main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Hardware] What's your gaming screen?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by zacparis, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    I saw one of those new LCD LED TVs yesterday, and holy crap those things are thin. [face_hypnotized] The picture looks great too. I thought how awesome that would look running an Xbox, then it got me thinking what everyone else uses.

For my Xbox/PS3 I use a 26" Samsung LCD TV. I sit quite close so the small size isn't a problem, and for my PC I just use the little 17" laptop display.

2. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    42" Vizio LCD TV for my consoles.

19" Flat Panel LCD screen for my PC

3. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Got an early Iiyama Prolite 22" for my 360 and PC.

Wii goes through a 37" LCD tv (at 480p)

4. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Got a 32" Samsung LCD TV for my PS3 which I think is a perfect size for me, and a 22" widescreen for my PC.

Occasionally when I have the house to myself for the weekend the PS3 goes into the loungeroom onto the 52" plasma, but like I said, feel much more comfortable on the 32"

5. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    40" Samsung LCD for the PS3 (doubles as my DVD/blu-ray player), 26" TV in my room for the PS2/DVDs, and a 15.4" laptop.

6. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I [face_love] my 32" Samsung LCD HDTV.

7. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    We have a 50" Samsung 120Hz plasma HDTV, as well as a 46" Sony Bravia LCD in the living room of the house. (The latter was a holiday gift from my law firm about a year-and-a-half ago.) We recently had to trade in our former plasma for the one we now have, due to a heat-generation issue. We have it in our home theater suite, which is also where we have our Xbox 360 and Wii hooked up for HD gaming.

8. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Right now in my dorm, sitting on my desk I have a 19" Sharp LCD for my 360.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Got a good ol' non-flatpanel Phillips 36" TV I picked up about 5 years ago. Not HD or widescreen but it had the best picture quality within my price range of less than $400 (at the time), as I tend to be very picky about TV image quality (99% of all plasma/LCD/flatpanel TVs are crap, IMO, because of that fuzziness/motion noticable in the blacks/edges when you look closely at 'em; and I hate the limited field of view of rear projection screens), and I also needed as many inputs as I could find for all my home theater gear (it has 3 sets of RCA jacks, including an easy-access one on the front side, as well as the coaxial and another one I don't use, I think).

On the computing side, Macs and PC screens are 17".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.