main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Happy endings 7/8--All Too Soon--J/J--COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Congratulations on finding the second clue in the Reader Response Scavenger Hunt!

Next, go to where you can find sympathy for Vader.

We regret to inform you...

She remembered one particular day, in the last days of Coruscant. She remembered having every thought and action obliterated in the overwhelming urge to scream. She remembered having something ripped tangibly from her and being left with nothing more than her tears and a gaping wound.

She had neglected her training so much that she was almost as blind to the Force as her husband, but Leia had been close enough to her youngest son to feel every moment of his loss.

What a fully-trained Jedi might feel, Leia could not fathom, but she knew that one thing was certain. There would be no need to inform her daughter. Leia knew too well that the Force would have done that job with searing clarity.

She was coming to her daughter's apartment to sit at her side instead of confronting her with bitter reality.

The apartment was buried deep in the middle of pilot country, close enough to the command center to be oonvenient, but isolated enough to give both Colonel Fels a haven from work. Leia didn't bother to knock, knew that her daughter would be expecting her.

The apartment was dark, unsurprisingly, since the message had come well past midnight and Jaina needed all the rest she could get, but Leia knew that sleep would not come to her tonight.

She identified the woman curled in on herself as Jaina, crumpled on the couch and perfectly, heartbreakingly silent. She was on her side, one hand pressed to her throat, the other arm cradling her abdomen. Her eyes were wide, unstaring, unheeding of the tears that were seeping from their corners.

"You know," Leia observed, unsurprised.

The only motion for a long moment was as her daughter swallowed hard, hand still wrapped around her own throat. Finally, she nodded.

"When you are bound to someone," she said hoarsely, "it's hard to ignore the moment when their life drains out of the gash in their neck."

That brought the last High Princess of Alderaan to her knees, since the letter of notification had not mentioned that particular detail.

"They..."

She could not breathe, could not speak, but she finally could understand why her daughter seemed to be in a similar state of shock as when she'd been forced to watch her world die.

Leia had lost countless friends, both parents, and a son, but she had not had the misfortune of losing a husband.

She'd hoped that she'd be the first in the family to discover how it felt.

2. Jagsgrl412

Jagsgrl412 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2004
    Awesome!! So sad though! Great Job!

3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, so sad. Poor Jaina. Now, don't you want to know why the heck this is in the J/J trilogy? :-D Sorry for the short beginning. I just wanted to set the stage.

4. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Damn!!!! I have luck. When I though it would end happily it now goes wrong again :mad:

5. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    all right...reel me in. I'm hooked. Why am I drawn to these 'torture and maim Jag Fel' stories?

6. Yun-Harla_loves_Jag

Yun-Harla_loves_Jag Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2004
    Great start poor Jaina

7. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Woah...wait a minute. :eek: Who died? Han? [face_worried]

Great post (everyone seems to be writing these emotional posts lately!) I'm looking forward to more!

~LtJS @};-

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    No, no, no. 1) It's not torture and maim Jag. It's I killed him by cutting his throat. 2) It's Jag, not Han. Leia said she wasn't the first in the family to know what it was like to lose a husband.

9. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Ooooh :eek: YOU KILLED JAG???

~LtJS @};-

10. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    It's I killed him by cutting his throat

[face_sick] Just like watching footage from Iraq :(

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, but this time, we don't see it.

12. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Well, that didn't take long.

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

Great post, though. :D (You know what I mean.)

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    See what i said, everyone, about being scary in December?

14. Elena

Elena Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    So, Jag's...dead.

Should I start taking bets on what happens next?

Jaina:

a) goes evil. You know you want to see it...

b) commits suicide. She does have depressions fairly often.

c) becomes bitter and old, falling into obscurity.

d)stays alive for Junior.

Well, let's see if my predictive abilities have gotten any better...

Elena

15. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    *huddles* [face_devil] Well, I should have seen that coming!

16. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Wow. 1 for 1 already. But that last paragraph was so resounding, hauntingly so. Amazing first post to what should be an acclaimed sequel...

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Augh, I don't know, Jaina on the Dark Side always seems to be a temper tantrum and not washing her hair and taking advice from old fogies.

18. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    Geez, you saved all of the angst and murder from November and used it for December, huh?

Well, this sucks. [face_not_talking] I mean, you killed Jag. :_|

:D Can't wait for the next update. :D

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Okay, everyone, SUPERELO!

And I'll have a million sweet/mushy flashbacks.

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Too many times, it had been Jaina's solemn duty to clear away the remnants of a life lost in war. Wingmates, roommates, and friends had passed by her on the way to the eternities and left little but memories that she did not want to confront.

When Anakin died, she had not been able to perform that task for the simple reason that anything he had left behind had to be abandoned with the rest of their trappings. It had been the one time that she wished she could have done it, since having something that remained of him would have made it easier to accept his absence in all other senses.

She awoke the morning after among the trappings of a life she no longer recognized. Jag's spare flight jacket doubled as a blanket and a comfort object as she clutched it to her with one hand. The other hand was still trembling as it gripped a datapad. The power pack had died sometime during the night, while she slept fitfully, but it didn't matter.

She had every word of that cursed memo buried in her brain.

Colonel Jaina Fel,

We regret to inform you of the passing of Colonel Jagged Fel in combat. He fell in hand-to-hand combat during a riot on Aikura III while defending a family of refugees. He will be well-remembered among those he served with as well as those lives he saved that night.

My condolences,
    Commander Juv Ley

She had often teased Wedge for his sentimentality in notifications, but had adopted a fair measure of it when commanding her own squadron. Commander Ley seemed to have taken the position of extreme opposition.

I could use something a lot stronger than a debriefing report. I felt the only man I've dared to love die last night.

She remembered little of the actual event, had been going over a report with Commander Marik when her breath had suddenly frozen in her chest and her vision swam. The next thing she had remembered was the base medic's perfunctory examination and the reassurance that she was fine.

"Perfect health and 'fine' are very different things," Marik said grimly. "If you'll excuse us?"

The medic nodded. "Comm if you experience any more..."

"I'll see to it," Marik assured him impatiently. "If you'll excuse us."

She could not speak, only sat with her head braced against one hand and her other hand at her throat, which still burned with the force of the impression.

"Something to do with Jag?" he probed gently.

In any other moment, she would have been able to retort, ¡°How did you guess?¡± rather flippantly or with a wry smile. Now, bereft and bewildered, she could only nod against the hand at her forehead.

¡°I can contact Ley,¡± he suggested. ¡°He can give an update on his condition and it¡¯ll give you an excuse to go to him¡¦¡±

She shook her head, but still could not speak.

In the aftermath of her collapse, her mind invoked the image of a knife slipping past defenses and the prey ducking back to avoid being speared through the eye. Instead, a sharp pain erupted at the hollow of the prey¡¯s throat, then the knife retracted and struck again while shock was still wearing off, carving a deep line across the throat. The man¡¯s hand raised one hand to stem the crimson spill, but the effort drove him to his knees and within ten seconds of labored breathing and his bloodstained lips attempting to form words, he fell forward on his face.

¡°Dead,¡± she said in a tone that was more a sob than an admission.

He didn¡¯t ask how she knew or if she was certain, only moved to sit next to her as the single sob dissolved into an unstoppable wave of emotion. Marik let her collapse against him, then encircled her as he rocked her gently.

Not for the first time, she was intensely grateful that High Command had placed a father of six daughters in her wing.

But it only made it worse when her mind reminded her that her husband would never understand what that was like. He hadn¡¯t even lived long enough to feel the child she carried start kicking.

And the child she would bear in six months would never know what he might have been lik

21. Elena

Elena Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    HAHAHAHAHAHA! I was right! My precognitive abilities have grown!

*looks around embarrassedly*

Uh, I mean, so sad, widow and orphan, please excuse my outburst, forgot to go to therapy today...

But geez, isn't I will kill them all a bit overboard on the sig. bar? I mean, last month you were all happiness and light...

Elena

22. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    OH NO! I'm not even a J/J fan, but I'm still upset about this! You are psycho evil.

When I read the first post, I thought Jacen was dead, until it mentioned the part about Leia only losing 1 son...and I was like, "No, Anakin and Jacen are BOTH dead, that's 2 sons." Of course, then I re-read it, and I realized that Jag was indeed dead. Stupid me. My brain is turning to mush over physical science.

You're still evil. (But you can take it as a compliment)

23. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    ISHYYYYYYY! U eveilll eveilll thing! u!!!!

Why u little.... AHHHHH!

LOL awesum job!

24. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    I checked the boards yesterday, I don't know how I missed the post.

I refuse to accept this a truth. [face_not_talking]

I can see the mush month is officially over.
    Now on to the angst month. It must have been so difficult for you to go a whole month without killing someone. :D

I knew she would be pregnant.
    Hopefully I'm right about the other thing I am thinking now. I'll just have to wait and see.

More angst please. [face_devil]

*green_eyes*

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    elena:[/i]HAHAHAHAHAHA! I was right! My precognitive abilities have grown![/i]

Yes, it helps that I'm as predictable as one of Pavlov's dogs.

*looks around embarrassedly*

Uh, I mean, so sad, widow and orphan, please excuse my outburst, forgot to go to therapy today...

Don't worry, I was having way too much fun with angst today as well.

But geez, isn't I will kill them all a bit overboard on the sig. bar? I mean, last month you were all happiness and light...

Sarcasm, hon. Sarcasm. Han's not going to die...

It was to make people laugh at me.

Laura_Anu--OH NO! I'm not even a J/J fan, but I'm still upset about this! You are psycho evil.

OH, darn straight I am! Glad I can terrorize non-fans.

When I read the first post, I thought Jacen was dead, until it mentioned the part about Leia only losing 1 son...and I was like, "No, Anakin and Jacen are BOTH dead, that's 2 sons." Of course, then I re-read it, and I realized that Jag was indeed dead. Stupid me. My brain is turning to mush over physical science.

Yeah, that ambiguity at the beginning was SO intentiona. And your brain is turning into oatmeal, not mush. Mush is a naughty word!

You're still evil. (But you can take it as a compliment)

Since when do I not?

JAGSGURL15--ISHYYYYYYY! U eveilll eveilll thing! u!!!!

Oh, come on, if you're going to be that drastic, at least spell Evil right! ;)

Why u little.... AHHHHH!

Why thank you1

LOL awesum job!

Oh, so those were screams of joy...

green_eyes--I checked the boards yesterday, I don't know how I missed the post.

Gollum: I told you they was tricksy...

I refuse to accept this a truth.

That's why this is my story and you can't do anything about it. Sorry. ::Resists urge to Nyahnyahnyah.::

I can see the mush month is officially over.
    Now on to the angst month. It must have been so difficult for you to go a whole month without killing someone.

Oh, yes. I so wanted to have a continuity problem in the backwards story by killing Mara or Luke. BUt it's not angst month, it's angst eternity, with brief spells of month-long insanity. And besides, I'll be doing it every november.

I knew she would be pregnant.

I only gave you a few BABYISH hints in the last story.

Hopefully I'm right about the other thing I am thinking now. I'll just have to wait and see.

Yes, Jaina will die...Oops, did I say that out loud? J/k.

More angst please.

Head over to TheSaga. New angstfic by me that is DANG dark and all OCs. Called OUt of the Depths.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.