main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Hapes

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Logica, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Logica

Logica Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2014
    Well, As a long time Star Wars fan, I have high hopes for new productions like the anticipated new trilogy, the EU books, and other media. I happen to find the Hapans interesting and I raise the question of whether we can expect to see any new material on them? If featured in a new video game or (hopefully) the new movies, what would they sound like accent wise (EU indicates they have a distinctive accent, which is a curiosity of mine). Who would/should protray one in a live action production? And what further roles can we expect the Consortium to play in the struggles to come?

Any thoughts?

2. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Unfortunately I don't have an actual answer to any of your questions (I haven't read any of the books featuring the the Hapans) but you might get more and better responses by taking this question to the Literature forum. Most of the people and discussions on this particular board are more focused on the already-existing films.

3. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Hi Logica, welcome to the boards - the Saga In-Depth forum is for discussing the films only, not the Expanded Universe, so I'll move this over to the EU Community forum.

4. Logica

Logica Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2014
    Thanks. Didn't realise this one was out of place. :/

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I have no true answer to most of your questions, but I normally imagine them with either a Scottish accent or something halting like an Indian accent. Whether that was inspired by seeing that some of them have red hair for the first is very likely. ;)

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I wondered if the "Ah. Aha!" pattern used by the Queen Mother & Tenel Ka, in YJK, might be something common in the culture.

7. Logica

Logica Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2014
    Maybe for the kids... It sounds like something kids would say upon making a discovery.

8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It's also something the protagonist's grandmother says.

9. Logica

Logica Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2014
    Might well be a Ta'a Chume thing... your guess is as good as mine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.