main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Happy Father's day, I hope you remembered.

Discussion in 'Community' started by beezel26, Jun 15, 2014.

1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Anyway to anyone with siblings is there a competition for father's day or do you go all in for something for dad.
    And any Dads here on the boards I wish you a Happy Father's day.

I took my dad out to see Xmen and mowed his lawn. He had hip surgery about a month ago and the kid that was supposed to do it didn't. So I took over and then took him to see his favorite movie, a comic book movie. He was happy. Poor guy hadn't been able to get out for any movie.
    My little brother didn't get him anything. Last year his wife delivered a set of twins after giving birth to a another boy nine months before that. So I won this year. My brother has been too busy to get anything good.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Uh, no. My siblings and I don't do petty rivalries for our father's affection using material goods as bait.

3. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Actually what is great about my dad is he is a comic book nerd so I get to take a trip to the comic book store and get him something sometimes. When Green Lantern came out I took him to the Midnite showing and bought him a set of light up rings.
    My little brother once got him a personalized jug of Tobasco sauce with his name on it. He loves that.

4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I know I shouldn't, but...

Were the twins premature by 3.5 months? Did the doctor of your sister In law not tell her not it's in advisable to get pregnant within three months of giving birth? Or that gestation is more like 9.5 months? Do you make this **** up while constructing lampshades made from human skin?

Ender Sai likes this.
  5. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Bah humbug!

6. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    My brother and I remembered.

7. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    No, they had one kid and three months later she was pregnant with the twins. All three boys, Irish triplets is what they call it. I give them five to eight years before she starts pining for a new kid. Most likely a girl.

8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yes, well. You're dad is a worthless piece of ****, from recent posts.

9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Considering he walked out when I was a baby and I never saw him since, I agree with that assessment.

Master_Jacen and Lord Vivec like this.
  10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    No what? They weren't premature? You said she gave birth nine months after the first, and now apparently was pregnant three months after the first, indicating a six month gestation period?

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    On the Brightside, when you find a partner, and should you choose to have children, I know he will be better. Assuming you've done neither, which, I actually have no idea.

12. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Sorry got the months wrong. They got pregnant three months later and had the twins full term. How the hell they have time for romance I will never know.

13. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    My pops died when I was 14, this day sucks.

14. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Diggy my father walked out on my mom when I was four. My stepfather entered my life after high school. I totally understand what she has gone thru. I love my stepdad and call him dad cause that's all I know.
    Without any role models how do you think a guy is supposed to be a good dad? Juliet fears she will get a man that leaves her. Well try being me, my fear is not being good enough of a father and ruining my family's life all together.

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Hugs to you, Gersh.

darth_gersh likes this.
  16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You're nonsensical to the point I think you're high on bad weed 24/7.

17. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I called my father today; my brother hasn't & probably won't.

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I called your dad, too, nikki. He wasn't best pleased with what I told him, I have to say.

Ender Sai likes this.
  19. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005

Woah, woah, woah.... how do you presume to know what Juliet fears? Then, after deciding what Juliet fears, you go on to say that your fear is worse. Weird. There's got to be some kind of practical human interaction course you can take somewhere... you need it.

20. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    imbeezel

Ender Sai and harpua like this.
  21. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

I was going to respond but harps beat me to it. So I'll go with the old, "shut up, beezel".

22. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  23. Wanderguard

Wanderguard Jedi Knight star 1

May 15, 2014
    Beezel reminds me of Arlol in that he comes off like an Andy Kaufman prank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Skywalker8921

Skywalker8921 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 9, 2011
    Considering I don't have any siblings - unless one counts the two cats and two dogs we have as my "furry" sibs - there's never been any competition in the household.

I usually get Dad a movie on DVD. Since we're trying to replace our VHS collections with DVDs(slowly getting there), buying a movie for him is easy enough for me to do. This year it was "Forrest Gump." Last year was "Pearl Harbor."

25. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Your brother has given him three grandchildren in less than two years. You mowed his lawn because he's physically unable and declare victory?

Two thumbs down. It's still got it.

Amazing.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.