main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Happy Goble Goble day!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by RexGetz, Nov 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RexGetz

RexGetz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2003
    Feliz dia de accion de gracias.
    Happy Thanksgiving day. (for thoese that do not understand Spanish)

2. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I am thankful that Colin Powell seems to have a shred of dignity left in his body.

I am thankful that -in the course of one year- a certain beagle has gone from living on the streets to snoring comfortably at the foot of my bed.

I am thankful that I have a girlfriend who makes me feel like a better man simply by being my friend.

I am thankful that home computing technology is advanced enough to allow non-LD owners a chance to own The Definitive Collection.

I am thankful for the jacks-over-sixes that won me $160 last weekend.

I am thankful for Homestar, and The Cheat, and Marzipan, and Trogdor, and even Strong Sad (but not Bubs. That guy's a tool.)

I am thankful that the Holiday Party is closer to my place this year. Jeff, I loves you and your family, but _damn_ you live in Nowhereville.

I am thankful that, after years of apathy toward computer games, the second half of '04 has seen the release of two "you gotta see how cool this is!" games (HL2 and KataDama.)

I am thankful that Peanuts is finally being released in its entirety... slowly, like an ICU patient's morphine drip.

I am thankful for AnakinWolverine'sFinalRabidTurn.

I am thankful for every David Cross performance in which he speaks his mind, and for every Monica Bellucci performance in which she speaks her piece (rimshot.)

I am thankful that I live in the country's best city for biking, even if the weather refuses to cooperate.

I am thankful for The Criterion Collection.

I am thankful for NetFlix and their rental catalog's non-Blockbuster/Wal-Mart policies.

There's more, but it's late, and I have a turkey to brine. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone (except Jeff.)

-Le Penguin
    "Dear God, thank you for Ziggy comics, little baby ducks, and Sweatin' to the Oldies volumes One, Two and Four."

3. JediGeek

JediGeek Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2003
    Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!!
    Have a safe, happy and healthy holiday!!

Gobble Gobble!! [face_peace]

4. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    wow, pengy, thanks.

i don't know about you, but i'm thankful for MY FRIENDS IN CHICAGO FORCE, WHO HAVE REMAINED MY FRIENDS EVEN THOUGH I LIVE IN SCUMMY LOS ANGELES.

happy turkey day to all.

5. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Happy Thanksgiving!

6. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm thankful for any port in a storm.

7. flippingyodacola

flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    Happy Turkey day!!!! Hope everyone had a nice one.

8. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    I am thankful for my health, my family, my friends, and my cat. (not neccessarily in that order)

Happy Thanksgiving!

9. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    I am great full for all things Star Wars and all things cool and kick @$$! God bless you all this holiday session and have happy Christmas and a safe and happy new year! Oh and have a Happy Thanksgiving and don?t drink and drive!

10. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Gobble Gobble!

~H~

11. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I had a crappy Turkey Day....
    Wednesday night I had no power for 7 hours...no power...no heat...the basement flooded (no sump pumps)...and for the first time since I have been able to eat solid food ...I had no turkey...actually...all I had yesterday was a piece of bread, a piece of cheese ...and a cookie...

somebody got some cheese for my whine?

:D

12. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Ouch, I hope you have recovered nicely.

I hope no one else had a day like Phyllis, and it was good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.