main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Happy Thanksgiving!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by buffy_wine, Nov 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I don't have that album. It's on his first cd, "They're All Gonna Laugh at You.", the one I have is his 2nd, "What the Hell Happened to Me?"

BUT...you can download the video from SNL by going here

2. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    Cool! Turkey, turkey, turkey!

3. yodaman12002

yodaman12002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2003
    my name is michael rimns with bicycle
    i will eat turky all da-a-ay
    no idea where that one came from but it is in my head 12-4

4. buffy_wine

Nov 8, 2003
    I like the one he sings at Christmas too, JD!

5. yodaman12002

Oct 24, 2003
    hust thought i would drop by and say turkey

6. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    Remember that episode of South Park where Timmy had the pet turkey named "Gobbles?"

GOBBLES!!!

7. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
  8. buffy_wine

Nov 8, 2003
  9. yodaman12002

Oct 24, 2003
    gobbles you say. man what a pitty i don't have cable so i can't watch such wonderfull tv as that.
    turkey
    turkey
    turkey

turkey

10. Dikion

Dikion Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    I've had quite a few extractions in my time, too many teeth not enough gum. Has seven taken out in sixth grade, four perm. I have no eye teeth. Guess my mouth is blind.
    Braces were just two years of pain.

I had all four wisdom taken out at once in college. Went to oral surgen (both times), don't trust dentists w/ knives. They used general anistia. All I remember is them telling me to lay down, I closed my eyes for a blink, and when I opened them back up I was in a different room and had all this gauze in my mouth. They gave me pain killers for the week after, great way to spend a spring break, eh?
    But the pills weren't strong enough, I was awake and in pain and loopey, later the doc said "So take two instead of one" That was nice to know, afterwards.

So my advice is if they have to do any cutting, go to surgeon. And most of all general aniestia. I don't like being able to see and hear what's going on during surgery.
    And always listen to them about no bubbley drinks, no sucking of any kind (i.e. straws, smoking, ect) I've heard dry socket is really really painful.
    -D-

11. buffy_wine

Nov 8, 2003
    Doesn't sound like a fun spring break. My pain killers were to strong for me, and they made me really loopy. I was so loopy, I didn't go to class. :D

12. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    going under is the only way to do it...had one out a few months ago (only had 3, yes i AM a freak of nature.) Woke up and couldn't walk straight or stop laughing for a few hours...was sooo much fun.

And then came dry socket.

Not so much fun.

Don't do the saltwater rinse, my regular dentist says it doesn't work on the majority of people, and he recommends listerine. That was much better, and the pain went away after only 2 days.

The moral of the story is: Drugs ARE good.

13. buffy_wine

Nov 8, 2003
    I used salt water for a long time and I still got a infection. Grrr. They also said girls are more likely to get infections then guys are. Not fair.

14. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    hrm...my doc told me specifically NOT to do the saltwater thing b/c it could cause the dry socket...guess your stuff needs to clot up first or something. I dunno, that was like 5 or 6 years ago. The pain meds they gave me were friggin GREAT. They knocked me right out every time I took em, and even if I was awake, I was stoned as hell and didn't feel the pain.

Working the 2nd or 3rd day after the surgery kinda sucked though...

15. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    salt water increases the chance for infection by irritating the tissue and it can cause dry socket.

16. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I did go to an oral surgeon to have all four of mine out at the same time, had no real problems, they just used a local, it was real funky to be able to feel the wisdom teeth being yanked out (kind of a dull sensation, no pain).

He offered me the good drugs but I always ask if I can just get by with motrin ib (I get addicted to good stuff easy so I avoid the good drugs if I can) he said give it a try, so I just used motrin ib for a day or two.

I did do the salt rinses, no problem with dry socket.

17. Aqua

Aqua Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2003
    Mine were in high school. Summer before junior year. All four were cracked and removed after cutting open my jaw. They wouldn't put me out all the way, so despite the doctor's insistence that I wouldn't remember a thing, I remembered everything (hence the note about cracking and cutting.)

The very next day I was out attempting to lead a marching band (yes, I am that much of a geek :) .) Yelling over a football field is challenging when your face has doubled in size.

18. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Wow! :eek: And people wonder why I still have mine :p

Actually, they will have to be cut out at some point :( Just gonna have to save up the money... And enough nerve, since I can't use general anesthesia :_|

19. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    My wisdom teeth were pulled my freshman year of HS. I was put under, but woke up when they were extracting the lower right tooth. Oddly enough, save the dry sockets, that was the only tooth that hurt.

Dry sockets suck.... especially when your mother unit thinks you're addicted to the pain killers rather than venturing to guess that there is a lot of pain. -=shakes head=-

20. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Only had my top two removed (maily because I had my lower 12 year molars removed when I was 14 so I had room down there). It hurt mainly because they had grown into my sinuses and I had a lot of damage done in the removal process. The good thing is that top teeth drain very well so they healed fairly quickly. Still upset about missing the Ren Faire though.

And Obi-wannabe, I know what you mean about getting addicted to those drugs. Withdrawl is not a fun thing [face_plain] And of course they perscribed WAAAAY to much vicadin for me.

21. buffy_wine

Nov 8, 2003
    That sounds painful on all accounts. :mad: doctors! They told me to use the salt water! Oh well.

22. yodaman12002

Oct 24, 2003
    yah, teeth suck.
    but the pain pills you get when they are takin out also suck.
    turkey
    turkey
    turkey

turkey, only 3 days left till turkey. not counting today

23. buffy_wine

Nov 8, 2003
    I probabely won't be online during Thanksgiving break so I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving and a fun almost week off!

24. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    All four of mine were impacted when they were removed a couple months after HS graduation. They put me under for it, and I seem to recall only being in discomfort for a couple of days thereafter.

Now the surgical removal of chronic in-grown toenails, I was...unfortunately...awake for...

25. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I am also a freak of nature, I had only two wisdom teeth. They never broke through the gum, they were up in my jaw. During the surgery, they put me completely under and removed part of the jaw bone to get them out. The roots went way up into my sinuses so they had to do some sinus surgery as well. Upon waking the pain was excruciating. I ended up with the worst sinus infection of my entire life, but no dry socket. :D

Theres a funny story....I had to put my tongue ring in after, and I could barely open my mouth. My friend tried to help, but my mouth was full of blood and cotton. I finally got it back in, but it was pretty gross.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.