main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Happy New Year

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Motherly_Princess, Dec 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motherly_Princess

Motherly_Princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2004
    Well the silly Season is over and we are into the New Year, Happy New Year.

How did everybody's night go?

I stayed at home with my family and had a good time, due to illness we didn't make it to midnight!

So tell all . . . .

Please sad puppy dog eyes

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    We went to Victor Harbour for the night, after spending the afternoon at Greenhills Adventure Playground. Got a little sun and canoed, waterslid and bounced before heading into town. Stayed in my Aunties motel and had a nice BBQ dinner before going to the carnival and concert. Came back and watched Robbie Williams in Concert for a while before wandering back down the beach to watch the fireworks. Pretty speccy...slept in a bit and got home around 12..so not much 'partying' but a nice family orientated and quiet new year.

3. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Went Around to Sisters house, there was 17 kids, 12 adluts, 1st half of the evening was spent out side with the 'guset' Jedi Master(me) teaching the kids how to ues a Lightsaber (well sorta), then played games, card games, borad games, etc. Then celebrated new years eve at 10:30pm, most people went home, the few that stayed, watched the fire works, then everyone went howe after midnight, then I got to sleep about 3am.
    (woke up about 1:30pm)
    :D :D

4. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Happy New Year! Stayed at home but did see in the New Year as did the junior Meanders surprisingly! Caught glimpses of the Tea Tree Gully fireworks over the back fence :)

5. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    My night was good. Went into the city (Sydney) and spent a couple of hours with my Nana, then my parents and I went to Darling Harbour and saw the fantastic fireworks.... we didn't get home till around 1.30am.

Plenty of people EVERYWHERE....and many bottles of booze seen. The cops did a good job with things..

6. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Yes,Dash, we Saw those fireworks on Telly, They would have been AWSOME in RL. =P~

7. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Went to a party being held by a friend in the city, got home at 4:15. Was a good night.

8. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    Yay! dashy went down near my work!

I spent NYE with about 600 people my age at a ball, where we were all dressed up to the nines. It was sooo much fun. The set of music right as new years hit was perfectly chosen.

9. dashleebo

Oct 18, 2003
    What sort of music was it, Milney?

10. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    Well, there was alot of songs where you could dance with a 'special someone' (and I did in every single one), we had a couple of dances like 'nutbush city limits), the New Years set had 'should old aquaintance be forgot' and a couple of other songs about changing your ways and stuff.

It was very, very fun :D

11. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Which is called "Auld Lang Syne".
    Mine was pretty boring... went out to a friends house,
    drank light beer, waited for midnight went home at around 1:15. Az was running amok all night.
    New Years Eve just ain't what it used to be.

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    They are different with kids......welcome to the 'parent trap' :p

13. Nawara-Ven

Nawara-Ven Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    for those who were wondering.....yes, I'm alive, and I made it. I slept for a verrrry long time, and now I'm back studying where I should be.

Mum and Dad had the kids for nye and the next night, which was fantastic of them.

I wonder how everyone else pulled up?

There were lollies everywhere, I think the ants might have had a good time. And the cats didn't need breakfast - they had a wonderful feast of pretzels, chips and whatever else they could find.

Thankyou all for sharing, sorry my radio ***t itself at midnight - next time I'll have a backup just in case. We had a good time though, didn't we? :D

14. Quinten_JarVos

Quinten_JarVos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2004
    Oh yes it was fun :)

One destoryed Death Star by lightsaber :)
    two lovelies handcuffed together (mind you with brusies on one of them lol)
    Lollies
    a wonderful array of food
    a fairy and fun

best new years i've had in a while

thankie auntie julie!! :)

15. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    photos to follow (I hope) :D

oh, and yes, one dead death star pinata.....maybe next years can be an ewok? :D

16. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    I feel so happy with the new year that I made a little addition to Dash's wonderful banner.

<<<<<<<<<<<<< Its over on that side.

17. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    I had a good time as well :D

Learnt about sword fighting from Quinten and hangover was bearable ;) Until i ate that is....

18. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Does this mean that I was the only sober person on the night ?
    Thats depressing.
    At least the christian channel on Foxtel was entertaining.

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    No evil both Justifier and myself were sober as judges......his 'hard stuff' was his litre of water and mine was a small bottle of coke.....huge... :p

20. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    If it makes you guys feel better I only had a few drinks but the beer + champers had me acting like a 15 year old with his first drinks ever!!! In bed mumbling silly stuff by 2am...

I made up for it the next two days by having a 26 hour post nye party!

And now I feel like an old man and am just getting over it. ;) Lovely!

Seriously, it was a good time with some good (old and new) friends. Tempered by the sobering events happening in our region. Off to make a difference by donating some $$ tomorrow. Which will make it a better new years than the frivolous partying done over the last week because it will make a difference (I hope).

21. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    ah.....oz-Skipp's new years sounds like mine.....I was told that I was carrying on like a baby when I went to bed...but I guess when you're not sure which position to lie in to get the most comfortable, you do that...

didn't do any post partying though - I felt like I was 800 years old already (when 800 years old you get, look as good you will not! :) )

I'm planning on making the $$$ donation this week, what I can out of my pension - also going to be helping out with a village that Mum's church is planning on adopting with whatever I can. It did make things a little more sombre this year I think - I had it in the back of my mind the whole time....and then watching the special on channel nine the other night really brought it home - tears flowed freely in this house, I can tell you....

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I donated $$ last week, but intend to give more today as it's payday. I just feel helpless and it's the least I can do...I even asked Justifier if we wanted another child, and we loosly discussed adoption.......

23. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    I like the addition to the banner, btw Milney! :D Well done!!
    over there
    <<<<<<<<-------
    for those who didn't look! :)

24. Dave-Jedi

Dave-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2004
    *pops head in- Pokes tongue out* Happy new Year to all friends & Neighbours :p

25. dashleebo

Oct 18, 2003
    Thanks Milney! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.