main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Happy to be joining!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by BrachioInGen, Nov 5, 2012.

1. BrachioInGen

BrachioInGen Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2012
    Hey all, I thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Bernard and this is my first time at this forum but I am no stranger to many communities online. I have a feeling there are probably 4-5 people on this forum who will recognize me actually lol

Anyway, my speciality is music, film, and sound. I've done a few studies of sound, mostly in another franchise I love 'Jurassic Park' where i moderated a forum for many years, but I also worked at some Star Wars sites and helped out there.

John Williams is one of my idols and the scores to Star Wars are top on my list (with Episode I being my absolute favourite of the franchise).

Ask me anything about the film scores and I could either answer it or find the answer. I did complete score studies for each of the 6 films and, although I've stepped away from the community for some time, and pretty well versed on Star Wars music.

As for why I'm here, I really want to get more involved in an active community and one of my dreams is to do film scores. I wrote/ performed/ produced a score to a Jurassic Park fan film along with the sfx editing for it. We were all pretty young and wide eyed when we did it and we all learned a lot on the project but it still holds a great place in my heart.

I'm really excited to be joining because I want to contribue something to the community as well. I'm very well versed on audio editing and know a few tricks as well as with my knowledge of Star Wars film scores, I am pretty much well equipped to work with or help out on any sort of projects.

Anyway, I'm happy to be here, would love everyone to say hi! (especially if you know me lol) and am excited to be around!

Thanks!

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Welcome... to the Jedi Council Forums!

I too am a fellow Jurassic Park fan and I thought that I recognised your username from a few Jurassic Park related sites.

Welcome aboard and I hope that you'll enjoy it here!

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome to the Jedi Council Forums!! The music to these movies is iconic! People who've not even seen the movies know the music!

4. BrachioInGen

Nov 5, 2012
    Hey! Yea, I've been around the JP community for years... since 2000, but recently stepped away. I'm known by a few names depending on the community but they all kinda merge too lol

BrachioInGen
    GoodMusician

And yes! The music to the films is EXTREMELY iconic, that's why I fought so hard to study it! The preservation and presentation of the film scores is so...lackluster that it pisses me off that such an important and iconic part of our history and artistic heritage as a RACE of humans, is so poorly handled.

Thanks for the warm welcome :-D

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  5. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
  6. BrachioInGen

Nov 5, 2012
    Hiya lol