main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford (Han Solo) in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deneuves

deneuves Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    Gabourey Sidibe, Hailee Steinfeld, and Ellen Page (all nobodies at the time) were all BAFTA nominated in lead just in the last couple years and all much younger than Zoe Saldana. Saldana just wasn't taken seriously as a contender at all. Fox may have tried a push cause why the hell not, they were rolling in the dough, but Andy Serkis was taken much more seriously as both Gollum and Cesar in his campaigns.

2. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    How sure are we that Han gets killed in this movie? If he indeed doesn't survive, I keep imagining one of two possibilities:

1. A devastating punch to the gut. (Imagine if Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan ended with Kirk's words, "Of all the souls I've encountered in my travels, his was the most...human." End Credits. No Amazing Grace. No promise of resurrection to come. Spock's just dead, deal with it.) It would overshadow the entire movie and make the primary emotion generated by the movie one of depression.

2. A glossed-over death, a disappointing death like Boba Fett's in ROTJ.

This issue is worrying me more than any other issue of TFA.

3. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    Followed by a short, high-pitched fart.

4. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    Yeah, I feel Han's death will be the one issue that people will be talking about from this movie. You heard the reactions from people seeing the trailer for the first time, Han is a hugely beloved character, and I don't think his death after the first film in the new trilogy is going to sit too well with a lot of fans.

5. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    One of GL's leftover contributions? :han:

6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I don't mind Han dying just not a huge fan of his rumored death so he gets stabbed with Kylo (his own son)'s saber sounds kinda barbaric.:p

wasn't there also word at some point of Kylo throwing Han's body with the force???[face_thinking]

Baron_Papanerd and nightangel like this.
  7. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Han gets "everything," which includes a barbaric death.

Satipo and Solo-Skywalker like this.
  8. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    well at least Kylo doesn't behead him or cut him in half, can you imagine the fan reaction at the thought of that?:p

9. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    Yeah but apparently they just leave his body there to get blown up when Starkiller Base explodes.

starocean90 likes this.
  10. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    You know what Yoda says, we are not the crude matter of our bodies. Han's soul must be one with the Force.

carlcockatoo likes this.
  11. deneuves

Apr 19, 2015

Yeah I'm kinda shocked he's not even getting a funeral at the end of this movie a la Padme.

Knightstalker137 likes this.
  12. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

Perhaps Episode 8 picks up a month or two after TFA and it opens with some kind of memorial service for Han, then there's an attack during the event or something and the plot starts. That could give a nice character moment for Leia, re-introduce Lando perhaps who could be giving a speech about his "ole buddy", and show how important Han was to the rebellion/resistance and the reverence those people have for what he did.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  13. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014

Its something that is expected though. Its a miracle we got Harrison Ford in TFA at all.

14. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    or we may get such a scene with everyone thinking Han is dead. :p

[​IMG]

15. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Frankly, I want Han to die. Wrap up his arc with one last hurrah then let others take the spotlught - predominantly the new leads and Luke moving forwards. These are fictional characters - death to much loved characters is no bad thing at all if done well and in the service of a satisfying story. Better that than keep the characters limping on for the sake of it. Some of the fandom levels regarding much loved characters are approaching Annie Wilkes levels. I find it really weird personally.

16. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Which means it's also possible that he's not really dead...

Baron_Papanerd and nightangel like this.
  17. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    yeah, I somehow can only see Han dying with the Falcon and this could happen earliest at the end of VIII as the darkest moment of this trilogy. ;)

ChildOfWinds and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  18. Palpatine's P.A.

Palpatine's P.A. Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 9, 2014
    Trying to picture how Han's death will happen. I imagine him begging Kylo to come back and out of nowhere, Kylo stabs him through the heart, as opposed to a decapitation or something. Maybe an instant death rather than a Qui Gon style time for a few last words.

19. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    On the German Star Wars Fanpage, I just read a discussion someone had with a guy who is a major diehard OT and Harrison Ford fan (and also a very passionate PT and EU basher, all his comments are nothing else there). He believes TFA is the second coming and after someone told him the spoiler that Han dies, he was all "That's nonsense. Disney will treat Han with reverence, he will not die etc." That discussion lasted more than 200 posts.

I'm very curious as to how people like that guy will react when it finally happens. Also, how other parts of the fanbase and the general audience will react. Will there be a major outcry? [face_thinking]

Gesendet von meinem GT-P3110 mit Tapatalk

20. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Same here. He really should have died in ROTJ. I do hope that he goes out with some dignity though. Not some half-assed pansy death.

Satipo likes this.
  21. deneuves

Apr 19, 2015
    I think the blow will be softened somewhat by the fact that Ford has publicly asked for Han to die for the past 30 years, and the fact that he's old. It'll be rough but it won't be coming out of left field exactly.

22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Personally, knowing ahead of time is helping a lot. It gave me a good deal of time to cope with it and actually accept his death. Sure, it'll still be rough watching it on screen (who wouldn't feel sucker-punched to see their favorite character killed?), but at least knowing this far in advance and coming up with different ways in which it will impact the plot or how it will unfold proved to be a good exercise in acceptance. In the end, I'm hoping it will be a fitting end to such an iconic character.

23. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015

I'm imagining han (unarmed and not about to shoot his own son anyway) will apologise to kylo for w/e happened in the past, will beg for kylo to come back, etc. kylo will be a bit hesitant for the first time, just standing there. we don't know what's going on behind the mask. then he finally says something that is basically a big 'screw you' to han before he chops him in half or w/e. it'll be downright cold but it'll be the best death scene in star wars and it won't be a 'lame death' in any sense of the word. it will show han's development towards 'non-violence' and be a really brave death, but it also won't be drawn out and corny. it'll also be a huge moment for both han and kylo character development wise.

I think it's a fitting end personally.

PymParticles and Howard Hand like this.
  24. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Yeah, and what makes it worse, is that he doesn't even get killed by a proper Lightsaber. [face_talk_hand] :p

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  25. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I really do think this is going to end up being the best death scene in the series. All the pieces are in place: audience attachment to the character is there, Han has had (by this point) four films to change and grow and develop, there's the emotional connection and relationship with Kylo and all the things that character has done and been through, there's the circumstance, the sacrifice, the method of death, and I'm sure as the cherry on top Williams' score will seal the deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.