main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford (Han Solo) in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElizaD

ElizaD Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 25, 2015
    I would prefer no old cast than killing them, honestly....

ThinWhiteDuke likes this.
  2. KnightOfRen

KnightOfRen Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Understandable. I'm just happy to see them back, and even if Han dies it still looks like he'll have a big role in this one.

Force22 likes this.
  3. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

So you'd rather have them die off screen between the two trilogies?

Force22 likes this.
  4. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    Hopefully for the sake of the movie, main character's die on both sides. As they always have.

5. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Couldn't walk out of a episode IV cause i wasn't born yet. Besides obi wan didn't even try to stay alive. He just stood there like a goon while he was cut down.
    Not really worth getting upset over his death. Maybe Han does die but i bet he puts up more of a fight.

6. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

You'll get your final scene with Han and Leia. Luke on the other hand...is too busy caressing Artoo in some remote location while the action takes place elsewhere.

[​IMG]

ElizaD likes this.
  7. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Oh but i thought luke wasn't in the trailers! If that's not luke i'll be a monkey's uncle!:p

Import_Jedi likes this.
  8. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    http://www.disney.com.au/competitions/sw-the-force-awakens-fan-event/index.php/competition

9. Bigger Fish

Bigger Fish Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 24, 2015
    I'll not be a pessimist. I am only disappointed with the Han Solo rumor. Otherwise, for me, everything else looks and sounds fantastic! I LOVE the prequels, too! :D

10. Hoth Chocolate

Hoth Chocolate Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 21, 2015
  11. Hoth Chocolate

Hoth Chocolate Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 21, 2015
  12. Matt47

Matt47 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 17, 2015
    Will you be back for Episode VIII?
    "You can't ask that question."
    Do you mean you can't answer it?
    "No. You can't ask it..."

hahaha I love how Ford answers those questions.

13. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    Now I think Han CLEARLY is going to die. They way he speaks about experience the story is very telling.

14. UberJediPaul

UberJediPaul Jedi Master star 1

Apr 12, 2002
    Harrison's comments do not confirm or deny anything he is simply not going to offer any clues & considers the question out of bounds in the interview.

LuvLeia likes this.
  15. LuvLeia

LuvLeia Jedi Padawan star 1

May 16, 2015
    It wouldn't shock me if the audience is led to believe that Han dies and then the final shot is of his face, in hiding. I just read MH's quotes about reuniting with HF and CF (implying in the film). Interesting.

ElizaD likes this.
  16. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    Interesting to note that, according to Harrison, Lucas was involved in the development of the script. This kind of contradicts Lucas' recent comments which imply Disney wanted nothing to do with his ideas.

Force22 likes this.
  17. Force22

Force22 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

I noted that as well. See? I think e're getting Vader's grandkids. Perhaps the problem with George Lucas is that he hasn't been up to date with spoilers. :p

18. ElizaD

Nov 25, 2015
    He seems to have enjoyed the filming.
    Maybe there is hope and he didn't want to be kill so soon.

19. Force22

Force22 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

Well, one reason I thought Han Solo had to be killed off is because Harrison Ford is getting old. I know, he's in great shape, but still, he's 73. And his character cannot be an OT Yoda type, sitting down and talking. Even in TFA, it looks like Han Solo will be right in the action.

On the other hand, he is talking about another Indiana Jones. Awesome, septuagenarian adventure hero. I mean, that's even cool, you know, with the aging population, it's nice. What I mean is that Harrison Ford seems to have no problem playing an active hero at his age, so age only would not be the reason Han dies.

But, other than that, let's remember this is a new trilogy, and it's about passing the torch. I think they are handling the OT characters really well, giving then a purpose and a story. It would be very easy just to have them there, you know, a bit like C3P0 and even R2 in the prequels. No, it looks like both Han Solo and Leia are important characters in this story, not background for nostalgia. So, from this perspective, giving Han an honourable death better serves the character than just leaving him around.

If there's a twist and he stays, I hope he'll have an important role to play (and he could, with Kylo and all, but I think it will be up to Rey to settle the debt).

Knessa84 , MattOrgana and ElizaD like this.
  20. ElizaD

Nov 25, 2015
    I agree.
    But let him be just in one scene in the second movie and then kill him.
    Don't kill him in the very first film...

21. Rancor Rider

Rancor Rider Jedi Padawan

Nov 26, 2015
    First of all, hello, I am new here. I personally am a softie for my favorite fictional characters and always hate to see them bumped off, heroically or no. As a child, I was devastated when Sherlock Holmes apparently perished, as were Doyle's readers when the story was first published. I watched Star Trek: Generations once and have done my best to forget it ever since. Likewise Alien 3. Ditto The Matrix sequels. The rumored death of Solo is very weak, in my opinion, as was Kirk's. Anyway, I grew up with Han, he seems to shine in the footage we've seen, and if the MSW stuff is true, it will be a tremendous downer, again for myself at any rate and I doubt I'll be into the story as much. It is beyond me how they can pass up an Expendables type of reunion with the original cast. There is so much potential there and, again if the leaks are true, it's kind of sad that ROTJ is the last time we see them together. Personally, I hope Han's (apparent) death is just that - apparent - as his body is not recovered, again according to MSW. But Kylo's blade looks like it could do some serious damage so I won't hold out hope that Han survives.

Knightstalker137, Force22 and ElizaD like this.
  22. ElizaD

Nov 25, 2015
    From "The Cantina" forum
    Possible good news for Han/Leia fans:
    I bought the People special edition Star Wars magazine at my local Walgreens today. Leia and Han front and center...
    In it they have a big picture of Han and Leia embracing like in the trailer.
    Here is the quote about Han and Leia surrounding the picture:
    "Lasting Love?
    The fate of Princess Leia and Han Solo's relationship is a secret, but Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, and Mark Hamill had input into the script. 'J.J. and I were very cognizant of wanting them to be happy," says co-screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan.

23. CakeThiefPro

CakeThiefPro Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 16, 2015
    I don't know. Obi Wan and Yoda seemed pretty happy as force ghosts.

On a serious note, if their deaths help serve the story and develop the new characters into their full potential then I'm all for killing the big 3 at the right time. They've had their time and it'll be sad to see them go but ultimately this is a new trilogy with it's own heroes and villains. Killing them off without having it serve a purpose other than tugging on our heart strings, however, would be quite disappointing.

24. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I don't.

25. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    LuvLeia, ElizaD and Darth_Corvus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.