main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Happy Holiday!

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by DarkLordSid, Dec 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Had a nice day yesterday, we stayed at home listening to it pour outside. We had all the candles lit, had nice meals and just basked in the warmth of each other's company, couldn't ask for more. But I got more, Mrs. Sid gave me (among other things mostly musical and books on tape) a pair of soft cotton print SW boxers, a shirt which says "Vote For Palpatine" in red letters (some kind of Napoleon Whatzis name joke) and another that says, "Sith Happens".

There was kind of a theme this year I guess.

And Master K, you will see those boxers, oh yes, I have forseen it.

I will add that the boxers have the opening crawl from a New Hope on them.

"An' that's all I got ta' say 'bout that!" Forest Gump

Hope y'all had a good time as well. You deserve it, especially MK and Josie, love and hope to you two, we are thinking about you.

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I just got back from Texas. Hope you all had a good christmas!!

3. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I'm just back from So Cal (with a lovely cold to remember it by).
    I am kinda surprised how much I missed you all after 4 days without internet.
    Happy Christmas Sid, Rachel, Kim, and all the other Santa Cruz-ians (and adoptees)!
    *hugs!!*

4. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Ahhh, We missed you too, Hawkie. (And you too, Rachel!).

Plus all of our Family here.

Siri and I spent a quiet Holiday, we almost lost Mom on my birthday (back in the Acute Care Hospital). We were watching the clock (my family tends to have this incredible ability to pass on Birthdays and Major Holidays) and at 12:05 a.m. she came out of her mini-coma, and asked what time it was. When we told her, she said, "Happy Birthday, At least I didn't die on it!" A weird but wonderful gift. She also survived Christmas..so right now, back to a day at a time.

So, Chistmas Day was spent in meditation, reflection, watching DVD's and just relaxing in front of a huge roaring fire (Nope, no Jedi's Burning..sorry Sid) and lots of Hot Chocolate. In a way, one of the best I have had in a long time.

Yesterday was finally getting to see Narnia. And Wow, just Wow. Aslan/Liam was just beautiful and incredible!!! (Ok, while I really didn't get the Christian references, I mean, I did to a point... But what I really saw was the Arthurian Connection. I mean.. set during WWII,, Churchill (sp) was considered the "Lion of Britan" and lots of Brits I know that survived that time fully believe that Churchill was Arthur reincarniated...as "Arthur will always return whenever Britian is in danger." The youngling coming from out of no-where to become a hero and king, etc. The Deep Magic and the whole thing..(sorry ..off subject). Anyways, always loved the books and loved the movie. Plus getting to see PoCII Trailer on the BIG Screen was the added bonus.

So, while we had a quiet holiday, I guess what I am really looking forward to is when Sid, drops his trousers and I get to experience the wonder that is those new boxers up close.[face_laugh]

Hope everyone had a good one!

5. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Always nice to know that you look forward to my behind, Master K.

6. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Mercy, I am so glad your mother has stabilized again...and manages to keep her humor. My goodness, what an incredible lady she must be. *HUG* And, on a related but tangential note, hooray for quiet Christmases. I think they can be the best kind.

Just saw Narnia, too. Was a huge reader of the books as a child, so I really enjoyed it and was relieved that the movie--like the books--can be enjoyed on a purely story level, as well as being an allegory for Christianity. Not being a Christian, myself, I was a little worried although prepared to grin and bear it if it was really pretty hit-you-on-the-head Christian. After all, C.S. Lewis WAS a very devout and prosthelytizing Christian, so it's not as if it'd be an unfair interpretation of his work to go that direction. Glad they didn't, but I'd have understood it if they had. I loved it. And how can you possibly go wrong with Liam Neesen voicing Aslan, I ask you? Yeesh, I just misspelled his name...

7. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    I agree with you, Kia. I'm the same as you, and was also prepared to "grin and bear it." But, was happy to see that the crowd we had was into the film, just for the wonderful story and beautifully filmed piece of work that it was. And yes, both Jos and I did the obligatory "bawling" nope, not sobbing, but just that choking crying when the whole scene with Aslan on the Stone Table came about. I am a huge fan of the books, but Jos hadn't read them, and since we all know how she adores Liam/Qui-Gonn...well I knew this was going to be even harder for her to take..(and it was)...but she fell in love with the story as well. Now, I'm going to drag my collection from my class home for her to read.

We received movie passes for Christmas and used the first for Narnia, then also planning to hit Kong and Memoires of a Gesha. (I probably hit The Producer's with my aunt! LOL For some reason, "Springtime for Hitler" just isn't everyone's cup of tea..but I'm a huge Mel Brooks fan..and the original has always been one of my favs.)

Mom is back at the Rehab Center now, not doing really well. The doc told us that health-wise things are equal between lungs and heart and neither is strong. So, (sigh) we did get word that we are probably looking at end-stage. As he told us, it could be any moment, it could be 6-8 weeks. At least we got through birthdays and Christmas...the family decided that any of the rest of the holidays we could manage. So, while we don't feel comfortable leaving her right now, the doc told us to go ahead with plans as normal...so later this Spring, when it gets warm, I think we all really do need to look into a camping trip in the Santa Cruz Mountains...and the Boardwalk...and Mystery Spot..and Disneyland..and BayCon and other things to remind us just about how wonderful life itself is! (ok, waxing poetic here).

Anyways... Clear Skies. Happy LifeDay!!!!! And May The Force Be With You!

[:D] and more [:D] to everyone!

From the Both of Us!!! :)

8. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    We're thinking of you Master K and family, we're here if you need us.

Sid.

9. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Thanks, Sid. There are times that knowing that is what gets us through the day! :)

10. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    What Sid said.

You know, next get-together, if it's a small one, we should save our pocket change and all go for a massage or something. Yeah, that sounds good. (Not a massage with everybody in the same room! Sheesh! Get your minds out of the gutter! You know, something just decadent and healing and stuff...)

- Kai

11. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Hey, I like the gutter, it's where find all the spare change... and spare change could lead to a golden ticket, just like in the movie.

Or not.

12. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    And the spare change could go towards the massages, right? Gutters lead to spare change, spare change leads to massages, therefore gutters are good, yes?

Seriously, though, that sounds like a nice idea, Kai. Very nice and relaxing.

Master--Kenobi, I'm so glad to hear that your mom pulled through on your birthday and the other holidays.

Everyone - happy belated holidays!

13. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Ohhhh..right now a massage sounds so good. Ok, could that be one of the Jedi Rituals? After a long day of saber fighting, relaxing around a fire, with a bit o drink and a nice massage... hmmmmmm....

**thinking about it** Yea, definitely works for THIS Jedi! [face_thinking] :cool:

14. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Well, since we all the "last of the Jedi"...I say we just declare it a Jedi ritual and have done!

Anyone second?

All in favor, say "Aye."

15. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    *Raises Hand* AYE!!!!!!!!

16. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Sid, your boxers are a traditional part of sharing a hotel room with you!

Wait, that didn't come out right...

*mental image of Obi-Wan and Sidious in hotel Room ...Sidious in Boxers...*

Ok, going off now to go scrub out my brain!

**wanders off, looking for the mental floss**

17. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Heh, I now have a coffee mug too with Sid on it from FIDM. Mrs. Sid says I should get some fuzzy slippers and do "early morning Sid" at the next con. But he's already wearing his robe and peaked cap (sort of).

*confused*

See, Sid's so high up in the hierarchy he doesn't need to dress for going out, he just wears his comfy stuff all day long. We do see in the early days when he goes head over heals when Yoda tosses him that he does at least wear pants and shoes under it all.

At least, at that time?

18. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Now, there's a twisted fan-fic plot bunny for you...

- Kai

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.