main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford (Han Solo) in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaBacca

BobaBacca Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 6, 2015
    What if the twist is Luke has turned to the darkside and he turns up near the end and kills Han? :p

2. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Shaaa and monkey's might fly outta my butt! It could happen!o_O

Philosoraptor likes this.
  3. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    The twist is Han turns to the dark side and kills Luke.

Darth_Corvus likes this.
  4. Jason79

Oct 31, 2012
    The second part of a trilogy usually is darker. If he goes it'll make more sense to do it next movie.

5. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    They're not going to kill off Han before he reunites with Luke on-screen.

JLPR likes this.
  6. Jason79

Oct 31, 2012
    Very true and if Luke doesn't show up until the last reel like we all assume why kill him right after they join up again?
    Talk about a bummer that would be. Oh hey Luke how ya been old pal!? Well gotta die now! Nice knowing ya!:p

JediKnightWax likes this.
  7. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    He will die, let's be real. lol

You think MSW got this much info right to be wrong about this huge moment? ...There's no way Harrison truly signed on for more movies. What he wants is Indiana Jones.

8. Jason79

Oct 31, 2012
    So i guess this MSW has seen the force awakens in it's entirety right? As for Indy yeah good luck getting Harrison to do another one after what happened with the last movie. By the time they start filming it'll be too late for ford to be involved. Enjoy the reboot!

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    At this point, it's hard to deny or ignore the information that MSW has gotten correct as it continues to show up again and again in the TV spots and trailers...not to mention, the information that was released tonight in that book. Sure, there will still be some surprises, but on the whole, all of the beats are there, and unfortunately, it is not looking good for Han.

Also, in terms of the Indiana Jones thing, you obviously haven't been keeping up with the news:
    http://screenrant.com/indiana-jones-5-no-recasting-harrison-ford/

And a quote from Ford in the latest issue of EW:
    “Oh, yeah. Yeah, I’d love to do another Indiana Jones. A character that has a history and a potential, kind of a rollicking good movie ride for the audience, Steven Spielberg as a director — what’s not to like?”

Hitchhiking-Ghost and Flapjack4 like this.
  10. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

His loss.
    Well if he indeed dies he will have a pretty cool send off. There is going to be lots of Han stuff in TFA. We are going to meat his former mentor for example.

11. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    yes, this was rumored last year and suggested by Hamill in this dinner for 5 show. So you mean JJ allows Mark's wish? o_O

12. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014

George Lucas had Obi-wan kill Luke's father in the Empire Strikes Back script to prevent major spoiler leakage.

13. ksb36

ksb36 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2014
    I've been back and forth over the possible death of Han. Part of me understands it as a storytelling device, a passing of the baton. But the other part of me screams: "NOOOOOOOO". The money shot--and we all know this--is the scene where Leia, Han and Luke reunite. The MSW summary makes no note of any reunion. I would bet good $$ on there being a super-secret set of scenes known only to the principles and a handful of folks who know how to keep their mouths shut. Han will not die. It may appear as if he does, but in the end, he will be saved, whether by Luke or someone else, I do not know. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

SaintKenobi1322, Merric, JLPR and 3 others like this.
  14. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Okay the new tv spot gives another version of the it's true, all of it monologue. I wonder what the legit version is gonna be.

15. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Harrison is supposed to be on Jimmy Kimmel tonight with JJ and Carrie. Saw a commercial on GMA this morning.

16. AloneinSpace

AloneinSpace Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 21, 2015
    I thought I was ready for the death of Han, but now I chicken out. Don't die please!

Flapjack4 and Force22 like this.
  17. Force22

Force22 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    Yes, I mean to have the three back and not have a scene together would be really sad. I mean, really? Han doesn't interact with Luke? Maybe there is a scene with the three of them somewhere and we don't know about it yet. I still think Han dies, but I can see why they'd make him stick around for nostalgia.

18. UberJediPaul

UberJediPaul Jedi Master star 1

Apr 12, 2002
    Han will not die no way will Disney allow that it may have been planned/shot/edited but that can easily be changed in post production. Harrison dying onscreen does not generate goodwill for a movie @ xmas time.

Lot of misdirection going on anyway JJ said 2 weeks none of the major plot points are on the internet yet. Either he is just saying that or its true....all of it [​IMG]

SaintKenobi1322 likes this.
  19. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Where does JJ say that please, about no major plot points being out there? I think MSW has given us the best they can with the information they had, and I'm believing what they are saying.

20. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    I feel like people have recently come here and just found out about Han dying and are in extreme denial right now.

He's gonna die. Accept it now before it's too late.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  21. AloneinSpace

AloneinSpace Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 21, 2015
    I don't think you can change something that big in the editing room.

22. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    He dies, the only misdirection is JJ acting like he doesn't die.

23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That shot of Han looking over his shoulder is really telling IMO. It may be nothing but to me it looks like he has a feeling he won't make it out of this alive. At this point I would think he knows Kylo Ren is his son (if he doesn't know that from the beginning) and probably knows he's gonna have to confront him at some point (it wouldn't surprise me if Kylo is hot on their tail in that scene.)

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  24. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    For some reason I wasn't that surprised about this, as I figured one the Big three would bite it and Solo seemd like the logical choose. If they make I to where Solo goes in a blaze of glory yet still heart wretching it could be the highlight of TFA. It will be sad to see the old smuggler go as he's been rising on my favorite characters list lately, unless of course this just a hoax though it doesn't appear to be.

25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Exactly. There's a lot of denial going around right now. Although, I guess that's part of the grieving process, even if it is for a fictional character.

And yeah...JJ never said no major plot points are out there. He acknowledged that some of it was true and some was not...he didn't divulge any details beyond that.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.