main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Harrison Ford, Dr. Seuss and Superbowl XL?

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by mrcottonsparrot, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Okay, did I just time the psychedelics wrong, or did everyone else see that pre-show segment too? Y'know, the one where Harrison Ford was reading (and also 'part of the animation of') a Superbowl version of Dr. Seuss's "Oh, the Places You'll Go" with various gridiron heroes participating. Thank heavens I recorded the game...now I have proof of 'a new low, I'm so ashamed.' He looked like a homeless addict bum off the street...VERY bizarre... Please tell me I wasn't the only person who saw this. You remember that part when Tim Matheson is 'tripping with the Bradys!' in the BB Movie? That feeling exactly.
    The Parrot

2. GreyJediPathfinder

GreyJediPathfinder Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2005
    Actually........

I thought it was very cute and very well done.

As for the so-called 'street-bum' look....... if you had watched Jay Leno last week you'd know the reason for his goatee and moustache look is because Harrison is currently starting work on a Civil War movie.

I actually enjoyed the 'Dr Seuss' bit a heck of a lot more than the travesty of a half-time show with the Rolling Stones. Those guys looked like they died 10 years ago and just haven't had the good graces to crawl into a coffin yet. And Mick was having trouble breathing, singing and dancing at the same time.

On the other side .......

The commercials were very good this year, Budweiser did an excellent job with both of their Clydesdales commercials (the streaking sheep was hilarious!), the 'Magic Fridge' was also very hilarious! The FedEx commercial was also very good.

And of course, the 'Pirates' trailer was a great addition!

3. mrcottonsparrot

Jul 26, 2004
    I dunno, watching it, I hoped I can fit into hip-hugger pants that tight and jump around like that when *I'M* 60!!! We should be so lucky. Slammin' Jagger is really a six-of-one issue anyway, since HF's right up there with him in the geriatric set...Geezerbowl I guess! Already saw the trailer anyway, a few days ago, it's been playing on ABC (no duh).

The Parrot

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    The only commercial I really saw was the Clydesdale one with the yearling pulling the cart. Very cute. I actually was trying to watch for the commercials, but football just doesn't hold my attention for very long. Ahh well.

5. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Didn't see it. I watch Rugby.. the only REAL football! [face_laugh]

"GO NEW ZEALAND ALL-BLACKS!"

6. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Didn't see it either, but we were fast forwarding to the commercials and chompin at the bit to go watch the rest of Lost Season 1 on DVD.

We're so hooked, and gonna hate it when we have to wait a week for the next fix.

7. mrcottonsparrot

Jul 26, 2004
    Did you see the "Lost"/Robert Palmer music video jab during the game? "Might as well face it, you're addicted to Lost..." A scream!

I started watching Lost, but I lost (heh heh) track of a few episodes in the middle, so now I just am going to wait until it's all on DVD and have a giant marathon. AND my TV-industry bud found out something from HER friend who has inside dope on the show, you guys are gonna go nuts when you find out something that's coming up... I keep up with the timeline thanks to the best source available: Geeks on the Internet...

The Parrot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.