Happy Halloween!

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by droideka27, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dashleebo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    [face_laugh] Oh well, Tim Tams are still yummy! :D They could have eaten them on the way to the next house. The last time I went trick or treating, someone felt bad for not having any candy so he offered us little chocolated coated icecream cubes, from the packet he had. Another person gave me a whole packet of biscuits.. two other people ended up giving us money.

It's amazing how generous some people are, even to those they've never seen before. All in the good spirit of Halloween. :)
  2. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That's very true. People, as a general rule, are quite generous. For example, I did the 40-hour famine last year and many people whom I'd never seen before gave very generously.
  3. dashleebo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It's good to know that, with all the terrible things that go on in the world, there are always people willing to help those in need. :)

Getting tired, I'm outta here. Cya later. ;)
  4. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    See you round, dash. Great talking to you, we managed to fill an entire page in this thread! :p
  5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Hey dashleebo, another Sydney user, we're everywhere I reckon! :D

My home on here is the RPF. droideka's tourny drew me to stick around here in Census. Nice place 'tis too. :)

Yep, I can see that too. And when a thread's title takes up more than one line, for instance the BEST ACTOR tourny right now, it aligns the words up the top instead of centering them. Something's up.
  6. TheBoogeyMan Jedi Knight

I'm not sure where my home on the boards would be. I would say VicFF but that's really dead as of late. Maybe Music, that's always been a great forum for me. Recently though I've really been getting involved in FanForce Community. It's really a great little community that is up-and-coming. I can see it being one of the great forums on the boards one day. I strongly suggest everyone goes over and checks it out sometime, if you are involved in FF.

And of course I love Census, but this is a very up-and-coming community. But I must say I've really enjoyed the steps it has taken as of late.
  7. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Yes, I've only just come around here and I find it quite enjoyable. :)

FFCommunity, I've been there but never to check it out. Didn't really grasp what it was for originally, maybe I should go back and seriously look at it.

So... right now, Halloween is officially over....

For Aussies!! ;) I guess the rest of you have a few hours left....
  8. TheBoogeyMan Jedi Knight

Well it was pretty derelict up until about three weeks ago, when mods came back and took it over again. You'd probably find a lot more purpose now, and I'd say in about a month's time you'll find it has grown into one of the best forums around . . .
  9. Zebra3 Force Ghost

star 5
    this thread grows 2 pages overnight? :eek: Nicely done guys :)

My home on these boards would be either the EUC or Literature. I do like reading everyone's responses in Census though. I'd like to see it become more of a community too :)
  10. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I think Census has an image as a bit of a '+1' forum, you know, somewhere where you come to up your post count. I know I've seen many examples of this. Again, I'm not entirely sure how to change this, but I think it would be good to have it brought out into the open and pointed at as something that is not encouraged.
  11. Jedi General Gelderd Force Ghost

star 5
  12. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    While I don't really want to have 15 inch long senate like posts on the topic of evolution, I definitely do encourage discussion and debate in the poll threads. And I think we will have a social thread in census... to try for awhile at least!
  13. Happy Ninja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Did someone say Tim-Tams? =P~
  14. Darth-Lutgerous Force Ghost

star 4
  15. Morticia Jedi Knight

star 1
  16. sccrman95 Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_pumpkin] Happy Halloween everyone![face_pumpkin]
  17. dashleebo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    another Sydney user, we're everywhere I reckon!

Yeah! I'm seeing more and more these days.

Did someone say Tim-Tams?

Ahh, another Tim Tam fan :p last time I ate some, I felt sick after eating only 4. :(

Recently though I've really been getting involved in FanForce Community. It's really a great little community that is up-and-coming. I can see it being one of the great forums on the boards one day. I strongly suggest everyone goes over and checks it out sometime, if you are involved in FF.

A while back I started posting in the social thread there. It is a nice forum, and it has a friendly atmosphere.

And of course I love Census, but this is a very up-and-coming community. But I must say I've really enjoyed the steps it has taken as of late.

Census is a lot more appealing to me now. :)

Looking forward to the new Census banner. :D

18. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Looking forward to the new Census banner.

There's still 5 and a half hours or so for board time to end Halloween! So no banner yet.... I suppose that also means that this thread is alive for only that much time as well....

19. Morticia Jedi Knight

star 1
    *sheds tear for the good times*
  20. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    I didn`t get to pass out any candy this year:(

Dang rain
  21. Morticia Jedi Knight

star 1
    They did trick or treating in my dorm for kids who live close to my school. Didn't pass out any candy though. Too expensive and I'd probably end up eating all of the leftovers :p
  22. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yes, I emphatically agree with both points. Sounds good, droideka!

And this thread was fun. I hope the next social thread will be just as good!
  23. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Hmmm... I wonder what the social threads name will be?

Most of the one's I've seen in other forums have had some sort of name to them. Will this one?

"Don't vote in here." Lame, I know. o_O
  24. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Even lamer: Leave your votes at the door . . .

:p
  25. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    I challenge that: "The Census Social Thread: We eat votes for breakfast"
    :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.