Happy Halloween!

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by droideka27, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dashleebo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Okay.... :p and would the FF's be our homes then? ;)

Which state are you from, Boogie?
  2. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Heh, yeah, I guess they are.

I'm a Victorian. Our forum is probably the most dead, but we have fun. :p
  3. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Australia has neat animals! I would like to go there just for the animals someday, but i heard that people smoke all over the place there... and i just can't stand smoke. Blehhhhhh.
  4. dashleebo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm a Victorian. Our forum is probably the most dead, but we have fun.

Heh, cool! You guys have an interesting banner. :p I went to Melbourne last year for the Australian Open. It's a nice city.

Australia has neat animals! I would like to go there just for the animals someday, but i heard that people smoke all over the place there... and i just can't stand smoke. Blehhhhhh.

It'd be awesome if you could come down under! :D I can just see you rushing into the nearest Zoo or wild-life park. :p Yay for Kangaroos and Koalas! ;) Probably the two most known ones. :p We also have lots of snakes and spiders though. :(

There are a lot of smokers here, unfortunately. Drives me mad.
  5. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    "Interesting" banner? What's that supposed to mean? o_O

Yeah, Melbourne is a great city. One of my favourites in the world, and I've been to some good ones. ;)

Yeah, Australia has some great animals. We also have some horrid ones, like nasty, nasty spiders (I'm arachnophobic :p )

And smokers? I don't think we have any more than any other country.
  6. dashleebo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    'Interesting' in a good way :p The corner image is a bit freaky (to me, anyway..) , but I like it. :) Reminds me of Luna Park's big entrance.
  7. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Hahaha. . . it IS luna park's entrance. We have one as well, you know. ;)

And you made the right answer. I made the banner. :p It isn't my favourite, it's a little too pink and bright, but we needed a change.
  8. dashleebo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Woah. Didn't know that. Is it free entry there as well?

I'm not a fan of pink, but I don't go there, so it's not problem. :p It's not too bright.

I guess you're someone that's gonna be entering a lot more banner contests in the future. ;)

I wish I had more time to....
  9. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Banners are pretty quick and easy to make if you know how. It's a pity I only recently discovered how - after making both VicFF and Census banners . . . [face_frustrated]

(and are you getting all these errors in the boards as well? Regular users icons are missing and we can now see who has made the latest reply to a sticky thread . . . weird)
  10. dashleebo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I wouldn't say they are quick and easy. :p Takes me days or even weeks to complete one. Finding the right pictures is frustrating at times. Same with banners' block. :p

Well for only doing a couple before, you're getting pretty good, fast. Some of my older ones are horrid.

(I can't see any icons.. and that's strange about the sticky thread.. o_O)

11. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I find the hardest bit is coming up with an idea. And yeah, VicFF and Census are the only banners I've ever done, but I'm currently working on a CT one and a Saga one that look much better than both of the others so far, I think.

Also, if you (or anyone reading this) are having problems viewing a thread - for example, the technical errors thread in Comms, simply hit reply and 'view last 5 posts'. That's the only way I can get that to work. And the post reply image seems to have rematerialised again . . . odd.
  12. dashleebo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, that is the hardest part. I've done a FF one, and the EUC one before... I was thinking about making a Saga one, but I really shouldn't. My school certificate is next week, and I need to study.

Every time I click on the 'Star Wars Saga Forum - Banner Contest (Accepting Entries)' thread, I get an error. I can't get in, let alone click reply.

13. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Ah, right. I was thinking more long threads where you can select page one etc. Hmm.

Yeah, the Saga contest has been extended until the 15th. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to enter - too much work to do at the moment...
  14. dashleebo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That's lucky. ;)

What kind of art do you study at Uni? Or is it graphics?

Art is one of my favourite hobbies.
  15. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Art is a small hobby of mine. Music is a major hobby of mine; at the end of the year I hope to 'release' (as in, give to everyone I know) a home made album I've been working on for 6 months.

I'm studying Arts at uni - not visual or performance arts, but intellectual. I'm majoring in History.
  16. dashleebo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Ahh, I see. :cool: What kind of music is on your album?

Haven't heard of that kind of Art course before. Modern or ancient history?
  17. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Modern history.

And the music on the album is all sorts - ranging from modern rock to jazz to blues to reggae to 50s hand-jive. I have eclectic taste. :p
  18. dashleebo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Ahh. I've always enjoyed ancient history more. Most modern history bores me. :p

Good to know there's some variety. :) Do you sing or play instruments? Or both?

19. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Heh, I dunno. Ancient is history is boring to me. . . :p

On the album I play everything. Sing, guitar, bass, keys, percussion, woodwinds, brass, I wrote everything and I recorded everything. All by myself. :p That's why it's taken 6 months. [face_laugh]
  20. dashleebo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Pffft. :p

:eek: WOW! That's impressive. Very talented guy you are. Now I'm curious to hear it. :p ;)
  21. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    What speed internet connection do you have? If you want, when it is done I'm sure I can get it to you somehow. If you seriously want to hear it, that is.

And talented . . . well, you'll just have to hear it. I didn't say I did it well, did I? :p
  22. dashleebo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Broadband, and dial-up. Sure I'd love to hear it, if it's possible. :)

Yeah, I don't know if you're good or not, but there's only one way to find out.

It's trick-or-treat right now ... I gave up on it two years ago.
  23. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Okay, well when it is finished (probably late December) I'll try and remember. If you use a messenger program I can get it to you that way, but we'll deal with it when it comes to it.

Yeah, trick-or-treat. I've never been . . . it would just be wierd. I think I'm a little too old for that now anyway. :p
  24. dashleebo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Cool, I look forward to it. ;) I use AIM, MSN, and yahoo.

It does feel weird, especially when there's barely anyone doing it in the local area. :p Plus, most people either have no candy, don't know what halloween is, or forgot about it. Guess we should just leave it to the Americans. Just the idea of knocking on stranger's doors dressed up as goodness knows what, saying 'trick or treat!' expecting candy, sounds silly IMO. Though I guess it's not so bad if every second house is decorated with halloween stuff, and there are kids running around everywhere.

If I lived on the main road and someone came to the door, I'd want to set up some sprinklers and give 'em a fright. [face_devil]
  25. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    [face_laugh]

Haha, yeah. We've had some kids come round looking to trick or treat and we've been like: "Uhh . . . what? Halloween? Oh yeah . . . um, I'll just go see if we have any Tim Tams." :p

Not the greatest of receptions. Oh well. I'm sure there are some people who give them better, more portable chocolate.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.