main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sol_Jedi, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Another year has come and gone. Through sacrifice and sadness, those of us who remain keep the bonds of friendship alive. I hope in this new year we can all come together again, under the power of The Force, and be the fan force that I once knew. Maybe I'm being a hopeless optimistic, but I miss our large group gatherings.

Remember, the theme of 2009 is "change" and hopefully we can change our old habits to become a group again. Let's look past our superficial ways and unite under our original cause: our love of Star Wars.

Sincerely,

Sol Jedi (MJ)

2. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    First post 2009.

yay me

3. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Whoooooo.

4. Renegade_Jedi_

Renegade_Jedi_ Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2009
    One more year closer for the world to end.

5. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    You mean the December 2012 theory?

6. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    The problem I have with that theory, is that most people who believe in that claim to be Christian as well. And according to Christianity, the Bible and it's word is infallible and you cannot believe in anything else. I'm not trying to flame, but an uncle of mine believes in the 2012 theory, but is a devout Christian. The two totally contradict each others' teachings and if you're going to impose one thing on me, don't do an about face. That's just my opinion.

Although I do believe that there is some validity in that theory. Various cultures at different times in different parts of the world all predicted the same year has to have some sort of significance. But I don't think it necessarily means the end. It might mean that a big even might happen that may shape our future. Maybe something will happen that will make us rethink the way we live or maybe we'll find out for sure if we're alone in the universe?

If we live or die will be up to society and our ways. If December 2012 is the day we all go, is up for the future to tell. I'm gonna be a little optimistic and say it's going to be a day of significance for the human race and will determine if we the course of our future. I have to be a little optimistic because I still haven't seen any other part of the world and experience it and the people that occupy them. Not to mention the women...

7. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I agree! But, people who follow orthodox Christianity and believe in the 2012 theory will tell you it is in the Bible. They well say it's in Revelations as well as the Bible Code. (Now that's a very interesting theory!)

Scientifically, I don't find the 2012 theory to be sound. It's all based on the Sun, Earth and the Black hole in the center of the galaxy lining up & stuff. Astronomically that may be true, but I don't think the geological results could possibly wipe us out. I think we have to worry about what we do to ourselves much more than what some black hole that far away from our solar system will do in 5 years (that it hasn't done in 4 1/2 billion.

8. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Doesn't Jesus' Myspace calendar show a trip back here on December 21st 2012?

9. Renegade_Jedi_

Renegade_Jedi_ Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2009
    I wasn't talking about a religious apocalypse....something else.....

10. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    LOL, silly superstitious humans and their dumb theories. I've lived through how many predicted end-of-the-worlds now? Probably ten? 2012 will be another notch in the belt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.