, but what I wouldn't give for a win tonight. What can I promise now? I've already pawned my soul, shut down my deli and at this rate my liver will be the size of Texas by the time the world series ends, so I've sacrificed that, too. Whattya want, Rocket?? Name your price!! Just give the Yankees a win tonight!!!!!

Okay, tangent done.

BTW, (ha ha) for the first time EVER I got an error, and that was when I tried getting into THIS deli. Looks like post count had nothing to do with it after all. Hmph. [face_plain]

But, whatever. Go Yanks.

16. stevenhunter

stevenhunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2001
    I knew they could do it, they're back!

Watch out Yankees tonight.

17. leia393

leia393 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    Hello. Today is Carrie's Birthday!!!!!

I was thinking about styling my hair in the offical buns, but figured that it would destroy any little social standing I have, so I'll save the style for Halloween.

18. Corran9

Dec 8, 2000
    Hello sweet deli...another game today. Lets see if ma boys have awaken.

19. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Great game yesterday. :) The sixth was great. :D Looking forward to today's game.

BTW, has anyone ever played MLB 2K2? I played it for the first time last night and it was so much fun.

20. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    Kick me when I'm down, Adi. Go right ahead.
    :(

BTW, how's Nomar's golf stroke going? Has he improved his handicap yet with all this time off? :)

21. Corran9

Dec 8, 2000
    Actually Yanks now that you mentioned it, I saw him yesterday out on the greens....his 3 iron is improving steadly each day. :D

22. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    And that's exactly why I posted that! :p Show me some sympathy and I'll show you some. Seriously, you know I'm just kidding and trying to get you mad. Besides it's a futile attempt on my part to try to deny the truth. I know the Yankees are going to win in the end, but I try to ignore that. :)

And Nomar is doing well, thank you. He'll preparing to reclaim his batting title next year.

23. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    I know, Adi. I know.

But if we're not baiting eachother how are we supposed to interact? Seriously, I'm at a loss.... ;)

But I guess you Bosox fans know all about "loss" don't you? :D

I'm KIDDING!!!

24. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    LOL! Though at my expense, that was a pretty good one, Yanksfan. :)

Just wait till next season. [face_devil] And what time is the game tonight? 7:30?

And who do you guys want to win the NL?

25. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    I dunno. I think that if the Yankees were to face either team (baseball gods willing, of course) they could beat them. The Braves have a nice rivalry with us now, but that would probably bore the rest of the country to tears. So, I dunno. Either team's fine with me.

I'm just mainly concerned with the ALCS of course. Come on guys, gotta rebound tonight. Snuff this seattle team out before it gets back too much confidence...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.