main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Happy Mother's Day - SWC Edition

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , May 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I just wanted to say happy mothers day to all this applies to.

In honor of the person who brought us life, lets hear your best Star Wars related story that involves your mother.

Here is mine:

(While discussing my future career choices,(a number of years ago obviously) I was watching A New Hope on VHS (yes this dates me)-

Mom: Have you given any thought as to what you want to do after college.

Me: (Watching Obi Wan / Vader duel intently). No clue mom.

Mom: (sarcastic voice) For the love of all that is good and holy, being a damn jedi knight or a member of the Rebel Alliance does not pay well on Earth.

Me: (Speechless).

ArtSchmo and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Happy Mothers Day to all the mom's in this galaxy and the one Far Far Away.

I have so many Star Wars memories related to my mom, but in light of recent real life business, I hear myself quoting Han Solo to her a lot.

She was very worried about this situation and I said "Mom, there's one thing you should keep telling yourself in light of how proactive you've been with this situation: "Never tell me the odds.""

She immediately laughed and hugged me. That calmed her down instantly.

She took me to see Star Wars in 1977 and I was so happy to reintroduce her to Star Wars a good 15 years later. It's something that entertains and helps us even now.

Bazinga'd thank you for starting this thread. =D= LOL at your mom's comment.

ArtSchmo and Bazinga'd like this.
  3. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    I don't have one.....

4. ArtSchmo

ArtSchmo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 2, 2015
    The first Star Wars film I was old enough to see in theatres was Revenge of the Sith. I went to see it with my mother, and while she's not a Star Wars fan, herself, I remember her having a strong emotional reaction to Darth Vader and Obi-Wan's duel and the aftermath, especially when Vader was confined to his suit. My mother has also always been very supportive of my career choice - that being a freelance illustrator - which roots all the way back to 1997, when I first fell in love with Star Wars.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  5. Doorfink

Doorfink Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2015
    My mum was never huge into Star Wars or sci-fi. Some think that that would divide us, or give us little in common, but no. She endured countless hours of me raving on and on as a kid, playing Star Wars games on the N64 endlessly, nodding and smiling as I recounted every single minute of The Empire Strikes Back. That's what makes her such an awesome mum - those things didn't interest her, but she knew they interested me and that was enough.

So cheers mum, and cheers to all the mums out there.

Bazinga'd likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.