main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Happy Halloween!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Jedi_Outcast77, Oct 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Happy Halloween everybody [face_pumpkin]!!!

P.S.: Don't forget to show off your costume pics in the Costuming thread.

2. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    And the same wishes to you kind sir ;) Well my Jedi costume didn't quite get completed for today, there was a mis-measurement on the obi, resulting in an extra day of work on it. I had planned on wearing it to work today since they encouraged people to wear costumes today. So in it's place I dragged out an oldie but a goodie....my Underdog costume, complete with giant head from my college days. If I can manage a digital pic of it today, I'll post it.

I sent my son off to school today in his Anakin Skywalker costume. It was a kind of give-and-take negotiations with him since he agreed to wear everything MINUS the belt. I took a picture of him this morning with his red lightsaber and he looks pretty good. Once I download the pic I'll post it.

3. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    My son wanted to be Darth Vader this year. I went the route of the basic costume but he's wearing his DV voice changer instead of the face mask, a hooded cape that looks much better than the standard one, his black batting gloves (which was his idea), and as long as I don't mess up my first attempt at using a soldering iron a set of belt boxes with working lights. They won't be 100% canon but since he'll probably only wear them a couple of times I'm not going to lose any sleep over it (at least not after the first couple of days anyway :p).

4. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Happy Halloween to everyone. Hope everyone got plenty of candy for the younglings. We had a few trick or treaters so that means more candy for me. I can just hear the scale going get off me when I weigh in this weekend. lol

5. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    A few of my friends dressed up as Darth Vader, Han Solo, Luke from Return of the Jedi and Obi-Wan, it was quite funny to see them.

6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Here's a few shots of my son in his Vader costume, one with and without lightsaber:
    (I can't get the "insert image" thing to work, I guess it just doesn't like geocities. So if you're interested you can just copy and paste the links)

http://www.geocities.com/jedioutcast77/vader_saber.html

http://www.geocities.com/jedioutcast77/vader_small.html

7. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Nice job! It's kind of silly, but I'm very envious of the costumes available to kids today. Growing up in the 70's, the best costumes around were those Ben Cooper costumes in a box. Man, I think I went as everything from Batman to Evel Knievel to Luke Skywalker thanks to those flame-retardant vinyl and plastic bad boys. :)

I think the first costume I 'made' myself was in the 6th grade. My elementary school sponsored a Halloween party and I made a Darth Vader costume. It consisted of a plastic store bought mask over a black ski mask, a black cape my mom made me, a black turtleneck, black sweatpants and rubber boots that I sprayed black. My chest box was a cigar box that I covered with gray construction paper. I cut holes in the box for the controls and covered them with red and blue construction paper. for the 'lights' I put one of those 'snap & glow' sticks inside the box :)

Finally for my lightsaber I bought a wiffleball bat, painted it red, and covered the handle with gray construction paper and drew the controls onto it. :D

I remember thinking at the time it was the best dang costume I ever had :)

8. PadmeSusyQ

PadmeSusyQ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2005
    Whoa!!! That was quite an impressive costume for a 6th grader.

9. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    That is very impressive. It's fun to make a costume like that yourself, although it is much easier to get something more realistic off of the shelf nowadays.

10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Well, here are pics of my kids from Halloween. My son was not being very cooperative Monday morning when we took his picture. He refused to wear his belt thus explaining whay his costume looks a bit messy. I'm hoping to take some better pics this weekend of them in costume, so if I do I'll post those as well.

[image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/DarthWormie/sw_jeff.jpg]

[image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/DarthWormie/sw_jordy.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.