main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Happy endings 7/8--All Too Soon--J/J--COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    Awwwww, that was so sweet and wonderful. I loved it. :D [face_love]

2. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Part 1
    I've not read your other stories (will have to do that now) but oh my goodness.

And people yell at me when I kill someone first thing in a story...

Part 2
    Such a powerful account...could almost picture it in my mind...as Jaina obviously could. Poor girl.

Part 3
    Boy does that make things even worse! I can completely imagine that scene playing out then.

poisoning *shakes head*

And I usually don't read NJO or post-NJO stuff.

Jes

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Okay, I'm a very bad girl, but I"m singing multiple concerts this weekend and so will have the replies either very late tonight or very early tomorrow. Thanks for the somewhat kind words in the meantime. :)

4. Anastasia_Fel

Anastasia_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    MUSHTACULAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Awwwwww! That was so sweet. Even for your evilness.

So at least Jag knew that she was pregnant.
    I was surprised to see that they had been married for 3 years. I thought this picked up directly after "You take Romance". So at least they had some time to be married before you killed him.

:D

*green_eyes*

6. jaya_tharen

jaya_tharen Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2004
    :eek: You killed Jag? :eek:

You do realize that this means you must make a miracle happen. Otherwise he can't come back, right? Right?

:_|He can't be dead, I refuse to believe it! Especially not since Jaina's pregnant!

:_| :_| :_| :_|

You certaintly know how to get people hooked. Your first post was so awesomely amazing!

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Anastasia_Fel--A happy post!!! Thank heavens, I don't think I can live with all this angst!

Ophelia suggested that I have a contest for which reader will be killed next. Is this an entry form?

Jedi_Alexis--You killed my Jag! *sigh of sadness, moment of silence*

Dearly beloved we gather here to say our goodbyes
    here she lies
    no one knew her worth...

Okay, will stop quoting RENT.

But that's okay. More! I love angst.

YAY! Drinks all around!

"So, one night, he comes home and I fix him a drink, as usual. You know, some guys just can't hold their arsenic!" ~Chicago

Okay, enough MUSICALS! Sorry, I've got a headache from all the hairspray used to make me look like a princess for the christmas concerts today. My hair is pulled back very tight (picture Padme's hairstyle when meeting up with Anakin), then piled up in tons of curls with pearls threaded through. It hasn't moved in 11 hours...

evenstar963--AAHH!!!

ok, i'm hooked. lol.

Sounds good. Welcome aboard.

great posts. i can't wait for more!

You won't have to wait long, I hope.

Chimpo_the_Sith--You evil writer

Such flattery!

Elena--Chimpo:

Yeah, ain't she cool. I wanna be just like her when I grow up...

Oh, man, you guys are making me laugh.

*evil grin*

You don't WRITE it, you just do it!

Chimpo_the_Sith--If one more person agrees, I'll start a training camp. ;)

Lt_Jaina_Solo--*blows nose on tissues*

When did I pass out the tissues? You're not allowed to cry this early in the fic! Oh, wait, when I'm being this mean, okay...

Poor Jaina! And she's pregnant! That poor kid!

Which kid? Jaina or the kid kid?

Great post (if angst-driven)! Looking forward to seeing how you resolve this

Who says I'm going to resolve this?

NYCitygurl--I have just realized why everyone days that you're so evil.

Just now????? And this is... I won't ask how you avoided noticing.

Ah!!!! And this is supposed to be J/J!!! So why is Jag dead? I this going to be about Jaina missing him and moving on and raising the kid, or is Jag going to come back somehow?

It's J/J, but the whole trilogy has mostly been about the development of Jaina into someone who is no longer sithbent on her own destruction as the Sword of the Jedi. You'll see about the rest.

NYCitygurl--Good!! You'd better bring Jag back.

For crying out loud, when did I ever say he'd come back?!

JAGSGURL15--omg that post was one of the best i have ever read!!!!!

Aww, thanks. Why?

Jagsgrl412--Thanks.

Smuggler_Shidakis--YES! Jag is dead! Wahoo! Yippee!

LOL. At least we agr... ::The compassion demon of doom from the netherlands or nether regions, I'm never sure which, stops her.:: Shame on you!

I mean... Oh, no. How evil of you, DarthIshtar!

*cackles gleefully*

You're not very ruddy convincing, hon.

I do feel very sorry for Jaina, though. And the poor fatherless child.

Very emotional, very nice.

Thank you ever so much.

Jedi_Alexis--I love fluff. That was a wonderful chapter.

Wait, what's the difference between fluff and mush. I thought fluff was mindless mush and mush was just sentimental. I wasn't mindless, was I?

But you killed Jag. *sigh* I can't get over that.

Please do. Sometime before the end of the story. It makes life so much happier for us all.

It's too sad. Then again, that's why I like it.

Yeah, okay, then that's good.

And I always kind of liked Jaina/Kyp pairings better anyway...

Hmm, maybe i should remarry her...

*grins happily* Bring on the angst!

YAY!

Laura_Anu--Awww, a semi-happy post! Oh Ish, you shouldn't have!! Can it get really evil next? (more evil than Jag dying) Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top??

What, you want her to have a miscarriage? No, no, no, no, no... I don't know how to make it more evil. The whole point of this section is them becoming pare

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    All right, the winner of the "Wizard of Awwwwwwwwwwz" competition has been determined. Of the 54 Awwwwwwwwwwwws in this trilogy so far, Lt_Jaina_Solo has made 17 of them. Her prize can be either of her choosing or to get killed in this fic.

9. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    When did I pass out the tissues? You're not allowed to cry this early in the fic! Oh, wait, when I'm being this mean, okay...
    I stole them from my mom ;) But if you want to replenish my supply, be my guest :D

Which kid? Jaina or the kid kid?
    I guess in this case the baby kid, since he or she's not going to be knowing his or her dad. :(

Who says I'm going to resolve this?
    *plugs ears* I didn't hear that!

That's based on a cute thing my fiance said to me when I got food poisoning twice in 8 days and spent much of my time puking my guts out. He's like "I love you so much that I'll let you puke when we're done being mushy."
    LOL! Wait, you got food poisoning twice in eight days? That really bites! Aww! (about the fiancé saying that).

All right, the winner of the "Wizard of Awwwwwwwwwwz" competition has been determined. Of the 54 Awwwwwwwwwwwws in this trilogy so far, Lt_Jaina_Solo has made 17 of them. Her prize can be either of her choosing or to get killed in this fic.
    Ooh! I won! I won! I finally won something! Umm...to be killed or to choose...Hard choices. Can I have more mush and Jag come back? ;) I guess I'll go with being killed in the fic, though it would be cooler if I stayed alive. :D

~LtJS @};-

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Sorry, one of the rules is thou shalt not change the plot!

11. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Goshdarnit! Alright, I'll settle for being killed, though if I could stay alive that would be even cooler :p

~LtJS @};-

12. jaya_tharen

jaya_tharen Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2004
    Yup, the other two were great too.

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Actually, I'm trying to think why you could be killed and it's not quite making sense, so you can either claim another story to be murdered in or choose a more realistic prize, like being Jaina's confidante or the doctor in the delivery room...

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    She only functioned out of habit, rather than a desire to continue life as normal.

There had been countless times when she'd faced grief and it had not served her well to withdraw from everything as her father had when the Vong were a threat that they did not yet understand and insulation from harm still seemed possible for some.

When Anakin died, she had forced herself to continue and had nearly paid with her soul for that cutthroat determination. She managed repairs, fought battles, and kept living, but only because it gave her a chance to fight back with everything she had and everything that she had ever been.

She had adapted that coping method with the help of many, chiefly and unexectedly Kyp Durron, the man who had nearly become more than a mentor. Having learned from too many bitter experiences of his own, he had pulled her none-too-gently away from the precipice and reminded her that vengeance was never an acceptable or healthy reason for living.

Jag had taught her, through a different kind of patience, what exactly she had left to live for.

"What is there left worth living for? What do you think is the one thing that no sentient can live without?"

"Love, of course."

"I would have thought you would have understood. There are many who live, who survive without knowing if they are loved, but there is something much stronger than love to sustain any one of us."

The moment that the ship bearing what was left of her husband got clearance to land, she remembered what his answer had been.

"The one thing that no sentient can live without is hope."
    "Jag?"

His answering grunt was not the groggy one that suggested that she was interrupting sleep, but simply that he was on the verge of ignoring her.

It was a sound she had heard many times over the last year and she was beginning to despise it rather than accept the reason why he uttered it.

"Jag," she said more urgently, nudging him hard in the ribs.

"I'm not in the mood," he growled, rolling from his left side onto his stomach and pulling a pillow over his head. "Why won't you leave me in peace?"

Why won't you let me have peace? Are my crimes so great that you don't believe me worthy?

Don't kid yourself, Jaya. Your perpetually impending nervous breakdown knows how unworthy you have been of peace.

"Because I need to tell you something and I won't have peace until I know what you think."

"Fine," he grunted. "I think you're insane and need to let me get some sleep. I've got a mission departure point in four hours."

"I know," she said impatiently. "Just hear me out, okay?"

For a long moment, his explosive breathing suggested that he fully intended to ignore her again, since he tended to huff and puff loud enough to drown her out.

Finally, however, his breathing quieted and his hand extended behind him to search for hers. She slipped her fingers silently into his grasp, then let the tips curl around his hand.

"All right," he said, voice almost apologetic. "I'm listening."

She slid across the sheets to rest fully against him, her flat abdomen expanding against his spine as she let her arm wrap around his strong waist.

"Jag," she said in a whisper, afraid of the audacity of her next statement, "I want another."

His diaphragm expanded abruptly, a sharp intake of air that she felt more than heard, but it did not contract. He was holding his breath until his mind caught up with his pounding heart.

"Breathe," she commanded, a forced levity in her voice. "Asphyxiation is not good for the thought process."

She felt his abdomen deflate under her touch, then resume a more natural rhythm of respiration.

"What are you thinking?"

"That I'm not sure when you decided to reverse our roles."

"I want another."

"Another," she scoffed. "Another to wither under my hands, another for me to kill? What could possibly be the reason to have another?"

"I need something to hope for."

"Then you can hope that I will die. I know you've hoped for that readily enoug

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Warning: from this point out, things will alternate between pretty dark (like that last post) and very light. I've got limited go-ahead from a mod for something you'll see later.

16. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    I've got limited go-ahead from a mod for something you'll see later.

Ishy had to go to a mod for an okay... Maybe I need to buy some stock in the company that makes Kleenex.

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Lol, how perceptive of you, considering it was half your idea!

18. Darth_Suzi

Darth_Suzi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2004
    You killed Jag! :eek:

*Attempts very hard to disguise loud cheering as coughing fit.*

=D= :D :_|

Lovely story, thus far. I see what this mush month has done to you... [face_worried]

I'm very confused by the "I want another one" thing. Does she mean that they already have a baby? Or was she pregnant, and then miscarried after the crash? [face_thinking] Or am I just an idiot?

I've got limited go-ahead from a mod for something you'll see later. Is that the official tissue warning? I'm afraid. Very afraid.

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    That whole thing with "I want another" is supposed to be confusing, leave you wondering what exactly she means by that. And there are major hints throughout the post as to what exactly happened if you look for them. But I'm definitely going to explain sometime.

20. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    *frowns*

Did she conceive, crash her fighter on purpose, lose the baby, want another one? *is confused*

Very nice and dark, if confuzzling.

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Nope, not quite. The crashing the fighter was in response to something, losing the will to live, it will be explained later.

22. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    For crying out loud, when did I ever say he'd come back?!

You didn't, that's just wishful thinking on my part.

That was really dark!!! Sort of confusing, but I think I got that Jaina had gotten pregnant before, lost the baby, and then she and Jag had marital troubles. She decided she wanted to try again, eioght months laster she was pregnant, and then he died. Have I got it?

23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Somewhat...

Oh, I love leaving you poor saps hanging!

24. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I hate cliffies!!!

*sighs* Oh well, you update fairly often, so I'm sure it'll be cleared up soon.

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Heehee, I think I'll leave this unresolved for...6 weeks?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.