main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford (Han Solo) in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobShanti

RobShanti Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2009
    Oh, no doubt. And the "no depth" comment I can at least see where he's coming from, even if I don't necessarily agree with it.

But "dumb as a stump"? Why? I never understood that criticism of Han Solo.

JediMatteus likes this.
  2. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    The thing I don't get is ....all this info makingstarwars is talking about takes place before force awakens? So how do we know about this stuff within the realm of the movie? It expects us to research all the book material before seeing the movie?

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  3. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Good point; the opening crawl can provide only so much information. I am guessing that we will have to take certain things at face value. Hopefully the exposition will unfold in an interesting way.
    I must say that if the plot rumors are true, I will give JJ some credit for risk taking (e.g. Luke only at the end; Han a sad old drunk; and no interaction between Han, Luke, and Leia).

DaddlerTheDalek and jerellis1 like this.
  4. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    I suspect most of this information will be irrelevant to the movie itself. I suspect there will be something about the Battle of Jaku, and that the Empire has not been heard from in some time.

That's all you kinda need to know, really.

5. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Han did have depth. He was an old smuggler/scoundrel, even outlaw. Underneath all that was a man of immense honor and courage, an actual hero waiting in the wings to come out.

6. TurboPGT

TurboPGT Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 15, 2015
    Credit? No. Credit is definitely not the word. The word is some kind of unimaginable expletive that hasn't even been written. There is very little doubt about the structure of the film and its sequences...and the horrific misuse of the Han, Leia, and Luke is criminal. I don't blame JJ, because I fault Lucas and co. for selling out to Disney in the first place. But script wise, if the best they can come up with is "lets get the big 3 back...not have a single scene in which one interacts with the other." Its just an absolutely abysmal self-destruction.

I can't think of a single aspect of this film that matches what any fan of the franchise wants it to be. Whats the point? Oh thats right. The huge take that Disney has banked on. Forgot.

Prisic Duskleap and JediMatteus like this.
  7. TurboPGT

Jul 15, 2015

How can you possibly not believe it? This is exactly the kind of garbage that is destined to come out of Disney's permanent ruination of the Star Wars franchise. It will be one horrible pandering movie after another.

Notice how all JJ Abrams can say during interviews is some tired garbage about how overwhelmed and humbled is to be directing Star Wars? Distracts entirely away from legitimate discussion about the film. He's never on record saying the film is going to great, or even good. When it sucks, and the fans absolutely hate it, and him, he will disappear into obscurity, while the next director comes in for all to pin their hopes and dreams on.

JediMatteus likes this.
  8. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015

lol chill. I was surprised at the idea of Han dying before meeting Luke too but for the most part it is a good story so who knows?

a few other things to note: Han being a "sad old drunk" is probably inaccurate and at most just one part of his character. kind of like how a bunch of people saw that Luke went into self-exile and automatically assumed "what a failure **** you disney". disney isn't deciding the story lol. and how is this "selling out" when the logical "sell out" thing to do would have a huge nostalgia fest with a bunch of big 3 together scenes? I get the feeling some of you just want the ST to have some PT style villain and the big 3 all get together and beat the villains and that's all there is to it lol.

9. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Lucas gets a free pass for replacing Alec Guinness with Ewan McGregor, but when Disney replaces Harrison, the internet explodes.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

darthmomm likes this.
  10. RobShanti

Jan 6, 2009
    I don't know if this is a fair analogy, though, JKW. Ben Kenobi was an old man when we first met him, so it was easy to accept Ewan MacGregor as a twenty-something Obi-Wan. The DECADES in difference in age acts as a sufficient buffer.

But when we first meet Han Solo, he's already only barely out of his twenties. Replacing him with another actor to play a version of that same character only a few years younger is going to be difficult to accept for many fans.

I will admit, though, I loved all of the incarnations of Indiana Jones, from River Phoenix to Neil Patrick Flannery to George Hall. (Didn't much care for that little kid, though.) So, maybe it can be pulled off. But I'd be happier if the Han Solo spin-off film is set between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens, and stars Harrison as Han.

Just because Han may die in TFA doesn't mean Harrison can't continue to play him in anthology films that precede Episode VII. Vader's going to be in Rogue One, so, why not Harrison in an anthology film?

And just because Han dies in TFA doesn't mean that Harrison can't portray holographic versions of Han in the next two films (although I wouldn't hold my breath).

11. TurboPGT

Jul 15, 2015
    Anything like that would be better than the horrid concoction they've vomited out for Disney.

As far as I'm concerned this Disney bull**** is not even canon. The true stories of these characters have already been told in the expanded universe, in the most logical and sensible fashion imaginable. Those stories are the legitimate successor to the original trilogy. This horrific **** that they are actually making is an insult to the original characters, and I still can't believe it's actually happening.

12. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    I am actually hopeful for the movie. Especially if The Jurassic world/ Guardians of the Galaxy guy is Han Solo.

13. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

He's older than Ford was in ANH, so it won't happen.

Solo-Skywalker likes this.
  14. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    They are trying to get him though.

15. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    Here is all Han needs to do in this movie -

- Have a few scoundrel-like lines.
    - Look grumpy.
    - Blast some troopers.
    - Say 'Chewie, get us outta here!'
    - Get his foot trapped in a door.
    - Recall a story about Luke.
    - Save Rey and Finn from certain doom.
    - Confront Kylo Ren and barely escape with his life.
    - Make sure Rey gets to complete her mission of finding Luke by sacrificing himself.

16. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    So many LOLs here!

Don't hold back fella!

TK327, Artoo-Dion and HanSolo29 like this.
  17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Not for Han. The rumors are for Indy.

18. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Welcome to the boards. You've already lost all credibility with me.

I mean, wow, you must not have read some of the same EU sludge that I haveā€¦.

19. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014

TFA, if anything, is more canon than the OT!! Personally I am taking it as the start of it's own canon and everything else is either semi-canon (the movies), non-canon (spinoffs, comics, books) or worse. The focus is on the here and now, this movie.

Is...something I would say if my mind had well and truly gone!! xD Everyone should just sit back and enjoy all Star Wars has to offer us, canon or no! :) Let's live together in harmony!

20. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Generally people that are sad and hang out at bars all the time are probably not drinking Shirley Temples. I think it's safe to assume he won't be staggering about throughout the movie, however.

21. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    "And just because Han dies in TFA". I love how many people treat that rumor as 100% fact. I know it's likely, but it's still just a rumor. But what if he pulls a Shifu? ;)

[​IMG]

darthmomm likes this.
  22. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Ot is just as canon as tfa. The EU was very good in most cases , and it should be respected.

23. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    If you think han doesn't die you are in serious denial. Literally everything has panned out from those rumors

24. RobShanti

Jan 6, 2009
    Leave it to forumgoers to call you out on every word you write as literally as possible.

Did you read my post? I don't accept as 100% certain. Context. Context.

25. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I don't even believe Han is really in the movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.