main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford (Han Solo) in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L110

L110 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2014
    whiny brat my ass.

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    It's not about bounty hunters, it's about Rebels. Whether they're pilots or not remains to be seen, but it was officially announced that Felicity Jones, the lead actress, is playing a Rebel. More than likely it is about her and her team. And I expect there will be X-wing action.

Cushing's Admirer and Iron_lord like this.
  3. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    There is a positive side to Han Solo's death. He'll finally get to meet that rebel officer in hell.

4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    your assuming that Rebel officer went to Hell.[face_devil]:p

Millennium Fairlane likes this.
  5. KenW

KenW Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 25, 2015
    If they don't go to hell, it's a retcon. ;)

6. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    If Han dies in this movie, it should be following the same pattern as the first chapters of the last two trilogies: ie.a major character dies in order to push another towards their destinies. With the prequels it was Qui-Gon to make Obi-Wan train Anakin and in the originals, it was Obi-Wan so that Luke would seek out Yoda for his Jedi training.

Now with Han in this movie, it would be him dying to push Rey into fulfilling her destiny.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  7. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    If Han dies in TFA like it seems, I'd still love to see him make an "appearance" in Ep. 8. Call it fan service all you want, but if there is a scene in Ep. 8 in which Luke and/or Leia discover a hologram message on the Falcon that Han made before his death as a message to them, I would be on the floor in a puddle of tears.

iluvkoalas likes this.
  8. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014

So, Luke, where were you, buddy, when I needed to collect on that one left you owed me? And... Leia, why'd you leave me, baby...?

iluvkoalas and Rodie like this.
  9. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    So there is a hell in Star Wars besides Han's polite swearing? :D

10. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    No, Episode VIII is all about resurrecting Han.

11. not4thethril

not4thethril Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2014
    I watched this interview with George Lucas about the PT's and he said each movie echoed the other like poetry (Anakins hand cut off, Lukes Hand cut off, Vaders hand cut off etc...). Do you think there will be a part in the movie where Han says to Kylo Ren " Kylo, I am your father"?

12. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003
    Let's hope not

GunganSlayer, MarcJordan and Rabs like this.
  13. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014

The way the rumors make it seem his death won't have that type of effect on her. May have an effect on someone else though.

14. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Honestly I hope this is NOT the reason Han or Luke will likely die in these movies. You do NOT need to kill the Mentors to make a kid mature.

15. JBFett007

JBFett007 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 23, 2014
    I disagree. I think we're going in the opposite direction when it comes to SFX. In 10 years we're going to be seeing a lot of movies with more traditional film making being put into them. Fury Road is being considered a landmark film by many, and that means there's going to be a **** ton of imitators in the years to come. Also JJ and much of the Star Wars crew have expressed time and again that the new Star Wars are going to be practical FX heavy.

Furthermore, as a personal note, I would not pay money to see some fake CGI version of a famous actor take up a role just for the cash grab.

16. JBFett007

JBFett007 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 23, 2014
    The reports stated Harrison only suffered minor injuries, and was able to walk away from the crash. He's fine, probably just laying low until Blade Runner starts filming.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Not for those who trust in Waru.

18. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013

No. He broke his pelvis, which is not a minor injury, especially at 72. And he did not walk away from the crash -- he was carried away on a stretcher (there are photos of this, which some clever folks photoshopped to make it look like he was in carbonite).

That said, the early reports said he is expected to make a full recovery. Hopefully he is fine and just laying low as he recovers. However, given his age and the fact that he hasn't been seen since the accident, it is understandable that some of us are a bit concerned.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...rison-fords-crash-injuries-detailed/24519729/

Millennium Fairlane likes this.
  19. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

Agreed. I won't pay to see an imitation, much less a digital one.

I am delighted that a lot of practical FX and ways of doing things are returning. I would hope this would ultimately include more characterization.

For me, there's no need for a young Han Solo film. Not just because of Ford, but also Han himself. I do not need to know every last thing about him. They've got plenty of characters to work with.

20. Darth Archibald

Darth Archibald Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2014
  21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I saw that come through earlier. That's awesome news to see him out and about! The lull in any kind of news/sightings was a bit concerning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hitchhiking-Ghost and Claire1976 like this.
  22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Aw, that's great. Glad to hear he's made such a good recovery. :)

23. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    that's what happens when you drink from the grail.

24. Santar

Santar Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 3, 2014
  25. jc1138

jc1138 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 16, 2004
    I'm looking forward to how much Han is changed from RotJ. It doesn't really get discussed much (that I'm aware of) but there is a lot of precedent between Star Wars episodes of characters changing in pretty significant ways. A few:

-Anakin in AotC's to RotS. In AotC's he is very much a teenager and show off, in RotS he is more mature, weary, and careful (look at how Obi-Wan does that awesome flip/slash when he gets out of his Jedi star fighter on the Separatist ship, and how Anakin just unbuckles his straps and gets out regular-like).
    -Luke in ESB and RotJ. Luke is much more assured in RotJ, and calmer. He is pretty agitated many times in ESB, but in RotJ he is more tranquil (facing Jabba, getting tied up by Ewoks, etc.) (of course, there is the notable exception of when he rises to Vader's bait in the throne room--pretty upset to say the least).
    -Vader in ESB and RotJ. Shown really well in Luke's capture scene.
    -Darth Sidious/The Emperor in RotS and RotJ. He is more active in RotS, more sedate with the weight of years of absolute rule in RotJ. Fairly subtle, but there are changes between the end of RotS and RotJ.
    -Many other examples.

With Han, he seemed to soften a bit between ANH and ESB. A LITTLE less sarcastic, a little less argumentative. In TFA, I don't doubt we'll sarcasm and some snark from Han, but how will he have changed? Mellowed? A little less self-assured? More fatalistic?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.