Beyond - Legends Happy endings 7/8--All Too Soon--J/J--COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Master

star 6
    I know! Ah, Aragorn with a lightsaber, mmm... It can replace Anduril any day. :p
  2. DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    LOL, and we have 901 posts now!
  3. DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    HAPPY 24th BIRTHDAY, DANTANASKYWALKER! This post is in your honor, since you're the one who hasn't ever shot down my ambition to write Kyp and Jaina and have been my helpful sounding board much more than I deserve.
    "You look like you had a long day."

Jaina gave her husband's wrist a playful smack with the stirring spoon, sending him back a few paces to a more obedient distance.

"Of course I had a long day," she mused, not turning to look at him. "Rael had to go to the medics for vaccinations so she can be cleared for our so-called vacation next week, Cal Omas tried to drag me back onto the Council for the seventy-fifth time..."

"This week," he added helpfully.

"Exactly," she agreed. "In the end, he settled for me agreeing to look over a few documents on the way to Ossus."

"Hmm," he grunted, reaching over her shoulder to dip a finger into the sauce. "You need to stop being so blasted accomodating."

"Oh, come on," she teased. "It's for the good of the government and it'll give you some quality time with your daughter."

He pulled a face, though he was obviously teasing. "Anything to make me babysit, eh?"

"Since you don't get the chance to do so very often," she teased. "This morning, Rael asked me when Colonel Durron was going to come home."

She turned just in time to catch a glimpse of his grimace. "What's Colonel Durron's first name?" he inquired. "Did she say?"

"Daddy," Jaina supplied with a slight grin.

"Good," he sighed. "As long as she remembers that, we'll be set."

She rolled her eyes, then stepped away from the cooktop. "If you're going to be so witty, go entertain the food on the way to the table and tell Rael to wash her hands."

"Not until you tell me why you look so tired."

She glowered, setting the spoon aside. "I told you," she said impatiently. "They're headaches. They get pretty bad sometimes, but they're nothing to worry about."

This was a partial truth. This was a familiar subject only because she had been exhausted for the last month with these headaches. She managed to shield herself for most of the time so that he could only judge their severity by external signs, but he hadn't missed the fact that there were some nights when the pain would only let her sleep two hours at a time.

They were nothing to worry about because, with a six-year-old bundle of energy and an eight-year-old away from home at the Jedi Academy for the first time, she didn't have time to worry about them.

"You'll forgive me for disagreeing..."

"No I won't," she retorted with a smirk.

"You don't look like you've forgotten to worry about them," he blurted. "Besides, I tried to comm you four times this morning and got nothing."

"I had an upset stomach," she admitted.

"Upset stomach and constant exhaustion?" he expounded. "Are you sure you're not pregnant again?"

I'm not sure of anything at this point.

"Probably not," she shrugged, "but not for lack of trying. It must have been that new recipe..."

"You're not fooling me," he interrupted, "and I don't think you're fooling Rael, either. She's worried about you."

She shook her head in disgust, but could not respond with the prepared jibe because the world suddenly went severely off-kilter. Her hand scrabbled for purchase as she attempted to regain her balance, but in her distraction, she grabbed the still-blistering edge of the burner instead.

"BLAST!" she snarled, jerking her hand away before any further damage could be done.

Kyp grabbed her hand and pulled her over to the sink, running her hand under cold water as she stared dumbly at the developing blisters.

This should hurt a lot, but I seem to be dealing with worse every day.

"You got dizzy," he observed through gritted teeth. "Doesn't that worry you?"

Stop being overprotective. I get that enough from Jacen.

"If it didn't," she responded, "I wouldn't have made an appointment with Jas Retaran tomorrow."

His lips pressed against her forehead briefly. "Good
  4. AvenKiel Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Okay, did I miss something? This last post is a few years after the previous one right?

Wow, you sure now how to lay on the bad luck!!! Great post!
  5. DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    It's seven years later, which is why Eitan is 8 and Rael is 6. Rael's also Force-blind. And the bad luck is preestablished by Long Time Passing.
  6. Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Oh, poor Jaina!

:(

I hope the treatment works out for them ... but I think I might see where Jag's appearance is coming from now.
  7. DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    LOL, yay, someone got the idea.
  8. Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ok, so you're tying the stories together....

And I'm gonna :_| all over again.
  9. DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    Well, yes, that's the idea.
  10. Mirax_Corran Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, poor Jaina and Kyp and Rael and Eitan! :_| :_|

I don't see how Jag is coming. :oops: *is dense*

But great post! :D
  11. DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    Well, I said he wasn't coming back to life, but what if she's coming to death? MAJOR HINT HERE!
  12. Mirax_Corran Jedi Master

star 4
    I know that Jag isn't coming back - though I wish he was :p - but I don't get how you can bring him in. Unless he shows up when Jaina's not quite dead...
  13. DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    *sigh* do you not believe in the afterlife?
  14. Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan

star 4
    *raises hands* I do. :D But that's just me. :p I have to say though, I didn't remember the part about seeing Jag again until those last few comments. :oops:
  15. DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    Oh, good, one person not hounding me about him not showing up yet. ;)
  16. Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan

star 4
    She glowered, setting the spoon aside. "I told you," she said impatiently. "They're headaches. They get pretty bad sometimes, but they're nothing to worry about."

And that's when the bad feeling came.

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it, as soon as I read that line.... :_| And I at last see how Jag comes in.... :_|

I really loved how you tied it in with Long Time Passing.
  17. Mirax_Corran Jedi Master

star 4
    *is slow* What's Long Time Passing?
  18. Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Wait, wait, wait. [face_shame_on_you] How come YOU can call other users 'mijita', when I'M the one who lives in Mexico (ok, not quite, but practically), and you live much farther north. *blinks* Oh. Wait. You did live in Mexico. :p *smacks forehead, mumbling*

Yeah. I called TahiriSoloFan that once. Only to find out a day later that she was a good 15 years my senior. :p

And my silly rambling has ended. *waves conductor's signal for "fin"*

~*~Austyn
  19. DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    Okay, I haven't ever been to mexico, much less lived there. I just worked for 19 months with Hispanic immigrants in the San Fernando and Antelope Valleys. As for calling Idrelle 'mijita,' it's a matter of the fact that she's my trainee. When I trained missionaries, we would always call them our 'little daughters'--mijitas--as a sign of affection. So she's the same thign. I call argentlife min lilla dotter because that's swedish for the same thing.
  20. DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    Smuggler_Shidakis--She glowered, setting the spoon aside. "I told you," she said impatiently. "They're headaches. They get pretty bad sometimes, but they're nothing to worry about."

And that's when the bad feeling came.

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it, as soon as I read that line.... And I at last see how Jag comes in....

I really loved how you tied it in with Long Time Passing.

Yay, I love it when SOMEONE gets it. I don't want to go "Look, people, they're all going to die!" because it's not true and it's not fair. Not EVERYONE is going to die. And Jaina-death is in honor of Lt_Jaina_Solo, the Wizard of Awwwwwwwwwws winner. And yeah, you definitely should have known it because the whole first scene was the expansion of two paragraphs in LTP where it says "Okay, they have a 6-year-old and Jaina has a migraine."

Mirax_Corran--*is slow* What's Long Time Passing?

Long Time Passing was my second-ever K/J story, written for the Valentine's Day challenge. It's now at the archive and it's about how K/J fell in love and then how she dies of a brain tumor.
  21. Mirax_Corran Jedi Master

star 4
    I think I read the beginning of that one...Maybe the whole thing...I thought the plot seemed familiar...I just didn't know that you wrote it...Good fic...First K/J I ever read...I'm babbling... :p
  22. DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    Well, if you haven't read the ending, the whole fic's only 14 pages, so you can, but if you don't want to know yet, just read this.
  23. Mirax_Corran Jedi Master

star 4
    S'okay. In that one, Kyp proposed in the snow, correct?

(I tend to mix up fics - asked you if you were the one who killed Mara :p )
  24. Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Master

star 6
    First thought: Hasn't Ishy done this before?

Second thought: Wait... uh oh, know I know where Jag's appearance is probably going to be from...

Third thought: Ishy, you're mean! (meant nicely, of course. Dunno how it can be a compliment though :p)
  25. DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    Mirax_Corran--S'okay. In that one, Kyp proposed in the snow, correct?

Right.

(I tend to mix up fics - asked you if you were the one who killed Mara )

Exactly.

Idrelle_Miocovani--First thought: Hasn't Ishy done this before?

What's wrong with that? ;)

Second thought: Wait... uh oh, know I know where Jag's appearance is probably going to be from...

"ebenezer...ebenezer..."

Third thought: Ishy, you're mean! (meant nicely, of course. Dunno how it can be a compliment though )

Believe me, I take it as one.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.