1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:VIC "Happy New Years!" from those loveable idiots at Mandalore Inc: Where Huggard's light shines eternal

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Protege-of-Thrawn, Dec 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Just want to wish everyone a happy New Years as it's now well into NYE, and hope you all get drunk, be merry, and enjoy the journey into next year!

It's been a BIG year for Mandalore, where we have seen a war started and finished, the Dump and the Big V help ressurrect our ailing forum, many new friends join, some old ones fade away, and of course, the infamous "New Ager" debacle.
    We've started our own political party, whose influence is growing strong in the JC Election, we've gained some listeners for our radio show on 98.7FM, 3RPP (tune in! ;)) and we've watched a new breed of larrakin grow up here in VicFF, in the random yet FIRM atmosphere created by Mandalore and all of its subsidaries.

But the question I now put to you, our loyal fans/victims, is this: What next?

What would you like the creative genius of Mandalore Inc. to tackle next? We've done wars, we're doing politics, and we've been firm up to now...but how to go one better? What can We do to HELP you and VicFF grow stronger, grow better, and have fun at the same time?

This NYE, whilst we all wish each other a happy time in this thread, also think of how we can contribute more next year, as the Mandalore Crew hit University.

Write US our New Years resolution, and have a happy and safe night!
  2. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    As the Roving Disciple of Huggard, I would also like to wish everyone a safe and happy New Year. Stick to those resolutions (one of which, I hope, will be to post more at VicFF!) and enjoy the festivities tonight. Keep safe, have fun, and we'll see you next year!
  3. DarkJediTJ Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah yes and I would like to come out and say something to all people born in the ninth/tenth month of the year thick about how long your parents had carried you for and it might just give you a hint of why your on this planet.

A awful thought but still it explains a fare bit about what beer can do.

(No offence intented)
  4. Rogue_Product Jedi Master

star 4
    It was only a matter of time before PoT opened another pointless thread, but since it is a pointless time for celebration, I think it's great! After only 6 months of cruising around here (spamming as I went), it's been a lot of fun and may the new year bring even more random and useless posting from the beloved Mandalore! To those wasting themselves tonight, all the best and sink one for me. For those sad pathetic losers who are staying in tonight (such as myself due to other commitments and a heavy drinking night planned tomorrow), be here and I shall entertain you! May the new year grant each and every one of you the best opportunities and, for those making a fresh start on such an occasion, I wish you all the best! On a more serious note, the road toll stands at 14 for Victoria, let's keep VicFF from upping those numbers (that's your RP lecture for the day).

Have a pleasantly intoxicated new year!
  5. Y2K-ThePitdroid Jedi Padawan

:: Walks through with sparklers and a big Happy New Years! Banner ::
  6. Jet-Eye Jedi Master

star 4
    *ahem* That's 15 now, RP...

Scary and sad, I'd say.
  7. DarkJediTJ Jedi Master

star 4
    Well Once again just for the Hell of it. and to get us out of the Dpression, HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!!!
  8. fatboyslim Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello all, I have just celebrated the NYE a day late with RP, and let me just inform your all that he collapsed in a heap at approximately 1:30 after half a bottle of bourbon.

Personally however as a newbie I just wanted to wish everyone who writes in any threads related to mandalore (and what the hell anyone else) a happy new year i hope you enjoyed it as much as i am myself right now.

Happy New Year to all from FbS
  9. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Thanks Slim: It's good to have you with us.

Crickey, it's nearly 3am and I'm still up, still pissed as a fart, and still posting semi-coherently!

Yah for me!
  10. Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Master

star 4
    So what's it now? 5th?, 6th? time you posting pissed PoT?
  11. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I think the 6th. It happens more regularly then I'll admit to. ;)
  12. Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Master

star 4
    So that explains all those inconherant post no one understands!

But then again, knowing you, you were probablly completely sober at the time ;)
  13. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    The trick of it is: If I make sense, I'm drunk, if it's incoherent nonsense, I'm probably sober and chatting to the Imperial French Meese in the background about the topography of inflationary mould growth.
  14. AdmiralZaarin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I had the 1812 Overture blaring so loud I had rocks thrown at my house.

NSW's toll is the lowest in 50 years! :) While Victoria's is the highest for ages :(
  15. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Aah yes celebrating New Years Eve! I remember as a youngster getting very drunk. 10 shots of sambuca in 10 mins, and a little more during the night. I was sitting in a lush green field talking to Lee Harvey Oswald and he was telling me JFK jokes. Suddenly I woke up sitting against a pole behind my local Coles supermarket Sunday morning. Those were the days of waking up the next day without a lot of feeeling in your legs and taking a while to be able to walk.
    I dream of being able to handle those days again!
  16. Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Master

star 4
    ...So, not much has changed Mixo? ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.