main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON Happy Valentines Day guys!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by SarahSkywalker, Feb 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarahSkywalker

SarahSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    "just before v-day" is pretty current. So what's the plan? You staying here or going back to B.C??? When're you thinking of getting married??? What's going on? I thought you were breaking up. And how come we haven't met her yet?

2. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    You staying here or going back to B.C???

We're going back to BC together in July.

When're you thinking of getting married???

Probably summer 2004, but we're not sure yet.

What's going on? I thought you were breaking up.

Good God no. That was just me being paranoid. [face_plain]

And how come we haven't met her yet?

Please don't take offence to this, but she's not a fan, and so I don't think taking her to a Star Wars fan club event would be such a good idea. She doesn't know I'm a fan, she doesn't know I come here, and I'd rather keep it that way. If I introduced her to you, I'd have to lie, and I can't do that. I certainly can't expect you people to, either.

3. SarahSkywalker

Sep 24, 2002
    Whoa, double life. What, you think she'd think you were a...geek?
    Where do you tell her you go? Or do you and she not have to know where each other is 24/7?

What's she going to do in B.C? School? Work? Where will she live?

How'd you two meet?

Did you give her a ring yet?

What do her parents think of her moving out west with you and how old is she?

4. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Whats wrong with being a fan? Stephanie never even saw the films till she met me. Its not like we are weird or anything...just a group that's focus its the gathering for a common hobby.

What are you going to do when you get hitched? Hide it totally? When you are interested in something, she should be a part of it...maybe not a fan...look at Paul and Sarah for example, or Deb and Robert, Steph and I. One loves Star Wars, the other accepts it and supports us. In fact Paul and I both have benefitted from it, lol! Like my Hanger duel Anakin :D

Or do you plan on going to SWA...Star Wars Anonymous :)

5. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Whoa, double life.

I've led a double life for years. None of my family, friends from work, or friends from high school know I'm a fan, or that I come here, with the exception of my best friend, who is a member here. In the interests of avoiding being labelled as a nerd, I've deliberately kept my online life and my offline life separate. My best friend is the only link between the two. For anyone who doesn't know yet, my online life will be ending in July when Erin and I move in together. Please don't spread that around. It could hurt me in the election.

What, you think she'd think you were a...geek?

Well, it wouldn't make me look good. :p

Where do you tell her you go? Or do you and she not have to know where each other is 24/7?

We only have an event once a month or so, so I don't tell her anything.

What's she going to do in B.C? School? Work?

Both.

Where will she live?

We're renting out a basement together.

How'd you two meet?

We both started working at A&P at the same time. She was hired a day or two after I was. We went through training together and became good friends. At this point, I was still with my ex. Things started developing between Erin and I, and so I broke up with my ex. We used to work in the same department, and so we'd see each other a lot, but now I've been transferred to produce and she's been transferred to seafood. Neither of us work on cash at all anymore. She smells like fish, but I live with it. ;) You might know who she is, Deb, because you're in there from time to time. Not the short Erin that works cash and service desk. The other one.

Did you give her a ring yet?

Not yet, for financial reasons, but that's a problem I hope to remedy in the near future.

What do her parents think of her moving out west with you and how old is she?

They don't like it, but they know, as mine did, that you have to leave the nest sometime. She turned 18 on Groundhog Day.

Its not like we are weird or anything...just a group that's focus its the gathering for a common hobby.

That's true, but try telling that to people who arn't fans.

What are you going to do when you get hitched? Hide it totally?

Nothing to hide. I'm only a casual fan. But, my membership in this group gives the impression that I'm an über-fan.

Perhaps I will bring her to an event sometime, but you guys would have to promise that you wouldn't mention SW. Can you do that? ;)

6. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Well I'm not a huge fan either. I mean I love Star Wars...but its more in the costumes and props and special effects, lol. Its a creative outlet :)

Actually to be of note, Steph said she at first noted that we talked Star Wars only when we saw teh DVD and played Trivial Pursuit, before then people were all talking about other stuff :)

Just cause you are in a club doesn't make you a geek :p

7. SarahSkywalker

Sep 24, 2002
    I'm surprised that since you are such a super poster and mod wannabe that you wouldn't leave here!

And Justin, you could do it my way...marry someone even more rabid than yourself...which for me is impressive.

And I have no problem being a geek. I'm happy with all the friends I met not to mention hubby to be.

8. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Or as Deb likes to say....we are freaks :)

9. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I'm not a wannabe anymore, partly becuase I plan to leave. Besides, the more I think about it, the less fun the job seems to be. If they offered it to me now, I wouldn't accept it.

10. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Wow! Congrats Chris! You might be surprised though, besides if you're going to be married you probably shouldn't be keeping that sort of thing from each other. I'll look for her in seafood next time I'm there, I usually never venture into that section.

Yup, I like to say that I'd rather be called a freak than called a geek :) What Steph said is true though. We really don't talk about Star Wars all the time, which is the great thing about all of this, that it starts with Star Wars and then it branches out to everything else and goes way beyond it.

Hehe :) Actually, Robert is quite a big fan, though not as vocal about it as I am. Of course he constantly teases me because I'm a "new" fan and he's old school, playing with the toys since day one. I can definitely say that I've benefited though ;)

For my birthday just after Episode I came out (and before we started going out) he made me a cardboard podracer and stuck a Gold Yoda can and another Yoda can from Europe inside it. That was really crazy! Then one day while I was working at Sobey's as a cashier, he came through the line and popped a Destiny Can on the counter. The people behind him were quite confused ;) The only problem is that he won't dress up, especially not as Anakin, because he doesn't like him, not even as a generic Jedi! So where does that leave me when I dress up as Padmé?

11. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I'll look for her in seafood next time I'm there, I usually never venture into that section.

The seafood section is only a few weeks old. It's part of the renovations. There's the counter in the front, then a little room behind it, then a set of doors and another prep room behind it. She usually works back there. It's quite convenient, becuase when it's not busy in produce, I can sneak back there. Nice and private. :) She hasn't worked there very much lately though. Seafood isn't a very big department, and there are far too many people on the schedule there. She used to work about 20 hours a week, but now she's down to about 4. Saturday morning, usually. Really early. We come in at 6 am to prepare everything for the customers. She's usually out of there by 10, but I stay until 2:30 or so. I worked 6-2:30 today, in fact. On days when we do inventory, we start at 5. :( Doing inventory for a store that sells $22 million in product per year is not fun.

12. SarahSkywalker

Sep 24, 2002
    HAHA, DEBBIENEWFAN!!!!!
    ;) {{{{{{}}}}}}}

13. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Good news and bad news.

The good news is I might be transferred to seafood soon. :D The bad news is Erin is thinking of quitting. :_|

14. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Hrm, dare I say it?

Oh I cannot resist.

I think that seems fishy!!

15. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    It has nothing to do with me. She just doesn't have time to work. She doesn't really need to, either. Like I said, she only works about 4 hours a week, and she's still making minimum wage. By the time she's paid her union dues and all, there's hardly anything left.

We're both quitting in a few months anyway. It would be nice to work with her again though. The good thing about seafood is you get a lot of free time. We'd be alone behind the counter together quite a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.