main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Happy endings 7/8--All Too Soon--J/J--COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Meep! :eek: :_| :eek: :_|

I feel like someone shot my puppy :( How coudl you do this, Ish? What could possibly motivate you to be so evil! :( ;)

Great (if angsty, weepy) chapter!

"The one thing that no sentient can live without is hope."
    Great, great line. :)

"Jag," she said in a whisper, afraid of the audacity of her next statement, "I want another."

His diaphragm expanded abruptly, a sharp intake of air that she felt more than heard, but it did not contract. He was holding his breath until his mind caught up with his pounding heart.

I love Jag's reaction :)

"Come on," Jaina had whined at one particularly discouraging doctor. "It was easy enough to get myself 'with child' the first time. What's the difference now."

"I don't know," he answered flippantly. "Maybe you should ask the person who took her X-wing into an intentional nosedive five months ago. She did enough damage that it's half a miracle that anything's working anymore."

Meep! :eek: She tried to commit suicide? :_|

He never asked in those first minutes why they'd had to pry her free of a demolished fighter in the first place.
    Aww! I [face_love] Jag.

I need this to be fixed. Jag can't be dead! :( I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this... Or maybe not ;)

~LtJS @};-

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Lt_Jaina_Solo:Meep!

I feel like someone shot my puppy How coudl you do this, Ish? What could possibly motivate you to be so evil!

Ask Laura. She went "more angst" and my mind went "hey, I've been kicking around this one idea for a while. She'd LOVE it."

Great (if angsty, weepy) chapter!

::passes out kleenex.::

"The one thing that no sentient can live without is hope."
    Great, great line.

That q&a is based on a true conversation with a Holocaust survivor.

"Jag," she said in a whisper, afraid of the audacity of her next statement, "I want another."

His diaphragm expanded abruptly, a sharp intake of air that she felt more than heard, but it did not contract. He was holding his breath until his mind caught up with his pounding heart.
    I love Jag's reaction

It was hard to write that because I knew exactly what was happening, but didn't want to make it too technical for non-singers to enjoy.

"Come on," Jaina had whined at one particularly discouraging doctor. "It was easy enough to get myself 'with child' the first time. What's the difference now."

"I don't know," he answered flippantly. "Maybe you should ask the person who took her X-wing into an intentional nosedive five months ago. She did enough damage that it's half a miracle that anything's working anymore."
    Meep! She tried to commit suicide?

Well, you'll see why very soon.

He never asked in those first minutes why they'd had to pry her free of a demolished fighter in the first place.
    Aww! I Jag.

You do to everyone!

I need this to be fixed. Jag can't be dead! I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this... Or maybe not

IF you think he can't be dead, you won't look forward to this.

3. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Ask Laura. She went "more angst" and my mind went "hey, I've been kicking around this one idea for a while. She'd LOVE it."
    Laura! I blame you! :mad: ;)

I think I remember that

It was hard to write that because I knew exactly what was happening, but didn't want to make it too technical for non-singers to enjoy.
    I actually understood it! *feels singer smart*

You're evil. You are really truly evil. I'm having trouble believing this has a happy ending :(

You do to everyone!
    I can't help it! I think I'm genetically predisposed to aww people :p

I'm going to live in a world of denial :p

~LtJS @};-

4. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003

awesum post!

and... if UUUU had to go to a mod...

oh lord.. i knew there wuz more than one story that would cause me to buy out klennex.. (COUGH COUGH TKLLLLLLLLL COUGH COUGH!)

5. Anastasia_Fel

Anastasia_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Heehee, I think I'll leave this unresolved for...6 weeks?

[face_not_talking] Evil Ishy...

Let's do it!!

6. jaya_tharen

jaya_tharen Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2004
    Heehee, I think I'll leave this unresolved for...6 weeks?

oh no, oh no, oh no. You just cannot do that to me! My doctor says that if I go into postie withdrawl one more time, there could be serious mental damage! Not good.

You are an evil sithy, leaving us guessing with nothing more than a tissue alert? Evil, evil, evil sithy.

I should take lessons from you. I can't seem to keep my readers hooked!

Overall, awesome post. Very confusing and sad and depressing and....you know.

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Lt_Jaina_Solo--Ask Laura. She went "more angst" and my mind went "hey, I've been kicking around this one idea for a while. She'd LOVE it."
    Laura! I blame you!

Yes, break her kneecaps during track practice! No, wait, that statement is TOS violation because it encourages criminal conduct. Anyway, J/k.

I think I remember that

I don't remember where I read it. I've also been reading a memoir of a girl who was mauled by wild dogs when she was 6, lost her mother at an early age, and was a teenage mother, and she has some really profound thoughts on grieving and surviving tragedy. That's mostly research for my Jedi Purges fic, but some of it works here.

I actually understood it! *feels singer smart*

Awww, hon, you're smart!

You're evil. You are really truly evil. I'm having trouble believing this has a happy ending

I never promised a happy ending, just some mush.

You do to everyone!
    I can't help it! I think I'm genetically predisposed to aww people

So you're awwwwwsome?

I'm going to live in a world of denial

You already do. Join the club with the rest of my entourage.

JAGSGURL15--awesum post!

Thanks...

and... if UUUU had to go to a mod...

Well, Dantana is a very nice person who knows how paranoid I am that I'll get kicked off for some TOS violation that I didn't understand, so when i come to her and go "Dana, can I do this?", she gives me the straight story or puts it on a condition. It's very helpful.

oh lord.. i knew there wuz more than one story that would cause me to buy out klennex.. (COUGH COUGH TKLLLLLLLLL COUGH COUGH!)

Read All the Wrong Places sometimes. It's about 10 times more depressing than this will ever be and I couldn't repost it because now it violates the family friendly standards.

Anastasia_Fel--Heehee, I think I'll leave this unresolved for...6 weeks?

Evil Ishy...

Let's do it!!

NO! No WAY! I like my readers. ::All-encompassing hug.::

jaya_tharen--Heehee, I think I'll leave this unresolved for...6 weeks?

oh no, oh no, oh no. You just cannot do that to me! My doctor says that if I go into postie withdrawl one more time, there could be serious mental damage! Not good.

That explains a lot...J/K! See above comment. I won't do it to you.

You are an evil sithy, leaving us guessing with nothing more than a tissue alert? Evil, evil, evil sithy.

Thank you!

I should take lessons from you. I can't seem to keep my readers hooked!

Well, I always screw it up by killing off someone or saying something and having half of my readers decide to boycott me.

Overall, awesome post. Very confusing and sad and depressing and....you know.

Yeah, it's meant to be.

8. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    I guess I better strap in and get ready. And make sure I have pleanty of Kleenex on hand.

Very sad, a little confusing, but always great.

*green_eyes*

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Don't worry, like I said, it's supposed to be confusing right now.

10. Anastasia_Fel

Sep 10, 2004
    *shakes head*

My doctor says that if I go into postie withdrawl one more time, there could be serious mental damage! Not good.

That's rich coming from you Jaya, There used to be a post everyday on your story but now... :p

There's just escape plans, blueprints, the usual

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Come on, come on, settle down.

12. Anastasia_Fel

Sep 10, 2004
    I know Ish, it's just that me and Jaya have this joke going where both of us are in the Mental hospital. Seriously though, I don't know how she writes all these stories, all my plot bunnies are going to my LOTR story, not my J/J one, :(

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Lol, okay, now that makes sense. :) I'm working on a very evilly emotionally draining post right now and going nuts.

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Mered Iella Fel had simply given them something more concrete than hope to believe in. There was no other way to describe her properly.

Uncle Luke had taken quickly to calling her Merediya, the nickname that implied a small treasure, and it had become a quick and plausible way of distinguishing her from her favorite 'aunt.'

Neither parents needed any nickname to remind them that they had been given a small treasure.

Mered Senior, Jaina's old friend and wingmate, had visited only a few days before it happened, coddling and cooing over her namesake and babbling at the five-week-old child in a manner that was most unbecoming a Commander in the Alliance Starfighter Command, much less a decorated heroine.

Neither of them had cared.

They'd shared in the laughter and the silliness and Merediya had added a few squeals of her own to show her support of the entire endeavor.

"You need to get one of your own," Jaina teased. "You're getting too old..."

"Wait," Mered laughed. "Who outstrips me by a full twenty-seven days?"

"Twenty-seven days and two hundred seventy years of anguish," Jaina corrected.

"I won't argue there," Mered murmured, letting her 'niece's' upturned nose rest against hers. "Your Mami has had her fair share of bad days."

"Thanks to your Aunt Mered," Jaina burbled, hands reaching over to retrieve her daughter. "Hopefully, she won't be giving me any more of those."

Mered settled back against the couch, hands clasped over her abdomen as she regarded mother and daughter wistfully.

"If you let me come for playtime once in a while," she sighed, "I think I can arrange to stop pestering you on other matters."

Jaina relaxed her arms, letting her baby girl sag against her shoulder in wearied contentment.

"What do you think, Merediya," she queried. "Is that a fair trade?"

Merediya gave an approving gurgle before finding Jaina's hair more delectable.

"I think," Jaina laughed, "we have ourselves a deal."

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    All right, you people. You've sobbed and pleaded so much that, though i had a very evil post planned, I couldn't bear to break more hearts and only posted the happy part of the post. Enjoy this while you can. You now know: 1) why there's another 2) what her name was...

16. Myria

Myria Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2004
    _delete_

17. kellaina

kellaina Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2004
    Is it wrong that I want to read the evil part?

Great job though, I really like how you balance the angst with the characters memories. The context of the angst makes it more powerful than if it was just angsty stuff alone.

Great work!

18. Jedi_Alexis

Jedi_Alexis Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2004
    I like the evilness! Don't get me wrong, the nice and happy stuff is great too, but as I said before, bring on the angst! *grins a little evilly, but then quickly puts a sad expression* Um... This is all so sad though.

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    That's part of it, myri, but it's much more complicated than that. i just haven't told you yet. :)

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    kellaina--Is it wrong that I want to read the evil part?

Not at all. It's what I like to read best.

Great job though, I really like how you balance the angst with the characters memories. The context of the angst makes it more powerful than if it was just angsty stuff alone.

Well, pretty soon, the characters' memories are going to be extremely angsty and that's the part I have to run by a mod.

Jedi_Alexis--I like the evilness! Don't get me wrong, the nice and happy stuff is great too, but as I said before, bring on the angst! *grins a little evilly, but then quickly puts a sad expression* Um... This is all so sad though.

That's so cute. :) Bring on the angst, indeed! I'll try as soon as I can find Dantana.

21. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That was sweet!! Was? Great, you're gonna kill the kid.

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    ::Gives her the look that Anakin receives so much in AOTC--bemused superiority.::

Possibly. Or I could massively be leading y'all astray.

23. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    awesum post!

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Will up this TPCSP, but have to get approval first. It will, however, be a very big post.

25. Anastasia_Fel

Sep 10, 2004
    Oh, I've become accustom to angst, so why stop now Ish? :D

So sweet, now is the time someone gets killed..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.