main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford (Han Solo) in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bergstrom

bergstrom Jedi Master star 2

Jan 26, 2004
  2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Heard a rumour the films will tell. :p

3. bergstrom

bergstrom Jedi Master star 2

Jan 26, 2004
  4. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Would not surprise me one bit if a dead Han Solo still cameos in Episode 8. Could be a hologram recording that's integral to the plot or maybe a Force vision that Luke,Rey or Leia has. If they are fitting Han into the OT Obi-Wan mentor mold, then why not use him to influence or interact from beyond the grave? Just in a non Force Ghost way.

Yanksfan and Artoo-Dion like this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Just as long as it isn't a Force Ghost.

6. darthmomm

darthmomm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    I do not believe HS dies during the first movie.

He will die but in the second or third movie. His entire story would have been told with the anthology from start to finish and I believe it will be linear.

I believe it is Kylo who is silenced forever and MSW was fed disinformation on purpose.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Master_Lok, ThinWhiteDuke and LuvLeia like this.
  7. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I hope they don't pull off a Star Trek Generations.

8. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I'd prefer Han living deeper into the trilogy and Kylo dying in the first film.

Anyway, I like your idea. :)

9. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    I also have the nagging feeling that Han might survive after all. If after all these rumors and leaks about Han's death they pull this off, then the "Mystery Box" was a big success.
    If he truly dies though, I think that this will be the infamous "NOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOO!" moment that is, like the "I have a bad feeling about this" line in every episode:

I: Obi Wan screaming, when Qui Gonn gets stabbed
    II: Qui Gonn's spirirt voice when Anakin wipes out the Tusken camp
    III: Vader:_|
    IV: Luke, when Vader strikes down Obi Wan
    V: Luke, several times during the parentage revealation
    VI: Luke when he attacks Vader and Vader himself, retroactivlly inserted in the BluRay release, when Vader decides to save his son

thejeditraitor likes this.
  10. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    You're picturing something along these lines presumably?

Darkslayer likes this.
  11. Mommy.Is.A.Jedi

Mommy.Is.A.Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2015
    When I first read the "Han dies" spoiler, I was so angry. For weeks. Over the months, I've come to accept it. I'm glad I've had time to process it, because seeing it first hand while watching the movie would have been horrible. That being said, I'm still hoping that someone, somewhere along the line, got some misinformation. Does anyone know for sure how many movies each actor/actress is contracted for?

darthmomm likes this.
  12. Lawrence Futol

Lawrence Futol Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 8, 2013
    I wasn't that shocked to be honest to hear he might die. Harrison wanted Han to die in Return of the Jedi and suddenly he's enthusiastic when he read the script for TFA. Also, he's essentially the Obi-Wan, the "old fossil" now to the next generation so it makes sense that he die just like Obi-Wan did.

13. LuvLeia

LuvLeia Jedi Padawan star 1

May 16, 2015
    I believe someone dies, a major player. I think it's either Han or quite possibly Chewie.

darthmomm likes this.
  14. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Did anyone see J.J. on Jon Stewart last night? Practically all the Star Wars talk was about Harrison and his fast healing.

15. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    They have to talk about something since we know that JJ won't be giving up any new info.

16. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    And? They never mentioned the new cast, Mark, Carrie...shooting overseas...

I'm not complaining; after all the segment was short. Just thought it was interesting that the entire focus was Harrison.

17. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    That's what Stewart wanted to talk about. That's how it goes.

18. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Sure, I know - and I did say the segment was short (meaning there's only so much to talk about in the time allotted). Just thought the Harrison thread might be interested in the Harrison talk.

TheBBP likes this.
  19. LuvLeia

May 16, 2015
    JJ is smart and knows what the audience wants and WHO his lead is. This is why it's hard to believe they kill of Han this soon in the trilogy. If he was only worried about one single movie, then it would be very dramatic... but he is concerned with all 3 films so why kill him off now? Why not in ep 8 or 9?

Baron_Papanerd and darthmomm like this.
  20. Mommy.Is.A.Jedi

Mommy.Is.A.Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2015
    Does JJ care about all 3 films? He won't be directing... I do agree that TPTB should care and want to keep Han Solo around for at least another film though.

21. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Why is everyone so obsessed over Han dying? It's not 100% certain that he will...

22. deneuves

deneuves Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    The reason he is a lead in this movie is cause he dies. Otherwise he'd just be a regular supporting character.

23. LuvLeia

May 16, 2015
    I think the reason why he's the lead because it's Harrison Ford. No way would Harrison be a supporting role with his current statue in Hollywood. It's not 1978. Let's be honest, his career is quite different from Carrie's and Mark's and is the bigger box office draw. Regardless if he dies or not, he would always be either the lead or one of the leads in the movie.

24. deneuves

deneuves Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    harrison ford is a supporting actor in most of his movies these days. i mean, he had like 10 min of screentime in the crapfest that was age of adaline. he's no longer in his golden age of his career obviously.

25. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I hope Harrison isn't a statue. Imagine all the tarnish after a while. :p

Okay, okay...

As for JJ knowing "who his audience is" etc. - I want Harrison. I also want Carrie and Mark. (And of course, in case you wonder, I want the new cast and understand it is their movie.)

I'd like to see a somewhat more balanced use of the Big 3 in THIS movie and any future movies they're in. I honestly don't expect much Big 3 after this as they have never been intended to have much of a presence once the new cast takes over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.