Beyond - Legends Happy endings 7/8--All Too Soon--J/J--COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sorry. I forget to indicate when I'm joking sometimes...

2. Lola64 Jedi Master

star 4
    :_| I cried! I cried for Kyp.

I can't believe how great this was. I'm so glad that Jaina is with Jag and the girls. But my heart breaks for Kyp and Rael.

Lola volunteers for OC duty and love interest for Kyp.

Can't wait to see what's in your wicked little mind for a sequal.

3. DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    Don't forget Eitan! He's still left behind. And yeah, I actually did cry when writing the scene where he strikes Retaran because it was one of the ones that just hit me very hard. LOL, I've never seen a SW character named Lola.
  4. BigFatty Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ish,

Beautiful job. Pardon me for not being able to read all of it. The disease I modified and gave Nawra in my story (ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease) killed my Mom. I can write about it and make Nawra funny and stuff, but reading your words and the struggle Jaina and her family go through in this story and it's companion is almost too much for me, so pardon me for skipping over those sections. But that is only a compliment to how accurate your are writing.

So happy to see the parial family reunion at the end. Can't wait to see where you go with this.
  5. DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    I thought it was ALS. Sorry to hear about it. I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of it and I can understand why it's hard. ::Hugs.::
  6. JediFarfy Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't really know how to respond except with

:_|

JediFarfy
  7. DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master

star 9
  8. MaraJade1225 Jedi Master

star 2
    :_| wow ish....that was quite possibly the saddest thing i have ever read...the part that got me was when Jaina told Jacen and Luke....soo sad..:(

MaraJ
  9. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    But you?ll be able to see an end to your suffering. We?ll be left with the aftermath. That line really got me. I had a grandfather with alzheimers and it was good to know he wouldn't suffer anymore, but really hard to get over.

?Thus saith the girl who was fighting mutant Sith creatures with my lightsaber only a couple of months after being ?fresher trained,? Luke retorted. [face_laugh] That's great!

?That wasn?t my child,? she reminded, planting her hands on her hips, ?and you were out of your mind.? Were out of his mind? I don't that that's changed too much. :p

I still don?t know how I?m going to explain to Eitan that he?s going to lose me as well. I don?t know what to say to Rael about what she?s going to see in the next months. I don?t know?? :_| Aww, poor Eitan! He's lost both birth parents! Poor Rael too!

?Can?t you take yucky juice?? Eitan protested.

Jaina had to smile at the familiar phrase used for medicines. ?No, there?s no juice yucky enough to make me feel better.?
    Awwww.

She would not let his life stand still while she lost her own. That is so sweet. So Jaina.

Kyp's letter was... wow.

The ending was beautiful. Wonderful job! I literally have tears in my eyes.

=D= =D= =D=
  10. DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    MaraJade1225-- wow ish....that was quite possibly the saddest thing i have ever read...the part that got me was when Jaina told Jacen and Luke....soo sad..

I'm glad that it came off as sad rather than being really painfully melodramatic. I borrowed parts from Long Time Passing just because that fic was so...well...I just felt like it finally had what I meant to say in it. I'm still nervous about parts of the last post, like Kyp attacking the doctor, but I figure that was a very low blow.

FelsGoddess--But you?ll be able to see an end to your suffering. We?ll be left with the aftermath. That line really got me. I had a grandfather with alzheimers and it was good to know he wouldn't suffer anymore, but really hard to get over.

I had a friend with cancer of this sort and that's where I got the impression of the challenge of being the survivor. As I was writing this, my best friend actually called to tell me that her Dad's not expected to live more than a few more days and that distraught nature kind of seeped into this post.

?Thus saith the girl who was fighting mutant Sith creatures with my lightsaber only a couple of months after being ?fresher trained,? Luke retorted. That's great!

Sorry, had to get in my little snark at KJA's idea of what toddlers can do.

?That wasn?t my child,? she reminded, planting her hands on her hips, ?and you were out of your mind.? Were out of his mind? I don't that that's changed too much.

It's more polite than mentioning that your husband had Sith-possessed the crap out of his puny self and left him for dead and THAT'S why all these n00b Jedi had to take on the mutant Sith creatures.

I still don?t know how I?m going to explain to Eitan that he?s going to lose me as well. I don?t know what to say to Rael about what she?s going to see in the next months. I don?t know?? Aww, poor Eitan! He's lost both birth parents! Poor Rael too!

Yeah, poor them both. I'm tempted to write an Eitan vignette about his parents and losing them.

?Can?t you take yucky juice?? Eitan protested.

Jaina had to smile at the familiar phrase used for medicines. ?No, there?s no juice yucky enough to make me feel better.? Awwww.

:( You had to remind me of that line. *sniff*

She would not let his life stand still while she lost her own. That is so sweet. So Jaina.

Thanks.

Kyp's letter was... wow.

The ending was beautiful. Wonderful job! I literally have tears in my eyes.

Thanks. The original challenge had to have a love letter in there somewhere, if I'm not mistaken and I loved writing that and loved having to have him read it to her.
  11. Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master

star 4
    :_| :_| :_|
    ** sniffle **

Let me guess - you own stock in whatever company makes Kleenex, don't you? ;)

All kidding aside, that was an absolutely beautiful ending to a wonderful story.! =D= :D

Now, on to the sequel . . . ah, I mean prequel . . . oh, you know what I mean!
  12. DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    Hmmm, I hadn't thought of making an investment in the Kleenex stock, but now I think I will!
  13. Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Wow. First off I must aplluad you for an awesome story, that inadvertantly helped me with an ending that I need to write for my viggie (don't worry. It's a completely different storyline than this ;)). And secondly, if I haven't already said this, you are the only writer that could possibly cause me to read a K/J ship. Normally I'd stop reading the fic, but this was too good to let go. Bravo Ishy. :)

-Vicster
  14. DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master

star 9
  15. Aniakera Jedi Youngling

star 1
    :_| You are an amazing author. I have tears in my eyes...

I just finished reading all three of these in the last few hours or so. I am a staunch J/Jer, and its great how you could bring in Kyp and still make me want to read it. You did a great job. I almost stopped after the first chapter of this one, but I had to keep reading (even without Jag!)

There were so many things about this fic that struck me, like Jaina telling Jacen and Luke, the final scene with Kyp (and Jag) in the garden, Jag's death, etc. You have an amazing penchant for writing lifelike scenes, that I can imagine being there, imagine what's happening.

You are such a good angst writer that I need to go read a happy story! But really, this is a great trilogy. I won't say you've converted me to K/Jism, but you've opened my mind to it at least. It's been a while before a story has made me want to cry :_| But your characterizations were spot-on, the dialogue was great, and the plot developed well.

Kudos for a such a great story.

Aniakera
  16. DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    LOL, I love hearing from the staunch J/Jers who decided to stick this out anyway. Thanks for doing so. I'm glad you feel it was lifelike. I'm glad I was able to open your mind to K/Jism.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.