main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by MysticTrunks01, Jul 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Just wanted to wish everyone a happy 4th. Have fun eating and being with family (well, at least eating :p ) Be safe everyone... *glares at Otto*

2. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    Happy 4th to you too Mike. Have a good one..

3. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    You guys have a good one too. I will be heading out after work for OKC. Mike2-D2, if Otto isn't safe, that's okay! LOL! Just kidding Ottoman. 8-}

4. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    *hands Otto a lit M-90* Here's a sparkler for you man.

5. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD just becase you have one or two or three...ok four, five, six OK I get your point no fireworks for Otto. But guess what I going to play and I am going to have good time as I watch the river parks fireworks show from the hospital hehehe. I wish everyone a save and happy Fourth

6. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    So, is everyone else that has to work today (7-5) as tired as i am? Half our office took the day off and it is so quite i could tell you how far away someone typing is... Sooo.... sleepy....

So anyone else get burned and/or have a firework blow up wrong?

7. Angry_Princess

Angry_Princess Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Mike- unfortunately no. :( heehee I worked from 5pm - 1am last night. At least I had a really good view of the fireworks at the football field. :p

8. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    yes I got a little singe when a fuse decided to nuke up on my thumb a bit...and it was a smoke bomb no less.

9. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I get burned when people go over to someone's house for a a celebration (in this case Independence Day) and bring nothing. No food, yet they, their wife, and two kids eat. No fireworks, yet they, their wife, and two kids sit around enjoying the show whilst my brother-in-law and I (ahem, someone) run around making sure the $200 worth of fireworks we brought go off without exploding anybody. Never a chance to look up and see the grand finale we constructed. Bah! People in general suck.

Out of 18 people there, 12 did nothing to pitch in. Makes me sick. But otherwise a wonderful experience! At least I didn't have to work today.

10. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    Brent, that just sucks! There is a rule in our family (and amoung our friends) that who ever hosts, all they have to make is the main dish. And everyone always brings drink. We had a really good time with lots of food and drinks. You guys need to incorp. the same ideas. Makes for good family ties. Plus just a butt load of food!!! :D And I took off Friday to have an extra long weekend. Much needed one at that.

11. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    We spent our first 4th of July with our neighbors. Some crazy thing happened to us, we had about 6 morter shell explode in the pipe on the ground (damn that was funny... no one was hurt) and one time someone lit 4 at once, but the fuse knocked one over and took two other with it. so when it went off to landed on a nieghbors porch and another next to them... then they exploded. Everyone was yelling NO NO NONON NONOONONONONON.... like it would help, again no fires or injuries, but hella funny.

OVer all it was alot of fun and i can't wait for next year.

12. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Hehehehe

Well, it's never a good fireworks show unless there is that hint of danger and something or someone almost catches on fire. ;)

13. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Yeah, like last night! Kenzi and I were at a friend's house for a combined birthday/4th of July celebration. We were launching some artillery, and one guy tried to launch two at once from one tube, but tied the fuses wrong so that the one on bottom ignited at the same time or before the one on top. Because of that, it only flew out of the mortar tube about 6 feet up and about 5 feet straight towards the guy who lit it, as well as the rest of us! :eek: He turned his head just as it was coming straight at him. He dove towards us just as it exploded about 6 feet away from all of us. Luckily no one was hurt, so his desperate dive became the funniest event of the evening. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.