main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Happy endings 7/8--All Too Soon--J/J--COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks, MC.

2. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    Kyp is such a goof-up that sometimes he even goofs-up enough to save the day... or date. :D

Yay! They're official. Now get them married off so we can have some angst. :p

3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm working on that post, not to worry.

4. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Wooohooo!! Another Post!! Thanks for the mush!!

And of course little miss Jaina couldn't just throw her arms around his neck and say yes anc cover his face in kisses, she has to be sly about it! But at least she said yes!! (That was a a yes right? It was vaguely worded after all...)

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, yes it was a yes. And the mood was wrong for acting like an 18-year-old.

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    "All right," Mother said with a sigh. "Who are you and what have you done with my daughter?"

Jaina patted her mother on the arm with a bemused smile. "Just because I feel like shopping doesn't mean you should look for signs of Sith possession," she reminded.

"You're going shopping for a dress," Mother protested. "Even Kyp acted more in character when under the influence of Exar Kun."

Jaina stifled a laugh. "Hear that, Eitan?" she lamented. "Your favorite grandmother thinks I'm certifiably insane."

Eitan gurgled in agreement with his favorite grandmother and refocused on more important things, like his toes.

"Six months old," Jaina sighed, "and he's already turning against me. This does not bode well."

"He's like your father," Mother corrected. "Of course teenage rebellion comes a few years too early."

Jaina ignored the jibe, pulling into a parking space instead. "Now, you're not allowed to complain, no matter how last-season the dress is. This is my choice."

"Agreed," Mother conceded, waving a hand in resignation.

Jaina powered down, then turned to retrieve Eitan's carrier from the back seat. Mother dutifully retrieved the other bags, then helped her onto the sidewalk.

"You've been here before?" she queried idly.

"Not once, but it comes highly recommended by Tahiri," Jaina explained. "They're expecting us."

Mother looked rather apprehensive about the idea of shopping somewhere that appealed to the barefoot wonder, but didn't comment any further on the matter.

"What's this dress for, anyway?" she asked as they approached the cashier.

Jaina ignored her. "I'm Jaina Fel," she greeted the woman. "We're here to look at wedding dresses."

Her mother's answering thud was priceless.
    "So, then," Jaina giggled, "the woman keeps bringing out these mountains of white shimmersilk that are only appropriate for debutantes at the age of fifteen. I kept sending her back with more specific instructions, but she wouldn't listen to me. So, finally, I kidnapped Eitan from his doting narcoleptic grandmother and held him up, then said, 'Nothing virginal. This is my child. The secret's out!'"

Dad's laugh was unrestrained and genuine, Kyp's less boisterous, but no less appreciative. Mother simply glowered.

"As it was," Mother interrupted, "it was a nasty trick to pull on someone of my age."

"It's not my fault," Jaina alleged. "I kept trying to work up the nerve to tell you, but it never seemed like the right moment until I forgot that you didn't know..."

"Excuses, excuses," Kyp teased. "I just got Corellian brandy all over my legs when I asked your father if I could borrow you and his grandson on a permanent basis."

"Lucky," Jaina sighed. "The point is, we all survived it."

"And we're very happy for you," Mother assured her. "When do you expect to hold the ceremony?"

"One month," Kyp supplied. "That'll give friends enough time to make the trip and enough time for Eitan to learn how to behave himself."

"Then," Mother said resignedly, "I suppose that means you'll be wanting a smaller wedding this time around."

"I suppose," Jaina mimicked her tone, even though the smirk remained firmly in place. "You've already had your chance to torment me."

"Yes," Mother said, pulling her into a side-embrace, "I just won't ever tire of trying."
    "You're going to wear that as your getaway dress?" Mother spluttered.

Jaina turned, regarding her reflection in the mirror. "You have a complaint to file?"

Mother looked the red, tightly-cinched, low-necked gown over dubiously, then offered a smile. "Not in principle, but it leaves very little to the imagination."

She hid her smile by turning away to retrieve a towel. "Well, Kyp seemed to like it."

"Oh, really," Mother sulked. "You don't think that's bad luck to show it to him before..."

"I meant," Jaina said idly, "he liked it when he saw it on Hapes."

There was a crash. Note to self. Don't spring any more surprises when there are hard surfac

7. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    First reply! Ha!

'Nothing virginal. This is my child. The secret's out!'"

There was a crash. Note to self. Don't spring any more surprises when there are hard surfaces or fragile objects involved.

"Fine," Mother said curtly. "You get sold into slavery and I'll be happy about you wearing that dress."

*dies laughing*

A wonderfully light, humourous post. The wedding was wonderful.

8. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    So, finally, I kidnapped Eitan from his doting narcoleptic grandmother and held him up, then said, 'Nothing virginal. This is my child. The secret's out!'"
    I KNEW I was missing something when I didn't recognize that...

Jaina ignored her. "I'm Jaina Fel," she greeted the woman. "We're here to look at wedding dresses."

That was really, really funny! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

"Fine," Mother said curtly. "You get sold into slavery and I'll be happy about you wearing that dress."

*snrk* That was kinda cold, on both parts.

"I know I'm not supposed to talk to myself," was her whisper to the wind, "but I need some kind of assurance. I know this is what I'm meant to do..."
    BRING ON THE ANGST!

She blushed slightly. "You probably think I'm either crazy for trying to get answers from someone who's left me, sentimental for expecting you to respond, or overly worried about this sort of thing."
    Nah, not really. I talk to fictional characters. :p

"You know that he's a good man, that he'll be good for Eitan. You also know that I won't stop missing you. I won't forget you when I look at Eitan. I just needed to give you one of those 'speak now or forever hold your peace' opportunities."
    :_| :_| Now, this is some good angst!

She couldn't be sure, but there was the phantom imprint of an embrace around her shoulders, reaching around her arms to cradle their son. She leaned back slightly, half-expecting to find solid matter instead of emptiness behind her.
    Talk about nice, Jaggie-ful, angst. :_| :_| :_|

Great post! :D

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm glad you liked those lines. The first was a reference to my little sister's reaction to my engagement. The second is borrowed from Sex and the City where Miranda goes "Nothing virginal, nothing white. I have a child. The jig is up!" The others are my own creation.

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, I had a hard time with that because it seemed so...I don't know...Lion King talking to his dead dad in the stars kind of thing.

11. Mirax_Corran

Jan 25, 2005
    Well, the Lion King talking to his dad in the stars is without the Force. :p

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    How do you know?

13. Mirax_Corran

Jan 25, 2005
    Er, they don't have the Force...I think...Well, this is more realistic, anyways.

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, cool.

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Any other takers or should I start pms?

16. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    "All right," Mother said with a sigh. "Who are you and what have you done with my daughter?" [face_laugh] Sounds like my mother when I told her I was going to prom.

Her mother's answering thud was priceless. [face_laugh]

'Nothing virginal. This is my child. The secret's out!'" [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Very nice job.

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, thanks. :)

18. AvenKiel

Oct 18, 2003
    Yay!!! And now for the conception of Eitan's little sister!!

That was beautiful, it conveyed all of the emotion without the rediculous sappiness that sometimes accompanies weddings.

And what is wrong with wrapping your arms around someone's neck and covering their face in kisses? I'm 19 and I do it all of the time! (okay, not all of the time, but if I had a boyfriend I would!)

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL. I haven't done the covering the face in kisses thing since I was about 7. We're not really demonstrative in my family. Oh, and AK, if you want details about that first comment, I've got a less family-friendly version of the last scene. I'm glad this whole post didn't come off as ridiculously sappy.

20. AvenKiel

Oct 18, 2003
    I would love and devour the unedited version in a pm, thanks!!

We're not really very openly affectionate in my family either, but my former boyfriend, now best friend, was very publicly affectionate, even after 2 and half years! So pda comes pretty naturally to me now. I don't go around kissing people, but if the mood strikes! (lol, j/k)

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Ah, okay, that makes sense. I think I was cured of PDA when I kissed my boyfriend once at a BYU football game and my sister told my dad that we had our hands all over each other, so I got chewed out for 30 minutes.

22. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    Great postie! Loved it all, but especially the Jaina/Leia interaction. Once again, I'm reminded of my own mother...

(*little sister yells*"Mommy! Aus and Josh are kissing!" *mother slams down meat pounder onto the formica countertop. "Where's my tazer??")

*rolls eyes*

Esta bien! [:D] I will look forward to more!

~*~Austyn

23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, I love "Where's my tazer??"! Thanks.

24. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Oh wow. Funny, sweet, sentimental . . . in other words: just perfect! :D :D

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    In other words, thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.