main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Happy New Year?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by Jedi-Finney, Jan 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    hello everyone and happy 2003, or is it? i dont feel so happy... anyways thats my own problem. just letting you guys know i have to get rid of my internet to help save money, but i will try to check in once in a while to see if anything new is going on. peace out.

2. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Happy New Year to all. That is not good to hear, Finney (That you're having probs). Hope everything works out for you in the long run. We'll try to keep things going around here, even though they've pretty much dead!

3. Sparticus

Sparticus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    Yay *waves a little flag*. Well Finney, I'll see ya at the library! LOL! That's where I have to go to use the net. Hopefully not for much longer. *crosses fingers*

4. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    yeah i just need to save some money, and since i'm using cable internet and its 40 bucks a month i'll be saving quite a bit. and there is no way i will degrade myself by getting a dial up wich would cost anyways cause i'd need to get a second phone line... so i figure i'll keep this another month so i'll be able to play galaxies, hehe. later!

5. Jedi-Charmer

Jedi-Charmer Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2002
    Jedi-Finney and I are engaged! LA la la la la!!!!! WHOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!! Anyway...yeah...that's my big start for the new year!!!!! It's a good new year for me. How was everyone else's? Fun? ******? OK? And are there going to be any meetings? What's up with that?

6. Obi1kenny

Obi1kenny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    Happy Freakin New Year!!!
    May the Dark Side be with you!

So what will this New Year bring for you all? Anyone planning on going to Cons this year?

There is a Con up in Sac. next weekend, the Empires finest will be in attendance. So check here for more details:

http://www.creationent.com/

Also remember to check out our site from time to time as we have an updated calendar for local and regional event:

www.TheStormtroopers.com

Oh one last thing, if you are a member of the official Star Wars fan club, then you will see my picture in this months magazine again, this time in the Batha Tracks section.

Thankyaverymuch.....that is all.
    -Ken

7. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    As January comes to its end, the beginning of my New Year was great, but quickly hit a low point. Some great things so far:

*3-year wedding anniversary
    *My brother, who now lives in Oregon, made a surprise visit
    *Got to see what could be my favorite NHL team (Buffalo Sabres) play in CA on 1/16
    *Been healthy, happy with friends/family time

However, things quickly took a tumble around Saturday 1/18:

--Car went to Hell, had to have repaired
    --Car had to be Smogged for DMV renewal
    --Home PC went kaput, began locking on OS bootup
    --Family turmoil
    --Wife's illness, and to further things, a debacle with the job's insurance, as they "accidentally" cancelled all of our insurance. I had to make many a phone call, and even debate with the doctor to get her medicine.

Things seem to be fine now (Most of all the bad is resolved), but things can get sour real quickly. It reminds me that one must always "live in the moment", as things can go from bad to good in an instant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.