main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Harrison Ford: "I'm looking forward to it."

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TheBBP, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Absolutely! Like I posted before he was the one most likely thought never to return and his willingness and excitement show a softenening and perhaps better understanding of its importance.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I've said, since I came back to the forums, that Ford has become irrelevent. SW gives him that one last Super-Mega Blockbuster. Also, I think Ford has softened on his stance toward Solo and SW. His fears earlier were a result of feariunbg ti be type-cast and locked-in to playing Han Solo for the rest of his life. He escaped those fears thus he has no fears in reprising the role for whatever time is required. It's smart, logical and understandable.

stormcloud8 likes this.
  2. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I really can't imagine Ford getting excited over anything to be honest. But considering his reaction, maybe he's got some inside knowledge on what's going on like script, plot, Solo's role and future and he's excited by it. I've said elsewhere here that I could never imagine him feeling pressured into doing it. Hopefully it bodes well into what were going to get.

3. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Well, now that we know that Han the man is coming back the real question is-- Hair?

Harrison Ford is pretty gray these days. Does Han get some dye or does he stay gray? :p

4. Hydro spanner Celt

Hydro spanner Celt Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 9, 2013

Got to keep it real , ( in a sci fi fantasy way) it's got to be grey , surely they don't have hair dye in the galaxy far ,far away ...

5. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    What a pertinent question...

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Keep Han grey, it would be funny. Also I'm voting for a return of the ESB coat. I think the Solo-vest has seen it's time (when Lando started wearing it, it was a little odd. Maybe Lando can rock the Solo-vest the entire ST).

As for Ford, I don't think he's been disdainful of Star Wars over the years. More like bewildered. Which, to be fair, A) it's not exactly disdain B) there is a hell of a lot of stuff to be bewildered about Star Wars in general.

Echo-07 likes this.
  7. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    Harrison is looking forward to it because theyre going to finally kill him off like he always wanted ;)

8. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Interesting. I remember a report nearly ten years ago where Harrison Ford gave Lucas and Spielberg an ultimatum of sorts for how much longer he was able to hold out to do an Indiana Jones movie. I think it was something like five years, and I can't remember if it was before or after Frank Darabont's script was rejected. Surely he projected he wouldn't be as spry and turns out to still be quite mobile, and the role of Han Solo is less of a physical one than that of Indiana Jones.

9. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Well, I hope he would get some new clothes after all these years. LOL :p The Empire look is actually my favorite. His vest is a trademark. But I suspect him to be a general so i'd expect him to wear somethjing along those lines. Although, seeing him in the vest one last time would be cool too.

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Good Lord, please give the guy a new wardrobe! :p I understand the vest is an iconic look for the character, but wearing the same thing for 30+ years? Yeah, that's a little too much!

11. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Please no General Solo. The title of General doesn't fit Han. Way too much paperwork and responsibility, not enough personal freedom. Han as freighter pilot for dangerous missions is my wish.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I totally agree. I just don't see him being disciplined enough to stick around in the role. If I recall, he even became restless with it in the EU and decided to ultimately resign his commission. I can certainly see him as an honest freighter pilot or even the head of his own shipping company (where he could make his own rules and run things how he sees fit).

13. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel Modercreeper Is Always Watching star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    He should get Lando to fix him up with some style. :)

HanSolo29 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  14. P.Sam

P.Sam Jedi Padawan star 1

May 31, 2011
    I thought it was Lucas who wanted this at some point but finally changed his mind...

15. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Wow, that sounds like a cool idea. Chewie could be Co-chief of the company and have his own spaceship. Then, during the ST, the new heroes might need a "delivery" (of weapons or whatever) and Han and Chewie help them.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm still shocked they never made me my much hoped for figure of Lando wearing Han's clothes from the end of ESB...

17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    They did:

[​IMG]

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  18. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Would like to see Han living back on Correlia (think that's how you spell it?) as a grizzled old smuggler eking out a living. His hero thing went tits up somewhere along the line and there was a big falling out with everyone. Plus, Did anyone think it would've been cool to have seen the Correlian Imperial Ship building yards back in the OT at some point? Always imagined them after hearing about them.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

WHAAAAA.....???? [face_hypnotized]

20. HK-FittyCent

HK-FittyCent Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2013
    i actually didn't legitimately think it was the campiest thing they ever did with young indie (that would probably be 'goodbye my dog' in the hallmark-my-condolences-you-lost-your-dog kind of way that first epidose had - couldn't stomach the rest until the Parisian-starving-escape-of-privation-due-to-French-baggettes episode 'aired' (watched it just about 1-2 months ago now). also this http://tinyurl.com/arxhak3 compared to this http://tinyurl.com/bdbjxmb

or this

http://tinyurl.com/byo99an

wait nevermind

this

http://www.ign.com/star-wars-characters/95.html

hellz yeah!
    http://tinyurl.com/arydgg4

21. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I find it hard to believe that Disney paid $$billions$$ to make 5 or 6 movies. Remember back when Uncle George said "Star Wars is forever."? I fully believe it now. These movies will be made until they no longer make money.

22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    No, I'm absolutely sure they will make tons of movies, and they have hinted at that possibility. However, there are no indications as of right now that there will be further "episodes" after 7, 8 & 9. And as such, one shouldn't state that there are plans to make 10, 11, 12 and beyond.
    More movies? Yes. More Episodes? Maybe. But nothing is official.

23. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Yeah, I hear that. Let's cross that bridge when we get to it.

24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Precisely. We still know next to nothing about Ep7, so everything else might be a bit premature.

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    If Billy Dee doesn't want to come back, they could just merge both characters into one: Hando Soloressian.

Vastor likes this.