Han's Deli--(the official social thread of 'stop abusing han and leia's romance' vers. 3.0)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Yanksfan, Oct 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. C_Minor Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, I know, I never post/chat/do anything active at all anymore. it's really pathetic, but let's face it, real life has got me by the short and curlies. Not that I don't enjoy it or anything, but some sacrifices have gotta be made. ButI do love you guys all to pieces *hugs*. I just step out of the shadows once in a while when it's worth putting other stuff on hold. I'll just have to be Aunty CMinor who shows up a couple of times a year to spoil other people's chilren rotten and be the favorite.

Anyway, the latest at the thread me and yanks are joined at the hip ;) is: "why can't people be more polite to authors?"

Well, if I post there it'll get me banned, so - *all* people deserve to be treated politely unless they do something that negates that right. Said author is no more 'special' than any other Joe in the world, and she is not entitled to special treatment because of how she earns money. Said author has also done very little over the years to earn my respect and so, no, said author does not deserve to be treated respectfully by me (I fail to see how me and yanks were being 'impolite' simply by pointing out that she wasn't telling the truth - check my sig ;)).

*steps off soapbox*

P.S A big thanks to said author for bringing me out of lurkdom!

CMinor
  2. Yanksfan Chosen One

star 5
    *nods head vigorously* Yeah! YEAH! What Cminor said! Woohoo!

Anyone who goes around slandering innocent people automatically negates their right to 'respect'. Does that make me a b**ch? I don't think so.
  3. Milamber45 Jedi Knight

star 1
    *Big grin* Yes, I'm in a better mood tonight. Was just told about a pretty damn good band (No Use For A Name); listening to them right now. Aaaanyway, that's about it from me, except to say that said author needs to deflate her ego a smidget. Oh, and if I ever turn out like that when I'm published... shoot me. Later days!
  4. mena_lyn Jedi Knight

star 3
    Will do, Mil. Will do. ;)

Speaking of writing, how's my fic coming?

And this whole author thing is really getting me angry. There's really no reason for them to be put up on a pedestal like they are. Arg arg arg.
  5. Kirana Jedi Knight

star 2
    I just finished watching ANH. I'm conf-u-u-u-sed! On the box, it says ANH is 30 years after TPM. So... Vader is only 39, 10 years older than Han. And that means that Vader had Luke and Leia when he was 21. So... Amidala has to get pregnant between Ep2 and 3.

Does this sound wrong to anyone else? How can there only be 30 years between ANH and TPM? That puts the fall of the Republic, rise of the Empire, Clone Wars AND the Jedi Purge within the lifetimes of at least half the people we see on screen, and yet they all talk about it as if it was ancient history! Galaxy-wide amnesia??
  6. Leela Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree, it sucks. One gets the impression the Empire has been around for at least 50yrs. And now to find out it's only 20...
    I dunno. I guess I have problems with Vader being so young.
  7. Kirana Jedi Knight

star 2
    Dude, Leela, how are you?

But yeah, I mean, the way all the Moffs talk about the Force around Vader in ANH... "ancient religion", "sorceror's ways"... I don't know. And why would Han mouth off about never seeing anything that would make him believe in an all-powerful force when he's supposedly been around for the Clone Wars? It just seemed to me that the way they talk about the Clone Wars is the way teens would talk about WWI or at least WWII.

Someone call George, this continuity stinks!
  8. StonedRose Force Ghost

star 2
    I thought they decided to change it to forty years? I think I remember hearing that. But whatever. It's also possible I read that on a thread here and just accepted it as fact.
  9. Kirana Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey SR! How's it going?

Seriously, GL should hire a SW fan to sit there and tidy up his continuity mistakes!

Okay, so this English weather is really ticking me off. It's all muggy and wet one day and then freezing and wet the next. Thank the Force I've got Ivy L's Renewal to get me through this...
  10. Kirana Jedi Knight

star 2
    C'mon, Deli, wake up!
  11. C_Minor Jedi Knight

star 3
    Can't say this is the Crispin thread cause certain people are biased....

This place is turning in a fascist dictatorship. Lying people are being *protected*. :mad: That rips my undies in a big way. Who the hell do these people think they are? I, for one, will *not* be little people. *slams fist on desk*

CMinor
  12. Milamber45 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Y'damn right, CMinor! Just because certain people have more money or are better known than others doesn't mean their opinions are special. That kinda thing is (expletive baleeted) wrong. Aaaaaaaaaaanyway... yah. Briasco out.
  13. Milamber45 Jedi Knight

star 1
    *Runs through the deli banging hobbits and garbage can lids together* Come on, people! POST!
  14. solonet Jedi Knight

star 1
    I must up this thread :p
    lets do a photo caption for my fanart!
    [image=http://www.bloodstripe.com/fanart/hanart17.jpg]
    I'll start :)
    Leia: so this is the lotion you've been using, wow~the result really shows!
    Han: ...don't get excited (I not a creative person~lol)
  15. Milamber45 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Leia: No no, it's really smooth! Where did you buy it?
    Han (Evasively): Oh, you know... mumblemumbleTwi'Lekbrothelmumblemumble...
    Leia: Sorry, Han? I didn't quite catch that one.
  16. Milamber45 Jedi Knight

star 1
    *Sighs* It's a sad thing, the death of a thread. 'Twould seem I have the touch of that... lots of boards I've joined have gone down within a year or so of my first post. Well, the Deli seems dead. Is it?
  17. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    *plays funeral tones* It's a sad day when the deli isn't past 10,000 posts...
  18. NETTYTHEPRINCESS Jedi Knight

star 1
    What's everyone's favorite Han and Leia Fan Fiction? Can it be found on this site or else where............. Just thought I would open a topic for discussion. :)
  19. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5

Stories I really enjoy:

Leela's "40 Days to Bespin" and "One Night on Bespin"

Ivy's "Renewal"

Both can be found on Tara's site HanSoloandthePrincess.com

IMFXScully's "Luke's Girl", which I think I found on Fanfiction.net, but I read it a long time ago and no longer remember.

J_Girl's "Of Love and Marriage"

Jedi-Jade's "Blind Date"

StonedRose's "While You Were Gone"

These last three can all be found on TFN in the Classic fanfiction section. Happy reading, NETTY. :D

20. Yanksfan Chosen One

star 5
    ....signs of life in the deli? Wha--? *wipes eyes* Dare I hope?
  21. Tara Jedi Knight

star 3
    THE DELI! IT LIVES! :D
  22. NETTYTHEPRINCESS Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've read those, Ivylores "Renewal" is wonderful! Tara I've ventured to you site too. Love it.

Any one else??? ;)

23. Kirana Jedi Knight

star 2
    IT'S ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
  24. Yanksfan Chosen One

star 5
    It's 2:16 am....do you know where *your* corellian meat slicer is?
  25. Tara Jedi Knight

star 3
    *Tara cuddles a poor, malnourished Obi-Wan in her lap and feeds him some deli meat* There, there...we still love you...

Aww, I think the hobbits didn't survive the abandonment. (Stop that cheering, Yanksfan!) Good thing our delivery and cleaning boy have the Force. And Han was just too hot to die. Oh yes...
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.