main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Happy Birthday, Temuera Morrison: Your favorite Jango/Boba/Clone trooper moment?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Ingram_I, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Happy 56th, Mr. Morrison!
    Granted, including Boba is a slight cheat that treads OT forum territory, but we're talkin' genetics here, baby... and Blu-ray edition voiceover.
    [​IMG]

2. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Temuera Morrison plays 2 of my favorite characters and the face of my favorite fictional army.

So the highlights of 3 of those characters:

Jango Fett-

The dude's armor is just badass. Shiny chrome and a beautiful contrast to his son's armor. He also has duel-wielding pistols and we see more of the tech that the suit contains like flamethrower and those blades that come out of the arm.

He has great banter between Obi-Wan and I love their suspiciousness of each other. Plus the first big hand to hand combat fight in SW follows.

He kills a Jedi and swings his pistol like a Western gunslinger. Just badass. Nuff said.

He dies like a warrior. Plus his death (in my head) was intentional.

Boba Fett:

The guy that started the admittedly cool trend of dudes in cool armor but don't do anything. He stands up to Vader, stands cool and is just a fun character in general.

Also I love his armor has a history. Like dents and scratches. Plenty of stories to tell, especially in a new EU.

Clone Troopers

If I had to list cool clone moments, I'd be here all week.

But

Their arrival on Geonosis is badass. They look amazing too.

The 501st storming the temple with Vader.

The lone clone who jumps on a Crab Droid and blasts it like a gangsta.

The clone who gets killed by Commander Cody bending down and picking up Obi's saber. LOL and RIP.

Commander Cody, Commander Barcara and the dumbass Commander Gree all get shoutouts too.

Happy B-Day Mr. Badass.

3. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Hate to be a stickler, but I wouldn't list Boba as acted by Temuera, even with the redub.
    The original OOT recording was badass :cool:

But besides that, I like Temuera Morrison in the role.
    His first confrontation with Kenobi is tense. And seeing Cody and the other clones interact with Obi-Wan after he and Jango's conflict in AOTC is pretty trippy and ironic.

4. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
    And a rocket launcher. The guy fires a rocket at a Jedi. That happened. This is my "that happened" face: :eek:
    Putting aside for a moment that great pun, I'm curious as to what you mean by this, exactly. Are you saying that he intentionally let Windu cut him down?
    And then Captain Phasma ended it. Oh, snap! Ingram... be nice.
    Yeah, that was one of those nutty moments that just came outta nowhere, and then was over in a blink. Come to think of it, there was a lot of beats in Revenge of the Sith, macro and micro, that felt like Lucas was firing off both pistols Yosemite Sam style.
    Wait, what? How did I miss this?!

Deliveranze likes this.
  5. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
    It is rather ironic. The two did NOT get along in the previous movie, to put it mildly. Then all the sudden Obi-Wan is bosom buddies with a hole school of 'em; another figuratively deadpan joke from Lucas. However, he also regards them in a somewhat dispensing manner early on, during the space battle, when Anakin opts to save them from a cannon fodder fate: "No, no. They are doing their job so we can do ours."

HevyDevy and {Quantum/MIDI} like this.
  6. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    LOL good point. Forgot that Jango actually fired the rocket. :p

Oh sorry. Should of cleared that. :p Meant that while Boba was killed unintentionally by Han, I like to think Mace killed Jango intentionally and not like "Oh crap. Um...whoops."

LOL forgot Phasma was a thing too. Then again, I forget a lot of things about TFA.... [face_whistling]

Indeed. It was just so...."Holy ****" moment that I love Lucas decided "this is my last SW film, let's go out in fireworks."

It took me forever to figure it out but once ya see it, ya can't unsee it! :p

{Quantum/MIDI} likes this.
  7. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    One line: "always a pleasure to meet a Jedi"

That whole scene is sizzlingly tense!

Davak24, jakobitis89 and MarcJordan like this.
  8. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    The whole bit on Kamino from the verbal sparring with the hilariously affected politeness from both sides to the actual fight itself is definitely Jango's finest hour. As for the clones, well it must be said that taking down all those Jedi is a legitimately impressive feat, even with surprise on their side.

QuangoFett likes this.
  9. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    One of my favorite scenes is where Jango bumps his head on the doorway into Slave 1, in reference to the stormtrooper bumping his head on the Death Star. Lucas even said it is supposed to show where the stormtroopers get that trait from. I really like his banter scene with Obi Wan, very much like a James Bond film where he and the villain usually first meet and pretending to be present to each other. Jango does so much more in one film than Boba does in 3.

10. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Same.

11. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    The apartment confrontation, of course. Had to get him out of the suit to finally make Fett a standout presence. One of the many ways the PT refined older elements as opposed to simply replicating what worked before.

QuangoFett and Ingram_I like this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So he was 38 or so when he played Jango?

13. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    No, he's a very savvy guy. Dude knows that the best sort of coup is the chicken coup.

[​IMG]

Favourite clone moment is Bail Organa confronting the troopers on the landing platform.

Deliveranze and Ingram_I like this.
  14. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    LOL OMG that scene was phenomenal. Especially with Anakin's Betrayal playing over the burning Temple. The way the clone says "I'm sorry sir, it's time for you to leave" always hits me hard.

QuangoFett likes this.