main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Harrison Ford: "I'm looking forward to it."

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TheBBP, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    This thrills me. As much as I love Indiana Jones (I liked KOTCS...or Ford and Blanchett's parts anyway) I always felt like older Han Solo would be easier to pull off. Glad to see that Harrison is looking forward to it, rather than dreading it lol.

2. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    It's an interesting idea. But unless they sign some big star to play one of the new young characters, it's still very likely that Harrison will be the highest-paid member of the cast. And we know Han can't come back as a force-ghost. So I think Disney will want their money's worth and keep him onscreen until the final act.

3. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    I think he's not long for this world (or the many worlds in GFFA) but I agree he'll make it to the the 2nd or third act just to maximize the impact of his death. I'm still hoping that he' sort of an absentee father and selfish to a degree. That way once again he can atone but this time for his children.

Hydro spanner Celt likes this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    In the absence of Han being around, there can be a touching scene where Han's son is sitting in his room sulking and Chewie can come in and have a 15 minute heart-to-heart discussion with him.

No subtitles.

5. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003

lol negative Ghost Rider.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope that when Han dies he becomes Robocop.

HK-FittyCent likes this.
  7. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    These will not be extended Cameos, THAT WOULD SUCK................They will be primary players in all Three ST Films, and still pass it down to the younger actors to carry on.

Marc McAllister and T-R- like this.
  8. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    The story I'm imagining is similar to yours, but a little less extreme.

I don't see Han as separated from Leia or an absentee father. But given that his children are extremely likely to be force-sensitive, and Han has always had an antipathy to that "hokey religion," I can see a story where Han disapproves of his offspring becoming Jedi, and so the kid -- not wanting to lose daddy's approval -- does not develop his force abilities and this creates tension between father and son. Before Han dies, he admits he was wrong and gives his blessing for the kid to become a Jedi.

Even if the main lead is Luke's kid, odds are very strong that there will be at least one Solo child as well and that he/she will have force abilities.

9. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I hope this whole ST has the big three in primary roles with perhaps some emerging new characters to carry on another trilogy beyond the ST.

T-R- and HK-FittyCent like this.
  10. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't think he's be the highest paid or anything but a supporting character who gets killed off to bring in emotional ties with the new characters.

11. HK-FittyCent

HK-FittyCent Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2013
    if Joss wrote it

it'd be

'GET OFF MY BOAT!'

why not?

what if Leia and his kids work to make that a possibility

everyone can experience the force acting through them to some degree, or even sense its influence

you don't need to be a Jedi to be wise, just as any sentient being can fall sway to the Dark Side, force-sensitive or not

12. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    I understand what you're saying, but...the story already has too many dang force-ghosts as it is. And we'll probably get more assuming Leia and/or Luke dies at some point in the story. So I just can't see Han as a force-ghost at all. Maybe the kid can talk to him through force-ghost Leia..."Hey Mom, please tell Dad he forgot to tell me the codes for the Falcon before he died." :)

HK-FittyCent likes this.
  13. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Oh theres plans the have carry on the saga to have episodes 10, 11, and 12 and beyond!!!!

14. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I remember a few years back someone asked him during an interview if he'd ever play Han again. He said he feels he has outgrown the character. Wonder why all the enthusiasm all the sudden? Guess he's not exactly busy with any other huge blockbusters at the moment. Unless he's gearing up for cowboys and aliens 2. :p

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, he has 4 films coming out this year, so I doubt that is the reason. I think he's just starting to mellow a bit as he gets older and he's going more 'with the flow', so to speak.

16. HK-FittyCent

Feb 23, 2013
    go with the force perhaps?

17. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Maybe he's looking forward to it cause he knows he dies ? anyway I'm a little sick of people talking about Harrison in INDY 4 & how that didn't work ect well Harrison was the best thing about INDY 4 is wasn't his fault he was cast with a bafoon like Shia Laboof head & that George Lucas had wriiten a pile of monkey crap beside Han won't have a lead role in EP7 ........

18. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

Maybe not only has he mellowed, an come to terms with it (after all, it DID open a hell of a lot of doors for him) but if he had the story pitched to him, it sounded intriguing enough and fun enough to pique his interest - and not necessarily having Han killed off in the first film either...

19. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I hope he's returning cause he actually wants to, not because either
    A) He needs work/just enother job/ehh why not
    B) Fan pressure cause he knows if he doesn't fans will go insane
    C) He's contractually obligated to return whether he wants to or not.

HK-FittyCent likes this.
  20. HK-FittyCent

Feb 23, 2013
    ^ I agree!

21. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I think it's the first - he WANTS too - George already told Mark they'd write them out if they weren't game, after all.

22. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Also maybe he's been shown where there at with the script and what Hans role and his futures gonna be, and maybe he's excited about it all. After all he didn't really have to agree to it. He doesn't need the money, and I would find it hard to believe he feels pressured to do it.

TreborSabreon and DarthBreezy like this.
  23. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    No way he's contractually obligated. He refused to do that in the OT.

HK-FittyCent likes this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Ford was dicey for ROTJ, that's why they literally "froze" the character of Han Solo. I really think he's been leaning towards being killed off since 1979 so he's finally gonna get his wish (because it would be too pricey to pay him for 3 movies.) I have an odd sense in the Force that he'll be used in the Han Solo spin-off flick, think of Indy's flashbacks in that episode of Young Indiana Jones chronicles he popped up in, but I don't see him being in the ST all the way through.

HK-FittyCent likes this.
  25. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    Hopefully, his performance won't suck, like it did in Indy IV.