Beyond Happy endings 7/8--All Too Soon--J/J--COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Heck, I married Corellian pride [face_laugh]

"Fate's always been cruel," she countered with a slight laugh. "I just want it to ignore us for a few months. Think we can manage that?" I love that line.

Awww, poor Jaina!

Great job!
  2. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    LOL, I like the line about marrying Corellian pride, too.
  3. Arin_Atona Force Ghost

star 4
    Jaina: I'm not dead!

Shut up, you're not fooling anybody.

Jaina: I don't want to go on the cart.
  4. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    LOL. "I'm feeling much better!"
  5. Jags_Scoundrel Force Ghost

star 4
    Boy, I'm feeling even denser than usual . . . I can't believe I didn't see something like this coming. :oops:

It always seems a bit weird to me to say "Great post! :D" after a tear-jerker like that one, but I think you know what I mean.
  6. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    LOL, yeah, I know what you mean and thanks!
  7. Lola64 Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok. I've been out of the loop it seems. Missed the whole wedding thing but that's ok. You know when I read this last post dejavu occurred so I had to find where I read it before. Found it.

Neat how you brought that other piece into this. I would never had expected that.

It's very sad, anyone that has to go through this. Obviously for seven years they had been happy together. Poor Kyp. Poor children.

But I'm actually looking forward to Jag coming in the picture. I get where you're going with this and can't wait to see their reunion.

And as for Kyp, you know he's my favorite, and I think he's been such a good egg throughout this whole story. I'm going to cry for him. I just know it.

8. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    LOL, it was dejavu all over again the second time, eh? I didn't expect to bring Long Time Passing into this when I started writing this story in December, since I got the idea for LTP for the Valentine's Day challenge. It's very sad that they'll be going through this.. I'm glad you get where I'm going this. I hope you do cry for Kyp.
  9. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    There's a huge post coming, 8 pages so far and not even close to being finished. Yay for days off!
  10. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    Mmm, huge posts are lovely. And I thought my three paged battle scene was a lot. :D
  11. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    LOL, that's still always good when it's your kind of battle scene.
  12. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    They did not speak of it on the three-day trip to Ossus. There was simply no need, since Rael was becoming accustomed to Mami?s extra naps and didn?t complain as long as Daddy was available for playtime instead. Jaina tried to be as accommodating as possible, letting Rael help her with repairs, making fun desserts to eat after the ?yucksees? vegetables, or just telling bedtime stories.

It was nothing particularly new, since Rael had graduated from the ?Mami Durron School of Repair Helpers? a few months before and had been enthusiastic?or sometimes a little too enthusiastic?about putting her skills to work. She was a willing test subject for anything with lots of sweetener and insisted on contributing to the bedtime stories.

Everything was perfectly normal, except for the fact that this would not last long.

There was no telling how long Jaina?s focus would last. She had first complained about the ailment, not because of the headaches, but because she would become too dizzy or too clumsy to handle the simple tasks like making dinner or fixing the comm unit. The first day passed with no incidents, but Kyp had hurriedly distracted Rael with a readerchip when he sensed Jaina?s mental panic on the second day. He?d returned at a dead run to the maintenance bay to find her unconscious and bleeding from a gash on her cheekbone. She had avoided Kyp?s gaze when she laughingly told Rael that she had tripped on her own hydrospanner, but when he broached the subject later that night, when Rael was in bed and he was supplying a footrub, she still looked away.

?I don?t want to talk about it,? she stated with typical obstinacy, ?especially not with her.?

?You don?t have to tell her the details,? Kyp insisted, ?but if you keep this up, she won?t be able to understand why her Mami had to leave her.?

Her eyes focused on him abruptly and there was no reticence there as she chastised him without ever opening her mouth. ?How am I supposed to make her understand when I don?t think I ever will??

I don?t know. I want you to make her understand so maybe I can. It?s probably one of the more selfish things I?ve wanted in my life.

He stood, sliding one hand along her leg to steady himself as he moved to sit by her. She immediately shifted, letting her head rest in his lap. This was always an invitation for some old-fashioned gestures of comfort, so he willingly obliged, letting his fingers run through her hair from root to tip.

?I always hear about phantom pains when a limb is amputated,? Jaina observed, ?but I think that I?m going to have phantom pains when I?m bald and you can?t do this any more.?

Me, too.

?How are you going to tell them??

She turned her face away again, inspiring a spark of frustration that he could not put into words, only try to shield.

?I don?t suppose not telling them is an option??

?Oh,? he snorted, ?that will be good for their psychological development.?

?And watching me die will be?? She heaved a sigh, shaking her head. ?I?m not going to pretend this will be easy for any of us.?

But you?ll be able to see an end to your suffering. We?ll be left with the aftermath.

Stop thinking so selfishly. You?re treating this as if she were preparing for a holiday that she didn?t invite you on, not a matter of life and death.

?I?m going to need your help,? she continued simply. ?I don?t have all the right words for this and neither do you, but maybe if we make it a joint effort??

?I wouldn?t think of doing it any other way,? he protested.
    Not surprisingly, Luke was the first to pick up on the idea that something was not right. She just hadn?t expected him to make the connection within thirty seconds of reuniting.

?You?re not well,? he stammered as he withdrew from the embrace.

She pushed him away gently with a smile that was not as genuine as his frown. ?I?ve just spent three days in hyperspace,? she teased. ?Of course I?m not well.?

?That?s not what I mean,? he corrected. ?What?s going on??

?Where?s
  13. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Thanks to my readers who have kept me from becoming insane and who have at times driven me insane, but still manage to make me want to write for them. Thanks to Dana who kept me from giving up and taking easy way outs on certain parts.
  14. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Oh, and the sequel, which still needs a title, will be started either tonight or tomorrow. It may or may not have a title by then.
  15. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    ISHY!

:_| That was so sad... 19 pages of angst, half a page of mush, but so worth it. I love how you have the titles -- Long Time Passing and All Too Soon -- in there. This is such a beautiful fic, I think I'll go cry some more.

Luckily, I'm not listening to Padme's Ruminations or I'd be howling right now. :p

I love the beginning of this post though; with Jaina, Kyp, Luke and Eitan. :) It made me smile.

This was fantastic and I can't wait to read the "sequel."
  16. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Awww, thanks. I'm glad you liked the rather tentative use of the titles. Take the Ep3 soundtrack off for a few hours, just in case, but you don't have to be this funny/sweet.

And I'm looking forward to the "sequel" which is, at the moment entitled "The fourth part of the inappropriately named trilogy that's not actually a sequel".
  17. Mirax_Corran Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay, first off, I'm totally speechless. And crying. :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

"Your most humble acolyte, your love, your lover.
    Your Kyp."

Remember what I said about not being converted? Well, I take it back. That was soooooooooooooo sweet! And so sad.

?You came back to me all too soon,? Jag lamented, ?but what took you so long??
    Awwwwwwww! [face_love] [face_love]

?It?s kinder than you?d think,? a new voice interjected.

She?d never heard that voice speak, but the name of its owner came to her immediately as she turned to embrace the daughters that the Force had preserved as beautiful young women with their father?s eyes, their grandmother?s smile, and their mother?s features.

Mered, right? :D :D

Overall, that was a fabulous ending! Angsty and angsty, and I loved it!
  18. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    '

HA! I knew I'd convert someone! Now off to write J/J... Glad you enjoyed. That "Your most humble..." part and the letter scene were both from Long Time Passing. I liked Jag's line about "What took you so long?"

And there are two of them--Mered and Ailena. Yes, that was angsty and angsty and I"m glad you liked it.
  19. Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Master

star 4
    :_|:_|:_|

That's a happy ending?

*bawls*

Well, at least she's reunited with Jag and her daughters, so it's happy for them if not for Kyp and Rael and Eitan.

Once again, an excellent story. Brava, brava, bravissima. =D=

Just a thought, now.... what happens when Kyp dies too, hm? She'll hav to deal with both husbands at once. :p
  20. oldjedinurse Jedi Master

star 4
    :_| For Kyp losing her.

:_| For Jag coming to get her.

[face_love] That there's a sequel to these two beautiful fics!

Fantastic, Ish.

oldj
  21. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Smuggler_Shidakis--That's a happy ending?

OH, force, I can't please anyone!

*bawls*

::patiently hands over yet more kleenex.::

Well, at least she's reunited with Jag and her daughters, so it's happy for them if not for Kyp and Rael and Eitan.

Yes, well, everyone's been whining about the lack of Jag, so I thought y'all'd be happy with the reunion. And yes, any post-mortem experience is sad for someone.

Once again, an excellent story. Brava, brava, bravissima.

Thank you, thank you.

Just a thought, now.... what happens when Kyp dies too, hm? She'll hav to deal with both husbands at once.

I'm not dealing with that story--can we say 'ship war from hell? But yeah, they'd all be happily-ever-aftering!

oldjedinurse-- For Jag coming to get her.

Awww, thanks.

That there's a sequel to these two beautiful fics!

Three, actually, and it's not quite a sequel because it precedes this one.

Fantastic, Ish.

Thanks.
  22. Mirax_Corran Force Ghost

star 4
    I knew I'd convert someone!
    Well, not totally converted. I'll just ship them both. :p
  23. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Well, that's how I am. Good enough. :)
  24. Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Master

star 4
    OH, force, I can't please anyone!

I probably should've put a ' :p ' after that... Trust me, I'm very pleased. Though it is very sad.

I'm not dealing with that story--can we say 'ship war from hell?

Lol, can't blame you for that...
  25. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Oh, good. I've been so relieved to be done with this bloody thing that to have someone not do the :p was ready to make me *headdesk*
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.