main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Happy Halloween!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Oct 30, 2012.

1. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002

No, but I did have a fair share of bad eggs. :D

2. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Oh hey, it's only 25 minutes...I'm watching it right now actually. Think it's been a good long while since I last saw it...I don't think I understood much of the dialogue back when I was a kid.

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Almost that time again... [face_pumpkin]

4. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
  5. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    I know! I really love Halloween...my husband and I always put tons of decorations up in our yard and front porch (we're usually the most decorated house on our street by far) and we usually have tons of Trick or Treaters. I absolutely love seeing all the kids in their costumes and seeing the expressions on their little faces as they approach our decorations!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Runjedirun likes this.
  6. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    Saw this trending. Some cursing so beware, but funny

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I have my Sabine Wren costume and blue hair dye ready. We’re doing a Trunk or Treat for the kids at work this coming Thursday.

Ahsoka's Tano and Master_Lok like this.
  8. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Is Halloween supposed to be happy?

9. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    [​IMG]

YES IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE HAPPY.

10. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Got three bags of Halloween candy for $8 at Target this weekend so we're ready for Wednesday!

Pensivia likes this.
  11. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I got three bags of Halloween candy at Target this weekend. Ate all of it. Went back the next day for three more bags of candy. Ate all of those. Am going back tonight for more bags, if they have any left. Usually what happens is that I have to look under the couch cushions for stray Altoids to hand out to the kids.

Pensivia, TiniTinyTony , tom and 2 others like this.
  12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    The eldest went trick or treating on Saturday with a friend. I did the Kimmel thing, where the parents pretend to steal the candy. But I really did steal the candy.

But she has Mathoween tomorrow evening at her school, and then Halloween proper on Wednesday, so she'll have a couple of other chances to have me steal her candy.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    Chewgumma, tom and Rylo Ken like this.
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  14. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Punk jr did the carving this year
    [​IMG]
    It’s actually quite creepy

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    darth_gersh, Ghost, Pensivia and 6 others like this.
  15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I thinks it's sweet he made it look like his dad.

16. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Happy Halloween! - all the kids have aged out of trick or treating but we may yet try to dress up the dog.

17. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Happy Halloween all! Helped out at my daughter's preschool Halloween yesterday, then last night the "downtown" businesses here hand out candy so we walked around and did that - she already has a ton of candy just from those two events but I'm taking her around the neighborhood tonight still before heading home to help the wife hand out candy - the little one is very excited about Halloween this year which is nice!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  18. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Happy Halloween! I've lived in the same flat (apartment) for years and have never gotten a trick-or-treater. However I just saw what I assume is a dad taking two young kids (looked around 4 or 5) in costume up the street. Dad was totally engrossed in his phone.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Diggy like this.
  19. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i bought two giant bags of candy this morning, so hopefully i won't get any trick or treaters.

20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013

tom likes this.
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    In the past decade I've probably gotten at most about 5 groups of kids visiting the house on Halloween. I live on a corner intersection where not many kids go trick-or-treating along the main road. Not to mention the town is chopping up the damn sidewalk along that road which makes it even more of a deterrent than usual.

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The way our flats are set up the doors are on the side of the building. The path leading to mine and my upstairs neighbors' is pretty dark.

23. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    If any kids knock on my door tonight, I'm gonna force feed them razor bleeds and make them recite Trump's inauguration speech.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    What if Trump himself shows up in costume as a trick-or-treater?