main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Happy FanFiction Writer’s Birthday!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Happy Birthday, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Jedi Padawan

Mar 4, 2017
    Hello! It's been a while since we have had a dedicated Happy Birthday thread on the forums, and with the mod's permission I have decided to bring it back!

This thread is for acknowledgement of JC fanfic community members' birthdays. I will post a daily "On this date" message and announce any birthdays to be celebrated.

NOTE: ONLY those people who have sent me a PM giving permission for their birthdays to be announced will have their name and birthday celebrated on this thread. I will accept and post only those users who have PM'd me with their birthdays, as some people do not want personal info given a public viewing and we will respect that.

Send me your birthday, and I will post it on the appropriate date so that we can all wish you a happy birthday! [face_party]

2. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    This is a sweet thread. I don't have a submission, but good luck!

Are you a sock, if you don't mind me asking?

3. Happy Birthday

Mar 4, 2017
    Thanks! This was a pretty popular thread back in the day, and I'm grateful that Briannakin and mavjade gave me the go-ahead to revive it. Yes, this is a sock. You know me better as divapilot. :D

Kahara, Ewok Poet, Chyntuck and 2 others like this.
  4. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
  5. Happy Birthday

Mar 4, 2017
    I've got two people who have PM'ed me with their birthdays already. Who else wants to join the party!?

Chyntuck likes this.
  6. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
  7. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Mine was on Friday - March 03rd. Great idea for a thread!

And I love the part with permissions - it seems kind of awkward otherwise.

Kahara likes this.
  8. Happy Birthday

Mar 4, 2017
    So now we've DOUBLED the number of people at the birthday party!! Please PM me with your birthday so that you can receive muy muy greetings on your special day. [face_party]=D=

Thanks! Glad you like the idea. As for the list of the birthdays, I think I will wait to see if they PM me first. I can always scoop those names up later if I don't hear from people.

Ewok Poet and Kahara like this.
  9. Happy Birthday

Mar 4, 2017
    Today is March 9.

Happy Birthday! To Star Wars’ own Oscar Isaac! (Poe from The Force Awakens) :D[face_party]:xwing:

[​IMG]

Also born on this day: Actor Raul Julia, cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin, mystery writer Mickey Spillane, and chess champion Bobby Fischer.

On this date in history:
    In 1562, Naples, Italy bans kissing in public (punishable by death).
    In 1862, the USS Monitor and the CSS Virginia fight to a draw in the first battle between two ironclad warships.
    In 1959, the Barbie doll debuts at the American International Toy Fair in New York City.
    In 2011, the space shuttle Discovery makes its final landing after 39 flights.

Today’s holiday: Teacher’s Day (Lebanon)

We have no Fanfic birthdays to report. If you’d like your birthday celebrated here, please send me a PM.

Kahara, jcgoble3, mavjade and 4 others like this.
  10. Happy Birthday

Mar 4, 2017
    March 16

Happy Birthday! To Star Wars’ own Alan Tudyk! (K-2SO from Rogue One)

[​IMG]

Also born on this day: Comedian Jerry Lewis, actor Victor Garber, “Heart” musician Nancy Wilson, rapper Flavor Flav, and R&B singer Jhene Aiko.

On this date in history:
    In 1870, the first version of the overture fantasy Romeo and Juliet by Tchaikovsky receives its premiere performance.
    In 1926, Robert Goddard launches the first liquid-fueled rocket. in Auburn, Massachusetts, USA.
    In 1958, the Ford Motor Company produces its 50 millionth automobile.

Today’s holiday: Day of the Book Smugglers (Lithuania)

We have no Fanfic birthdays to report. If you’d like your birthday celebrated here, please send me a PM.

Kahara and Chyntuck like this.
  11. Happy Birthday

Mar 4, 2017
    March 17

Happy Birthday! To Star Wars’ own John Boyega! (Finn from Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens)

[​IMG]

Also born on this day: Russian ballet star Rudolf Nureyev, English fashion designer Alexander McQueen, American actor Gary Sinese, and American singer Nat King Cole.

On this date in history:
    In 1941, President Franklin D. Roosevelt officially opens the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C.
    In 1969, Golda Meir becomes Israel’s first female Prime Minister.
    In 1992, South Africa passes a referendum to end apartheid.

Today’s holiday: Evacuation Day (Suffolk County, Massachusetts, USA)

12. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Finn & Poe are both Pisces!

13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Because we're the best sign. :D Happy birthday, John! All cool Johns are Pisces, too. :D

Kahara likes this.
  14. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I lived in Boston for 4 years and had no idea Evacuation Day was a holiday. I did know Patriot's Day was, which is another American Revolution holiday but Evacuation Day was a new one for me.

Happy Birthday to John and Alan! [face_love]

Happy Birthday, Ewok Poet and Kahara like this.
  15. Happy Birthday

Mar 4, 2017
    March 19
    Happy Birthday! To Star Wars’ own Dermot Crowley! (General Crix Madine from Star Wars- Episode VI: Return of the Jedi)

[​IMG]

Also born on this day: American actors Bruce Willis and Glenn Close, Swiss actress and Bond Girl Ursula Andress, and Wild West lawman Wyatt Earp.

On this date in history:
    In 1895, movie photography begins when Auguste and Louis Lumiere record their first footage using their newly patented cinematograph.
    In 1932, the Sydney Harbor Bridge in Sydney, Australia opens.
    In 1962, singer/songwriter/Nobel Prize winner Bob Dylan releases his first album.

Today’s holiday: Return of the Swallows, which marks the annual return of the swallows to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.

Lady_Misty, Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  16. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    I am a sock, does my sock-birthday count? :D :D :D A challengy one, too! PLUS I SHARE IT WITH MICKEY MOUSE.

Lady_Misty, Kahara and Raissa Baiard like this.
  17. Happy Birthday

Mar 4, 2017
    Aw, you're an adorable sock, warm and fuzzy, but we are going to limit this to actual fan fiction human beings. No socks. :)
    I'd be a baby sock in that case.

Ewok Poet and Kahara like this.
  18. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    But-but, you were born on a 403. WHICH IS FUN.

19. Annamary

Annamary Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2017
    Good idea!!

20. Happy Birthday

Mar 4, 2017
    March 24
    Happy Birthday! To Star Wars’ own Keisha Castle-Hughes (Queen Apailana from Star Wars: Episode III- Return of the Sith)
    Also born on this day: Magician Harry Houdini, actress Jessica Chastain, actor Steve McQueen, economist Andrew Mellon

[​IMG]

On this date in history:
    In 1837, African Canadian men are granted the right to vote in Canada.
    In 1900, the city of New York breaks ground for an “Rapid Transit Railroad” between Manhattan and Brooklyn.
    In 1993, astronomers discover the Shoemaker-Levy comet.

Today’s holiday: National Tree Planting Day (Uganda)

21. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    On this date in history, go to the social thread and see what happened.

Happy birthday, Keisha. :)

22. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    That's very true. However, the aim of the Happy Birthday thread is celebratory and it would be inappropriate to celebrate such a tragic, horrifying event. No slighting or disrespect of the immensity of the event is intended; it should indeed be observed but not in such a trifling thread.

Chyntuck likes this.
  23. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Huh. I guess you learn something new every day. My great-great-great-great(? not sure on the number of greats) grandfather escaped slavery in the 1840s to Lower Canada (I did some quick research and it was the colony of Lower Canada referred to in this factoid, so modern Quebec). So he went from being owed to being able to vote, which I think is just an awesome addition to this fact.

24. Happy Birthday

Mar 4, 2017
    March 26

Happy Birthday! To Star War's own Keira Knightly! (Sabe from Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace)

Also born on this day: poet Robert Frost, actor Leonard Nimoy, politician Nancy Pelosi, writer and anthropologist Joseph Campbell

[​IMG]

On this date in history:
    In 1830, the Book of Mormon is published in Palmyra, New York.
    In 1931, Swissair becomes the official airline of Switzerland.
    In 2005, the BBC broadcasts “Rose,” the first returning episode of the new Doctor Who series, starring Christopher Eccleston, making Doctor Who the longest running science fiction television show.

Today’s holiday: Prince Kuhio Day, Hawaii, USA

25. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Happy birthday, ms. Knightly! :)

Findswoman likes this.